Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw - 13/06/11 - *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭The Bull

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I thought he said Little Jennys as well this week

I heard that too

I wonder if the J in your name MAJR stands for Jimmy, would explain your dislike of the little Jimmy phrase

• Registered Users Posts: 12,057 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

• Registered Users Posts: 85,868 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

^ Did Punk get Austin's beers?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    ^ Did Punk get Austin's beers?

i think i read he had diet pepsis

• Registered Users Posts: 12,057 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

sky88 wrote: »
    i think i read he had diet pepsis

Aye I read it was a pepsi as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭Ridley

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Yeah - they love to humiliate or job out the home-town hero for some reason. They've do it fairly regularly.. in particular I recall JR, Mickie James and CM Punk being humiliated or losing in their hometowns.

Did it happen before the Montreal Screwjob? Always seems like it's a contingency plan to stop wrestlers refusing to lose in their hometown.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Ridley wrote: »
    Did it happen before the Montreal Screwjob? Always seems like it's a contingency plan to stop wrestlers refusing in to lose in their hometown.

That's a good point. I always thought of it as a swerve from the days where people would be featured/get the win in their home town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Must have a proper read off this thread tmr as I reckon there are a few threads can be split off from it.

On Raw itself, Punk was the MVP for me closely followed by Truth. His heel schtick is excellent and I echo others in saying heres hoping it is sustained. He will lose against Cena, there is no doubting that. What is important is the manner of the loss. He needs to be shown as a threat. A stint back down the mid card afterward will do the world of good also, so as to not allow him get stale in the main event area.

I really enjoyed the Punk Cena match, and am glad that Punk got the (more or less) clean win. Cena took his eye off the ball, Punk capitalised. They have an excellent chemistry together I find having had some decent TV macthes together. I thought the WWE completely wasted their feud at the back end of last year. Its a money feud which they blew off on TV. They will surely have another programme, maybe going into Summerslam.

Rest of the show was ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

gimmick wrote: »
    I really enjoyed the Punk Cena match, and am glad that Punk got the (more or less) clean win. Cena took his eye off the ball, Punk capitalised. They have an excellent chemistry together I find having had some decent TV macthes together. I thought the WWE completely wasted their feud at the back end of last year. Its a money feud which they blew off on TV. They will surely have another programme, maybe going into Summerslam.

Yeah, they can use this victory to put Punk in the #1 contenders spot. I'd assume that R-Truth will feud with Morrison after Capitol Punishment and with Del Rio struggling on Raw that leaves Punk as the obvious choice to challenge Cena.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Must have been asleep first time i watched this...

Austin: Do you want a Beer?
    Punk: What?
    Austin: Do you want a Beer?
    Austin: Shot of Whiskey?
    Austin: Vodka?
    Austin: Anything?
    Punk: What?!
    Punk: Annoying isnt it?

Genius. Ya just gotta love Punk. Noone else could have done that and pulled it off against Austin...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

is austin v punk just a big tease :( i'd prefer it now over cena v rock

is austin v punk just a big tease :( i'd prefer it now over cena v rock

If Rock/Cena falls through you gotta think that they'll come knocking on Austin's door. He's a big fan on Punk's so.......we can only hope. WM29 though? or they might just wait until Mania 30 to bring back Austin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

jaykhunter wrote: »
    If Rock/Cena falls through you gotta think that they'll come knocking on Austin's door. He's a big fan on Punk's so.......we can only hope. WM29 though? or they might just wait until Mania 30 to bring back Austin.

I like Punk & Austin but I wouldn't want it to happen I noticed Austin was slow & a bit stiff in the body when he was brawling with Miz & Riley a few months ago.If it were to happen leaving it for a few years wouldn't be smart.Vince would love to do it so he could ignore that he isn't building for the future at the moment.

Wrestling is all about hype and promos (something both can deliver in droves); and the big moves/spots/finish; not about mobility/workrate (see WrestleMania X8 Rock/Hogan). It'd be an iconic match; a true 'WrestleMania moment' :pac:

If Taker's arthritic body can deliver a stunning match at Mania, so can Austin :)

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Wrestling is all about hype and promos (something both can deliver in droves); and the big moves/spots/finish; not about mobility/workrate (see WrestleMania X8 Rock/Hogan). It'd be an iconic match; a true 'WrestleMania moment' :pac:

If Taker's arthritic body can deliver a stunning match at Mania, so can Austin :)

Taker has wrestled every year though (despite nearly being crippled) whereas Austin hasn't wrestled since Mania XIX(God that makes me feel old).Don't think Punk vs Austin could get a Rock vs Hogan sized reaction either,which was as heated a match as I can ever remember seeing.

I meant that the match can have maximum effect with minimal actual effort; it depends on how well the match will be laid out (much like Rock/Hogan, or even Hogan/Orton or Hogan/HBK). With one able-bodied wrestler to bump; it shouldn't be a problem.

Punk Austin is definitely a IWC/smark's wet dream :P

Get your point Jayk but I'd rather not see Austin wrestle if it meant he'd have to struggle and be carried through it like the ultra limited Hogan did.I'm probably in the minority though

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Are WWE giving Punk a taste of what can happen if he signs a new deal? Getting time with Austin like that and a good win over Cena.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I would saw off an arm to get a Punk vs Stone Cold match :P

The only downside is, if it happened at Mania, Stone Cold would likely go over so as not to really annoy older fans. Cause you know Rock is tapping out like a ***** to Cena :(

It sure beats what Jericho got on the way out last year! But sure one week of promise doesn't compare with 4-5 years of half-hearted booking

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭ciff

it sucks so much that Cena will beat the Rock.

I would saw off an arm to get a Punk vs Stone Cold match :P

The only downside is, if it happened at Mania, Stone Cold would likely go over so as not to really annoy older fans. Cause you know Rock is tapping out like a ***** to Cena :(

If I was Rock i'd want at least $10m to even think of doing that.
    As for wwe dangling the carrot of the big time to Punk I don't buy that,he's been consistantly good yet wwe has done nothing with him the last year or so.A match with Austin is a small possibility but they'd want to do more with Punk long term.

I think it'll be an FU and 3-count pin. But at least Cena will be the heel that night; in Miami with more % of veteran fans; Cena will get roundly booed!

GTR63 wrote: »
    As for wwe dangling the carrot of the big time to Punk I don't buy that,he's been consistantly good yet wwe has done nothing with him the last year or so.A match with Austin is a small possibility but they'd want to do more with Punk long term.

WWE have known he was coming to the end of his deal. When he returned from Injury they were not going to make him WWE Champion when he could leave soon.

I also don't buy into WWE do nothing with him. He was on commentary while injured, made new leader of the nexus when he returned, has had countless good promo's, took on Cena straight away, then into an excellent feud with Orton leading to Mania (So worked with WWEs top two stars one after the other). He had a brief lull after taking on Orton. But that is not out of the ordinary for a wrestler coming off a big feud.

DM-ICE wrote: »
    WWE have known he was coming to the end of his deal. When he returned from Injury they were not going to make him WWE Champion when he could leave soon.

I also don't buy into WWE do nothing with him. He was on commentary while injured, made new leader of the nexus when he returned, has had countless good promo's, took on Cena straight away, then into an excellent feud with Orton leading to Mania (So worked with WWEs top two stars one after the other). He had a brief lull after taking on Orton. But that is not out of the ordinary for a wrestler coming off a big feud.

I'm talking about him being in the same feud he was in this time last year,whats the storyline with him & mysterio there is none really.He didn't get a lot out of Orton he got beat two ppv running.Before he got injured wasn't he in a dreadful run with Big Show when he stared at more lights than a moth.I enjoyed the S.E.S but the New Nexus are terrible in comparison.It hasn't been a great last year if it was he'd of signed a new deal by now,he is a bit ran down but I bet he ain't happy with his position the last year or so.

Punk wouldn't be happy unless he was the top guy in the company and I would love to see him be that guy some day.

Over the last year he has had a fantastic amount of screen time. He was allowed enhance his character since he returned.

So what if he lost to Orton? He is a heel, he is best utilised by putting over a face. As a heel there was more Value in him putting Over Cena and Orton than Punk getting wins over WWE top face stars when his deal is running out.

I don't see anything wrong in WWE putting him against Mysterio again. They always have a good match. I have read many times Punk say he enjoys working with Rey so he is doing too bad to get to work with Rey on PPV again.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

GTR63 wrote: »

Rock's a good guy so will do "what's best for the business". As much as I will hate it, Rock would get nothing for a win, so he'll lose to try and help the guy who will be staying on get over.
    Unfortunatly, it's probably backed them into a corner, cause people are going to be annoyed when Rock gets beat...

Punk's on TV every week but the angles he is lumped in are awful. The 'New Nexus' are a half-step above X-Factor! He's not seen as a legimiate threat; the only reason he's not sunken to Bryan's level is that he's absolute gold on the mic; so much that his aura retains, no matter how often he loses.

Before this week's RAW I can't remember the last time Punk's theme hit after he won a match.

Punk and Rey do have fantastic matches and chemistry but I don't want to see it anymore. It's been far too soon since they last did a programme. That said i'm sure it'll be a show-stealer.

Rock's a good guy so will do "what's best for the business". As much as I will hate it, Rock would get nothing for a win, so he'll lose to try and help the guy who will be staying on get over.
    Unfortunatly, it's probably backed them into a corner, cause people are going to be annoyed when Rock gets beat...

He put over Lesnar completly clean at SummerSlam when he left,its a pity a heel never wins like that often enough I can't remember the last time two main eventers clashed and the heel won clean. He tapped out to Benoit too around the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

What I loved about this show was the face-off between Austin and Miz where Miz got shown to be completely out of Austin's league. Miz can't come across as being remotely menacing. In contrast, the face-off with CM Punk and Austin was great and would be a match I think everyone would like to see.

Also popped huge for R Truth's 'take that little Jimmy!' line to the laid out Morrison.

I wish the PPV Sunday was on Sky Sports rather than the PPV channel as it looks a cut above most of them.

Advertisement