Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de Kilkenny 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    el tonto wrote: »
    I demand that Sr. Assumpta stand out of the sunroof in the lead car in full nun's regalia and then drop the flag once the ring road has been negotiated.

Make it a milk float.

Or she could Chase the peloton with branches and try to flog them

Who amongst us doesn't want to be flogged by a Nun? It's the whole reason I wear Lycra.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Blazing Bikers

What distance are you looking at for this? I'm assuming there would be some practice runs involved?

I would volunteer, but I won't able to take part in the event myself! However I can ask the others if they'd be up for it.

Thanks for the Reply, he was hoping to do the 160km, but if that was not possible I'd say he would be happy to do the 110km. He's a very strong stoker, just none of his usual pilots are free that weekend. He would be up for any practice runs only problem is he is located in Thurles....

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭godihatedehills

I'll bring the pop-tarts if you wear your blue jumper........

I think this one calls for jumpercake.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Daithi BC

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Make it a milk float.

Or she could Chase the peloton with branches and try to flog them

I really hope I'm not working that day and can make it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Sr. Assumpta

@daragh...... flogging is more penitential without lycra (unless it's faux-leather-look)

@GIHDH.......I'll speak to Eoin McLove; worse case scenario, we'll rustle up some shed-cake ;-)

@DBC........ don't fret if you don't make it, you aren't far away, for a small fee (money will rest in my account) we can speak to our sponsors, Avonmore, about taking the flogging milk float on the road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭xz

Right, after doing the surprisingly flat Tour of Meath today, roll on next weekend, for the leg and lung test

Getting excited now!!!!

Today we sprayed road markings on the routes, messy job & it took feckin ages, I now look like Banksy latest project, & Eoin McLove's Milk Float looks like the victim of a drunken episode of 'Pimp My Ride'. I was almost mowed down several times, Sunday drivers seemed to find my behaviour (bent over, ass in air, in the middle of dangerous junctions, spraying graffiti.....) infuriating; tractor-drivers are more relaxed, too relaxed to actually stop, ....., stop?,.... STOP!!!

Since we are 'Marble City Cyclers' the Tour de Kilkenny routes are marked with 'MCC' IN YELLOW (< fortunately the roads aren't white), if anyone manages, through some absurd level of idiocy (mine), to get lost I will pay for their laser eye surgery* (after I beat them with an empty can of spray paint)

My hands now look as though I smoke unfiltered yellow Crayolas.
    xz wrote: »
    Right, after doing the surprisingly flat Tour of Meath today, roll on next weekend, for the leg and lung test

Mwwhaar Mwhaarrr Mwaahar [evil chortle] (.....mwhar...)

*this is a lie

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I'm supposed to be doing signage tomorrow but I'm quite drunk now and it's early so apologies in advance if some of you end up in New Ross (I think this happened last year to someone).

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭jimzy

Really looking forward to this next week! Going to give the 160km a shot, will be my first sportive, and my first distance over 120km so should be a laugh / challenge / painful !

I've had 2 punctures now over the past 2 weeks on the bike, so I'm glad I've got those out of the way beforehand, couldn't possibly get another next week! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Toblerone1978

My hands now look as though I smoke unfiltered yellow Crayolas.

I knew there was something else I meant to say to you at our meeting on Wed - "when marking the roads, wear gloves, the paint can take an age to get off".

Aint' it great that someone has gone before you to make all the mistakes so you don't have to......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭ashleey

Just to let you know that your hard work was not in vain and the markings are still there. I must have missed the defibrillator signs at Woodstock though

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭aquanaut

is the rugby club just before Le Harte's if your coming from Waterford?

aquanaut wrote: »
    is the rugby club just before Le Harte's if your coming from Waterford?

That's the one.

Folks

Barretstown are going to have a mobile phone recycling bin on site from Friday evening. If anyone has an old mobile they’re not using, they might consider bringing it with them to donate to this excellent charity. And help the environment too!

Anyone who wish to make additional donation to Barretstown on the day can do so at sign-on :)

I hope you are all carbo-loading (yes, beer is a carb; wine, hmmmmmm, yeah, ok, it too)?!

Having spent today shopping for the hoards I hung around to help with the start of "evening-before" sign-on, WOW! More people than I expected, and still an hour to go! We've had nearly twice as many pre-registering online this year..... it's gonna be a biggie...

See you all tomorrow! Come early to be sure of getting a Goodie Bag :)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

At least you're not still in work. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I hope you are all carbo-loading

I'm eating the bag of chipsticks and the moro bar from the goody bag at the moment :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Between online registration and what's signed in this evening, we're up to 350, expecting over 500. If you want you're special souvenir you'll need to sign early as we've only 450 (online are guaranteed).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭xz

Bike cleaned, chain replaced, and all set for tomorrow, off to bed in about an hour for a 5am rise, really looking forward to it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

Packed and ready to go. Looking forward to it.

• Advertisement

unionman wrote: »
    Packed and ready to go. Looking forward to it.

Better luck this year.

Gonna be there to sign on at 8 - already eaten my malt loaf though :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

I'm going to try my best to get down for this one.
    Bike washed??...no.
    Packed and ready??...no.
    Feeling I'll get around in one piece??...no.

Can I sign on and just drive straight to the food stop:confused::D

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭MichealD

Looking forward to it. Great event. Struggled around last year and have only half the miles done this year so expecting a sufferfest!

What's the souvenir?!!

BTW Wexford Wheelers have their Tour of Wexford on Sunday morning if anyone fancies joining me on a recovery ride.

MichealD wrote: »
    Looking forward to it. Great event. Struggled around last year and have only half the miles done this year so expecting a sufferfest!

What's the souvenir?!!

It's one of those "5 in a row" t-shirts they cant get rid of :D

aquanaut wrote: »
    It's one of those "5 in a row" t-shirts they cant get rid of :D

As a Wexford man that t shirt would be very popular at home!

Would go well with the official Wexford GAA "we wuz robbed" t shirt range.

MichealD wrote: »
    What's the souvenir?!!

You'll have to sign in early to find out.

Couple of things to remind people, if you're coming via the motorway, it's junction 9, head towards Kilkenny and it's about 5 minutes on the left hand side (this section of motorway wasn't open last year).

Also for car parking, there's a retail park close to the rugby club (Woodies), I'd recommend parking there as around the rugby club is going to be a mess. There's lots of car parking there. If you're coming from the motorway, turn right at the first roundabout you come to beside the car dealerships and follow that road until you come to the retail park. If you're coming from the city just look for Woodies on the ring road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

Better luck this year.

You too!

• Advertisement

unionman wrote: »
    You too!

I'm working :mad::(:mad::(:mad::(:mad::(:mad::(:mad::(:mad:

Advertisement