Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheating.. *See Mod Note in Post 112*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭unknowntoown

RMD wrote: »
    Oh how hard you are. Spend more time learning and less being an ignorant gobshíte, maybe you wont need to cheat then.

Hes right though .... if some little..... kicked my bag which had my phone in it id go mad, wheather i was attempting to cheat or not.

back on topic
    a phone went off in mine today, person got kicked out for the remainder of the exam, only about 30 mins left, my examminer is of gay genetics

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭polka dot

This isn't in my school but my best friend is attending in another school and told me.

Honours maths, paper 1, last Friday.

This girl ran in literally at the last minute because she got stuck in traffic (tractors guys, they're everywhere) kept her phone (off) in her pocket and sat down to do the exam. 20 minutes in, the supervisor spots the phone-shape in her pocket and immediately cancels the exam. Didn't matter that it was off, nothing. So yep, pretty damn observant!

The girl got an apology from the supervisor at the end and was told that the exam still had to stay cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Hes right though .... if some little..... kicked my bag which had my phone in it id go mad, wheather i was attempting to cheat or not.

The only reason the bag was kicked was because the person was cheating. If the person wasn't a lazy bollox it wouldn't have happened and the bag wouldn't have been touched.

Don't cheat and your bag wont be kicked, problem solved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Platinum2010

Call me a snitch if you want but I have no real respect for cheaters.

Fair enough if someone has cheated in their exams and does better than me come august I'll be truly gutted but at least If I get college offers I'll feel that I'll have earned them rather than robbed a deserving person of their place ....

thats just me though I guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

Oh how hard you are. Spend more time learning and less being an ignorant gobshíte, maybe you wont need to cheat then.

I'm not cheating, I just don't think it's right to get someone's test cancelled and ruin a year of their life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭lovelabel

Fair enough if someone has cheated in their exams and does better than me come august I'll be truly gutted but at least If I get college offers I'll feel that I'll have earned them rather than robbed a deserving person of their place ....

thats just me though I guess

Totally agree, exactly my view aswell. No time or respect for cheaters

While I agree, many who do the Leaving Cert do not go on to college but just need it to fill in their CV?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I'm not cheating, I just don't think it's right to get someone's test cancelled and ruin a year of their life.
    Their rules, not yours. It's easy to follow them, and if you don't like them, don't do the exams. Simple as.

While I agree, many who do the Leaving Cert do not go on to college but just need it to fill in their CV?

Still no excuse to cheat and get someone elses grade possibly

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

his job is to report it. he didnt get the exam cancelled, the cheater did. he didnt even report it, he just stopped the person from cheating.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Framble

I was a supervisor in TY and I brought this guy to the bathroom and when he came out as a joke I said "Were you cheating?" and he was like "Oh my god how did you know?" And I was like "what?" and he was like "what?"... he was a bad cheater. And it was for religion!

Yeah But technically you shouldnt deserve to put it on your CV because it's not through your own hard work you achieved it .
    Why not put down *cheated on Leaving cert and got away with it* I wonder will you still be appealing to employ rather than the 14% of the country who are unemployed and didnt cheat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

polka dot wrote: »
    This isn't in my school but my best friend is attending in another school and told me.

Honours maths, paper 1, last Friday.

This girl ran in literally at the last minute because she got stuck in traffic (tractors guys, they're everywhere) kept her phone (off) in her pocket and sat down to do the exam. 20 minutes in, the supervisor spots the phone-shape in her pocket and immediately cancels the exam. Didn't matter that it was off, nothing. So yep, pretty damn observant!

The girl got an apology from the supervisor at the end and was told that the exam still had to stay cancelled.

I'd flip! :-o

IMO it cant be justified and the cheater should not be allowed to get away with it and dishonestly receive a good result because they broke the rules whereas another student who puts in the work may be deprived as a result

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I just don't think it's right to get someone's test cancelled and ruin a year of their life.

It is completely fair if the person is cheating. The consequences are made very clear if you are caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Fbjm

Our examiner says a ten minute prayer before every exam, making us late! He hadn't a notion where he is either half the time...

Yeah But technically you shouldnt deserve to put it on your CV because it's not through your own hard work you achieved it .
    Why not put down *cheated on Leaving cert and got away with it* I wonder will you still be appealing to employ rather than the 14% of the country who are unemployed and didnt cheat?

But many employers see the Leaving Cert as the bare minimum when it might not even apply to the job the person is applying for? Yet that's one of the main deciding factors. Even if someone is say, not mathematically smart, they should be judged on this when it won't apply?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭mpdg

Fbjm wrote: »
    Our examiner says a ten minute prayer before every exam, making us late! He hadn't a notion where he is either half the time...
    That's ridiculous. Have you complained to your principal? If I were in your exam hall before one of the time-pressed exams, I wouldn't have been happy.

mpdg wrote: »
    That's ridiculous. Have you complained to your principal? If I were in your exam hall before one of the time-pressed exams, I wouldn't have been happy.

Thoroughly agree there.

But many employers see the Leaving Cert as the bare minimum when it might not even apply to the job the person is applying for? Yet that's one of the main deciding factors. Even if someone is say, not mathematically smart, they should be judged on this when it won't apply?

I'm Mathematically challenged and It wont apply really to the job I want but still It shows alot to have the leaving cert
    hard work
    endurance and strengths

not to mention If you get done for cheating imagine the shame ,
    No one in my Family would hire you if you were done for cheating in the leaving ,Why? because it shows your character
    It shows your sly and dishonest and un trustworthy
    and no employer in the right mind would chose that over someone honest and unemployed with a family to feed

• Advertisement

I'm Mathematically challenged and It wont apply really to the job I want but still It shows alot to have the leaving cert
    hard work
    endurance and strengths

not to mention If you get done for cheating imagine the shame ,
    No one in my Family would hire you if you were done for cheating in the leaving ,Why? because it shows your character
    It shows your sly and dishonest and un trustworthy
    and no employer in the right mind would chose that over someone honest and unemployed with a family to feed

that's all very true. also shows you're determined to succeed haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

HE'S DOING THIS FOR YOUR OWN BENEFIT, DON'T YOU DARE REPORT HIM. God why are we as a group such an ungrateful bunch of people?!

If he gave them all foot massages it'd be nice of him too but come on! They just want their full exam time! :-P

Edit: On second thoughts, reporting him to the principal could be a bit unnecessary, but someone should ask him for extra time at the end! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭BillabongMad

My room is perfect for cheating, I'm up the front and there's spots where the examiner couldn't see without looking. HOWEVER, I couldn't be arsed writing out small notes and putting them up there before the exam starts and then spend the time worrying about getting caught. I'd back out too, aha I'm too much of a chicken to do it.
    Also the whole looking around and stuff is what I do D: I can't write if someone is within a 1 meter radius of me, I just get paranoid and can't think. :']

Remember this folks, if you puke on your exam paper you automatically get a C2 or so I was told. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Griffen262

*Awaits to see this thread content in national newspapers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Yes, but that person cheating could cost a person a spot on a course they genuinely would love to do. I don't think it's right to cheat and take a spot from a person who deserves it.
    HE'S DOING THIS FOR YOUR OWN BENEFIT, DON'T YOU DARE REPORT HIM. God why are we as a group such an ungrateful bunch of people?!

Having the 10 minutes hes taking up with prayers available is a lot more beneficial than a quick word with god.

Yes, but that person cheating could cost a person a spot on a course they genuinely would love to do. I don't think it's right to cheat and take a spot from a person who deserves it.

Already answered above, please read the whole thread...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Remember this folks, if you puke on your exam paper you automatically get a C2 or so I was told. :pac:
    Should have done Higher Level Maths after all...

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Should have done Higher Level Maths after all...

Higher everything! :)

that's all very true. also shows you're determined to succeed haha
    No!,
    It shows you'll do anything to get what you want there's a difference
    one is admirable the other means you'll steal from someone and not give a damn eg (college places)

• Advertisement

No!,
    It shows you'll do anything to get what you want there's a difference
    one is admirable the other means you'll steal from someone and not give a damn eg (college places)

Yes I know, I was kidding, hence the "haha".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement