Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Business HL - Predictions / discussion / aftermath * (One thread only please)

Options
  • 13-06-2011 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭

Are the long questions set topics that come up everywhere? I.e. is Part 1 Q1 always People in Business, Q2 always Domestic/International Environment or are they liable to change?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

They're always set topics.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

And Part 2 alternates every year?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Part two is about three different sections. I THINK this year it's 3,4,5, but don't quote me on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

And Part 2 alternates every year?

Part 1
    Q1 = Unit 1
    Q2 = Unit 6
    Q3 = Unit 7

Part 2
    Q4-Q7 = Unit 2-5
    I'm not so sure as to the finer details!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    Part two is about three different sections. I THINK this year it's 3,4,5, but don't quote me on that.

That's Section 2 AKA The ABQ.

Section 3 is long questions and broken in to Part 1 and Part 2 (answer 1 from 1 and 3 from 2 or 2 from each)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Thanks everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Part 1
    Q1 = Unit 1
    Q2 = Unit 6
    Q3 = Unit 7

Part 2
    Q4-Q7 = Unit 2-5
    You've just made this alot easier to study/cram for. YOU ARE MY HERO :D
    Thanks everyone.
    God bless you for starting this thread :3

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Shifty11

What's everyone going with for business tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Part 1
    Q1 = Unit 1
    Q2 = Unit 6
    Q3 = Unit 7

Part 2
    Q4-Q7 = Unit 2-5
    There.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 sketchz700

what do you expect to come up in the short answers,abq and long Q's, what have you prepared for
    any tips you have share :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

I have never looked forward to an exam as much as I have business. I know all of my skills and activities down to a tee and in finer detail. Would love somewhere a nice 30 mark on Product Development. Some Ratios would be nice in the short questions.

Hopefully not too much unit 1 in the short questions. I think something of storming norming forming / isurance could come up.

Managing a change in a business would be one i hope for, possibly even on the ABQ would be lovely.

Prepared, yet so much stuff i have left to my own intuition... just the hard facts i learned off. Hope it's a good one for everybody.

Let's hope we all get some set forces to make people behave in certain ways today :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Areq

I think one of the first seven units might come up , but not sure which one .. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

Dreading it. :( Even if I know the stuff I never have enough time to write it all down.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

Nice paper. I'm so incredibly tired now though. Only finished just as the time was up. So. Glad. That's. Over.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Iceboy

How did business go for everyone? How was the higher paper, easy or hard? I dropped from higher to ordinary this morning , ordinary paper was piss easy definiately got an A :D

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

DEAR GOD my hand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭ciff

Was a very fair test but my hand iis falling off me.

Did 22 pages

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mrfantastico

flyaway. wrote: »
    Nice paper. I'm so incredibly tired now though. Only finished just as the time was up. So. Glad. That's. Over.

same with me,absolutley bolloxed but hopefully will be worth it,the three people in my class who do higher level all finished right at the end so hopefully thats a good sign :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 nanor92

Bull**** exam whats the point in making it so tight on time? I knew the answers I just didn't have time to write down what I knew.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭DaveMur1

Maslow's theory of motivation WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!! Horrible tactic just to throw people off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,487 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Such a nice exam, pretty sure I got my A.

@people moaning about time: Write faster...its nothing compared to the History exam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 josephdaly111

Such a good exam! Got it finished just at the very end!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 josephdaly111

AdamD wrote: »
    Such a nice exam, pretty sure I got my A.

@people moaning about time: Write faster...its nothing compared to the History exam.

Totally agree about history. My hands going to be shattered tomorrow evening

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭ggmad

Very, very nice paper

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Gav77

Absolutley gutted, made a complete mess of it:(spent ages on the ABQ like an IDIOT!! Then when it came to the long questions, even when i knew the answer i didnt have time so just wrote silly short answers:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 nanor92

AdamD wrote: »

So you think people being able to write fast is more important than having a good concept a subject? Be it business or history... I just don't think it's the right way of examining people.

Yes, I can't write fast, and I know I'm moaning, but I think I can get away with it now for a while to vent off some steam!:mad: sorry to anyone who finds it annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭amortentia

I have been DREADING that exam for the last two years. But I couldn't be happier with how it went :) All the questions were nice and I actually found it hard to choose which to do. Loved the break even, such a nice question. Did Q2 from section one, wished I did Q3 after I'd finished the first part though but it was fine. Was so pressed for time though it was horrible! I've never felt the strain that much, my hand is dying. I had to ask for extra paper twice, I actually couldn't believe I managed to write so much! Very happy overall :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 SBray

Did pretty well on the short questions, the ABQ and the first long question. However then timing got the better of me and ran out on my fourth question. Also didn't see Q.7 on the last page (stupid, I know) and that looked way easier then some of the questions I did. Bit of a disaster but wrote loads and praying I did okay in it. Thank God I never have to do that subject again, I hated it with a passion, AN ABSOLUTE PASSION! French and history tomorrow, oh the joys.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Bonkers_xOx

Lovely paper. Easiest ABQ I've seen I think. I was writing til the very end too. 6 hours 20 mins of writing like my life depended on it today!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭ciff

DaveMur1 wrote: »
    Maslow's theory of motivation WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!! Horrible tactic just to throw people off.
    you still write about hierarchy of needs though?

Advertisement