Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In the Noclight: konata

Options
  • 12-06-2011 8:42pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭

And in the Noclight this week, it's the anime-niac with the onion fetish, konata!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

So like, what do you do?

Do you really have a fetish for those disgusting things called onions?

World is facing impending doom, pick your team of five to save it (anyone you want, real or fictional)!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Why did you change your name again?

Favourite Anime series?

Favourite TMNT and why?

Favourite Disney movie?

• Moderators Posts: 51,724 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

if you were to pick an anime character that you think would represent you, what character would you choose and why?

what was the anime that got interested in the genre?

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

What's your favourite Studio Ghibli film?

What's your favourite film of all time?

If you had to be any Disney princess which one would you be and why?

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

What is it about ONIONs that you find so sexy?

• Advertisement

OH, I get it now, never mind my question about Onions. Damn you Randy! :D

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

You still have to answer mine Konata :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Cheers for the eh, lovely... intro Randy :P

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    So like, what do you do? What do I do? What DO I do? That is a good question :P Well, atm I don't really do anything >_< I dropped out of college (for the 2nd time, AW YEA) last November and I'm currently waiting to start a new course in September.

Do you really have a fetish for those disgusting things called onions? No. No I do not. In fact, I don't even really like onions. Red onions are okay, normal ones are a bit manky. I especially hate things called onion or anything to do with onions...

World is facing impending doom, pick your team of five to save it (anyone you want, real or fictional)! Oh I'm totally gonna pick the best team EVER :D

1. Sailor Saturn cause she can like, just blow up the planet if we fail at saving it
    2. Mijumaru (Oshawott) cause he's SO KAWAII!
    3. Fuko Ibuki cause she's SO KAWAII!
    4. Konata Izumi cause she's just plain awesome and I'm sure her extensive knowledge of gaming would help her come up with a plan to save the world
    5. C.C. from Code Geass cause she's immortal yo

On second thoughts, 2 and 3 might be a bit useless >_> But everyone needs cute people/pokemon right? :P
    Fewcifur wrote: »
    Why did you change your name again? Well, I saw this awesome anime called Lucky Star last October and fell madly in love with one of the main characters, Konata Izumi. She's just so awesome :D I wanted to BE her... and so I changed my boards name - as close as I'm gonna get really ;_;

Favourite Anime series? I can never pick a favourite :/ My favourites though are Lucky Star, Clannad, Code Geass, Evangelion and Sailor Moon.

Favourite TMNT and why? Eh.... I'm going to say Raphael cause he's the only one whose name I can remember right now :P

Favourite Disney movie? The Little Mermaid - I haven't seen it in years but I always loved Ariel as a kid. Mulan is awesome too.
    koth wrote: »
    if you were to pick an anime character that you think would represent you, what character would you choose and why? Hmmm, that's kind of a hard question cause I always see elements of myself in various characters but none are completely like me... I'm gonna go with Miyuki in Lucky Star. She comes across as a complete dope and is super clumsy but she's actually pretty smart.

I used to compare myself to Hotaru from Sailor Moon a lot - she was very isolated, sad and socially awkward but I'm not so much like that anymore :)

what was the anime that got interested in the genre? Dragonball Z! I used to watch it on Cartoon Network with my brother and cousin when we were kids. CN used to have these "Saga Sundays" where they'd show a whole saga of DBZ in a day - they were big events in our house :P After that I found Sailor Moon on Fox Kids and once I discovered the internet, that was that :D

izumi-konata.jpg

What's your favourite Studio Ghibli film? Princess Mononoke. I'm not sure why exactly, I just really love that one. Laputa: Castle in the Sky is a close second.

What's your favourite film of all time? I don't really know :( I've never been able to answer that question! In terms of re-watching, I'd say Evangelion 1.0 or 2.0 as I've watched both those films about 50 times since release. I'm a sucker for romantic comedies and You've Got Mail and Notting Hill are 2 of my favourites.

If you had to be any Disney princess which one would you be and why? Ariel :D I was obsessed with her as a kid! I love her hair and she seems so elegant as a mermaid... <3 Ariel
    D4RK ONION wrote: »
    What is it about ONIONs that you find so sexy? See, onions are probably the least sexy vegetable there is. They're all slimy, smell funny and make me cry. I wouldn't say I find them sexy at ALL tbh.... >_>

lol jk ONIONs are da hottest! >_<

1.The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters.

Interesting...

What were the two courses that weren't to your taste and what course are you doing next September? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭spoonbadger

Which end do you eat first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

How much shame would you feel if the regulars of this fine forum discovered that you were soliciting questions from non-regulars on an unrelated IRC channel?
    Answer on a scale from 1 to 10, answers must be rational numbers.

Are you able to sleep soundly at night with yourself after the aforementioned solicitation?

Are we going to be best buddies when you start your new course in September, or will you pretend not to recognise me when you're out with your cool, new friends?

What are the three things you hate most about Anime?
    What are the three things you hate most about Japan?

What are the three things you love most about Pygmalion?

If you had to choose between a future in which the laws of the Old Testament are followed to the letter, and one in which Justin Bieber is recognised as a god, which would you choose?

Interesting...

What were the two courses that weren't to your taste and what course are you doing next September? :)I started Biomedical, Health & Life Sciences in UCD in September 2008. I got really ill in 2nd year though and decided to take a leave of absence in March 2010. I soon decided I hated the course, hated UCD and wanted to drop out. I started General Science in Trinity in September 2010 and lasted about 6 weeks >_> In hindsight I had returned to college too soon as I wasn't fully better and couldn't handle it. I also realised that I hated Science and was only doing it cause I didn't know what I actually liked and always felt the pressure to do something amazing like find a cure for cancer or somewhat.

So next September I'm going to be studying Japanese and Irish in DCU and I CAN'T WAIT! :D After years of putting myself under stupid pressure to get amazing results in subjects I hated, I'm finally doing something I actually want to do. Yay!
    Which end do you eat first. The fat end! Otherwise the chocolate falls out the bottom :D

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTM40WKLoxonfUMq8RmlZ0dFZd2t6Po3G_zuxvLpE_uYVMysr5O&t=1

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Have you ever been to Japan?

What other countries have you visited?

For people like me who know arse all about anime or manga - what is so fantastic about it? (I'm genuinely curious, as I have several friends who are into it!)

What famous people do you share your birthday with?

Of the famous people that you share your birthday with, which one is the most like you?

Have you ever dyed your hair any interesting colours? (I think of you as having blue hair!)

If you suddenly received €10,000 tax-free, what would you use it for?

Pygmalion wrote: »
    How much shame would you feel if the regulars of this fine forum discovered that you were soliciting questions from non-regulars on an unrelated IRC channel?
    Answer on a scale from 1 to 10, answers must be rational numbers. I know not what you speak of. In fact, I don't even know who you are.

>_>

Are you able to sleep soundly at night with yourself after the aforementioned solicitation? Yes. Yes, I can.

Are we going to be best buddies when you start your new course in September, or will you pretend not to recognise me when you're out with your cool, new friends? OMG WE'RE TOTES GONNA BE BEST FRIENDS 4EVA BBZ XOXOXOXOXO

What are the three things you hate most about Anime?
    Hmmm, good question.

1. The way there's so much ****e made these days - mainly based around breasts or something sex related. For example, here's a synopsis of a show this season:
    "In the medieval fantasy world of Alfheimr, succubus princess Astarotte Ygvar, the first princess of the kingdom of Ygvar, has just reached the age of 10. For the coming years of a young succubus' life, it is necessary for them to have a male harem. In order to maintain their body and preserve their beautiful appearance, they must consume a substance only found on males. This substance is a liquid called Sauzfryma, better known as semen. The princess, however, bears a great dislike against men, and only agrees to create a harem if a human male is to join." and another upcoming anime: "It is currently the Taiheimeji Era. It is a reign ruled by the Tokugawa shogunate. Inside this shogunate, there is a group of warriors that support the government. They are the Manyuu Clan.In this current era, breasts mean everything. If you have breasts, you are guaranteed wealth and popularity. If you lack them, you are rarely considered “human”. Members of the Manyuu Clan help raise the future big breasts. Written on a secret scroll possessed by the clan, there is said to be various techniques on how to grow big and beautiful breasts."

2. Naruto. 'Nuff said.

3. The way people in the community can be so bloody snobby. "Oh, you haven't seen the exclusive [insert obscure title here] OVA with extra [obscure animation] and director's rewriting? God, you aren't a TRUE anime fan so". Hate that crap.

What are the three things you hate most about Japan?
    Well I haven't been there yet so it's hard to say what I hate about it but eh... 1. The cost of flights to get there :(:( 2. The earthquakes, tsunamis, typhoons... me no likey that stuff >_< 3. How is not closer to Ireland! :P

1.PACbot
    2.PACbot2
    3.PACbot3

:D

If you had to choose between a future in which the laws of the Old Testament are followed to the letter, and one in which Justin Bieber is recognised as a god, which would you choose? Justin Bieber as God - I'd just not believe in him!

XWZEIiyz4oaav92xlbuG6ctfo1_500.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    What is it about ONIONs that you find so sexy?
    I've always wondered that myself ... >_>
    OH, I get it now, never mind my question about Onions. Damn you Randy! :D
    :pac:

Sloooooowwwww .... :p
    :D:D

Fishie wrote: »
    Have you ever been to Japan? Nope :( I was planning on going this Summer but it turned out to be far too expensive with my current meagre income. The third year of my college course is spent in Japan though so I'm looking forward to that!

What other countries have you visited? United Kingdom (x zillions), Canada, Holland (x2), Belgium (x3), Germany (x2), France, Austria, Czech Republic, Poland, Hungary :)

For people like me who know arse all about anime or manga - what is so fantastic about it? (I'm genuinely curious, as I have several friends who are into it!) I think the fact that it's so diverse is what appeals to me the most. I see anime as a medium rather than a genre - there are many, many genres within the medium of anime/manga. There's plenty of series out there I don't like, and plenty I love. Anime is a unique story telling method and can evoke multiple emotions in the viewer. I also love anime/manga for the insight they give into a different culture e.g. most school based animes show us what school life is like in Japan, while others will include visits to temples or traditional festivals with fireworks, gold fish scooping and yukatas!

What famous people do you share your birthday with? I had to google this one: Michael Schumacher, Mel Gibson, J.R.R. Tolkien, John Paul Jones and a few others I've never heard of!

Of the famous people that you share your birthday with, which one is the most like you? I have no idea :P I'll say Michael Schumacher cause I love driving too :D

Have you ever dyed your hair any interesting colours? (I think of you as having blue hair!) Not really :( I had never dyed my hair before last year. Since then I've had it various shades of red. No blue unfortunately!

If you suddenly received €10,000 tax-free, what would you use it for? I'd buy a car. I use my Mum's one when I'm at home but I'd love to not have to ever use Dublin Bus again :P With any leftover money I'd buy anime DVDs and manga :D

fuko-over-9000.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Are you able to sleep soundly at night with yourself after the aforementioned solicitation? Yes. Yes, I can.

Follow-up question.
    Are you able to sleep soundly at night with D4RK_ONION?
    I imagine him to be quite a restless sleeper, perhaps even a kicker.
    Are we going to be best buddies when you start your new course in September, or will you pretend not to recognise me when you're out with your cool, new friends? OMG WE'RE TOTES GONNA BE BEST FRIENDS 4EVA BBZ XOXOXOXOXO

OMG THAT IS LIKE, THE-BEST-DOT-COM!

On a related note, do you believe that the over-use of the suffix ".com" in every day speech (as in the above exclamation) is an acceptable part of modern language, or do you think that people should strive to use more appropriate TLDs to describe their feelings?
    i.e. THAT WAR DOCUMENTARY WAS TOTALLY THE-BEST-DOT-MIL; THAT VISIT TO THE HOUSE OF COMMONS WAS TOTALLY THE-BEST-DOT-GOV-DOT-UK
    1.PACbot
    2.PACbot 2
    3.PACbot 3

Does PACbot 3, a proof-of-concept and learning exercise that was never completed or publically deployed, really deserve a place over the now-common PACbot4?

Do you feel that the recent re-release and re-branding of PACbot2 to appeal to more mainstream critics was an irresponsible choice of the series' author, or just a necessary evil in an attempt to stay competitive in a somewhat tough market to break into?
    If you had to choose between a future in which the laws of the Old Testament are followed to the letter, and one in which Justin Bieber is recognised as a god, which would you choose? Justin Bieber as God - I'd just not believe in him!

Several of the surviving texts of Justin Bieber indicate that He knows you love Him, and He knows you care, and that if you shout whenever, then He'll be there.
    Theologians also suggest that you want His love and you want His heart, and that try as you might to deny him, you will never ever ever be apart.

How do you respond to these allegations?

Follow-up question.
    Are you able to sleep soundly at night with D4RK_ONION?
    I imagine him to be quite a restless sleeper, perhaps even a kicker. No kicking but he does talk a lot in his sleep. Many a time I've had a brief conversation with him in the dead of night, where he rambles shíte and I go WHAT? and he has no knowledge of it in the morning. He did attempt to climb on top of me one night while he was asleep - I shoved him off and he remained asleep :P

OMG THAT IS LIKE, THE-BEST-DOT-COM!

On a related note, do you believe that the over-use of the suffix ".com" in every day speech (as in the above exclamation) is an acceptable part of modern language, or do you think that people should strive to use more appropriate TLDs to describe their feelings?
    i.e. THAT WAR DOCUMENTARY WAS TOTALLY THE-BEST-DOT-MIL; THAT VISIT TO THE HOUSE OF COMMONS WAS TOTALLY THE-BEST-DOT-GOV-DOT-UK

I feel that the use of other TLDs would only serve to confuse the already tiny brains of any individual who uses DOT COM in a sentence in a non-sarcastic manner.

Does PACbot 3, a proof-of-concept and learning exercise that was never completed or publically deployed, really deserve a place over the now-common PACbot4? Yes. I'm all for the underdog - and PACbot3 is an underdog if there ever was one!

Do you feel that the recent re-release and re-branding of PACbot2 to appeal to more mainstream critics was an irresponsible choice of the series' author, or just a necessary evil in an attempt to stay competitive in a somewhat tough market to break into? Yes.

Several of the surviving texts of Justin Bieber indicate that He knows you love Him, and He knows you care, and that if you shout whenever, then He'll be there.
    Theologians also suggest that you want His love and you want His heart, and that try as you might to deny him, you will never ever ever be apart.

How do you respond to these allegations?

29200347.png

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Konata wrote: »
    29200347.png
    I'm now thinking of another word of Japanese origin ... >_>

Why vegetarian?

Do you ever miss tucking into a juicy steak? :p

• Advertisement

Why vegetarian? Not veggie anymore! Gave up there at Easter.

Do you ever miss tucking into a juicy steak? :pI never really liked steak...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

List in order your favourite "Magical Girls" in Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica?

What was your first impression of me when we first met? >.<

What has been the best con you have attended?

How did you and D4RK first meet?

Fergus_ wrote: »
    List in order your favourite "Magical Girls" in Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica?

1. Kyoko
    2. Homura
    3. Madoka
    4. Mami
    5. Sayaka

I don't hate Sayaka but if I'm forced to put them in order, this has gotta be it! Oh, did you know that Kyoko's VA also does Fuko's voice in Clannad? Now for ya.

What was your first impression of me when we first met? >.< That you were SO KAWAII :p Ah no, I thought you were younger than you are and that you looked a bit terrified. I couldn't tell if you were in awe of DooM and Onion or if you were cowering in fear ;)

What has been the best con you have attended? The one where I met you! =p Eirtakon fo realz.

How did you and D4RK first meet? Well, you see there's this wee forum called Clearasil & Hormones here on boards.ie where both of us used to hang out a lot. D4RK set up an IRC channel for the forum users round April 2010 and we got chatting in there. D4RK ignored me entirely until he found out I was actually 20 and not 17 like he thought :P Then he was all over me ;) We met up in May 2010 and have been together since awwwwwwwww =)

Nutbladder_Puella_Magi_Madoka_Magica_-_05_01F03E93.mkv_snapshot_20.51_2011.03.01_23.40.17.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I always look terrified in a group of people >.<

• Moderators Posts: 51,724 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Hi again, animod :P

What is the difference between anime and manga? When I was a young fella I was into manga, had videos of Akira, the Guyver series, Cyber City and Battle Angel Alita to name a few. It was all distributed through Manga UK, so is manga referring to the distributor or is it something else, and then what is anime?

what sort of music do you listen to?

last gig you went to?

If you can read this, you're too close!

koth wrote: »
    Hi again, animod :P HAI!

What is the difference between anime and manga? When I was a young fella I was into manga, had videos of Akira, the Guyver series, Cyber City and Battle Angel Alita to name a few. It was all distributed through Manga UK, so is manga referring to the distributor or is it something else, and then what is anime? Manga are Japanese comic books. Anime is Japanese animation. Now, what confuses people is the fact that a company that distributes anime DVDs, decided to call itself Manga. Yea, smart right? :P

Most anime series come from manga. Manga artists are called mangaka and they're usually the ones who create the story - anime producers will then buy the rights to a story and turn it into an anime. Less often, original animes are produced and spin off mangas then made.

Here's an example of a page of manga:

gyakutenkenji_manga.jpg

what sort of music do you listen to? Lots of different stuff - my tastes vary. Right now I'm very into artists such as Bright Eyes and Elliott Smith but I also like older, classic rock, indie music and the odd pop song :P Arcade Fire, The National and Frank Turner are some of my other favourite artists.

I also love anime songs but we won't get into that :P

last gig you went to? Interpol last November. I've been to a few smaller gigs in pubs and stuff since - I love that kinda stuff :)

<3

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Why did you leave out the, OMG, sooo important detail that I was there when you first met that ONIONy fella? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Can you draw anime or manga (i might be saying it wrong, I know very little about it).

And if you can, have you ever drawn anyone famous?

Why did you leave out the, OMG, sooo important detail that I was there when you first met that ONIONy fella? :pac: You came ALLLLL the way to this thread to ask me THAT? :P

Well lads, there was this odd fella there when I first met D4RK ONION. He claimed to be the king of insects or something, I dunno, he was a bit weird. He followed us around all day with this other yoke called Aoibheann and wouldn't leave us alone :confused: Sat beside us in the cinema and everything. Kept trying to feel poor ONION up.

Bit weird altogether :P

5674747b498d10_full.jpg

• Advertisement

Kojak wrote: »
    Can you draw anime or manga (i might be saying it wrong, I know very little about it). Nope! I am horrendously unartistic ;_;

And if you can, have you ever drawn anyone famous?

MOE MOE KYUN~

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement