Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Egyptian man to fight a lion in direct combat

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

ScumLord wrote: »
    Rear naked choke, the difference between a human choke and the lions killing choke is the humans will act almost instantly as we target the arteries carrying blood to the brain instead of suffocating the animal by blocking it's air.

If you can scare the lion it should also be counted as a victory because that's how most fights are won and lost in the wild.

I think you should fight the lion given you seem to already know how to defeat one in a fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Agricola wrote: »
    Just reading that the average male African lion weighs in at 400 - 430 lbs. Captive animals are usually in excess of 500 lbs.
    That's fat!
    --Kaiser-- wrote: »
    A man wearing armour and with a spear/sword would have some (small) chance.
    No way, armour would slow him down make him a sitting target.
    I think you should fight the lion given you seem to already know how to defeat one in a fight.
    If I had a year to train then I might have the physical knowledge required to win the fight.. I shall now begin the necessary montage that will prepare me for Lion fighting... Now where did I put that headband? I can't start the montage without putting on a headband.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Swift boot to the balls.

Lion 0 - 1 Man.

Realistically, the guy will die, and be eaten by the Lion. Unless of course he feeds the lion first, in which case it will probably only be interested in defending itself rather than eating him.

Either way, I hop he dies to remove his absolute stupidity from the gene pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭dagdha

It's a tough call on who would win but I'd put my money on the lion especially if it was a badass lion like this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSp4jwkppNCpUy_hAfIDOrPN-DkDFBXlRHiHGqUlQJzKSPkMQ2KKw

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    A man wearing armour and with a spear/sword would have some (small) chance.

An unarmed, unarmoured man would have practically zero chance unless the lion was sick, intoxicated or had no legs

then it really would be lion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

Whos gona be his sparring partner........ Chuck Norris?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

It's obvious this guy is lion through his teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

ScumLord wrote: »
    That's fat!

No way, armour would slow him down make him a sitting target.

If I had a year to train then I might have the physical knowledge required to win the fight.. I shall now begin the necessary montage that will prepare me for Lion fighting... Now where did I put that headband? I can't start the montage without putting on a headband.

Don't forget your music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgSMxY6asoE

Kinda reminded if the swordsman from Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Like that encounter, I wager it will be quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,320 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,677 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Daroxtar wrote: »
    This article is a FAKE and is not from BBC. This article was posted to TURF and since then, this link has spread and the forum is drowning in the extra bandwidth. I suggest you read this for the message by the original author of this article and purchase one of the T-Shirts to thank him for this article. I added the Google Ads to support the extra hits chewing up the bandwidth. Please do NOT click on them if you are not interested in their products.
    aww :(

Overheal wrote: »
    This article is a FAKE and is not from BBC. This article was posted to TURF and since then, this link has spread and the forum is drowning in the extra bandwidth. I suggest you read this for the message by the original author of this article and purchase one of the T-Shirts to thank him for this article. I added the Google Ads to support the extra hits chewing up the bandwidth. Please do NOT click on them if you are not interested in their products.
    aww :(
    Ssshhhh!!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭blogga

I despaired of this thread when I saw a Gummy Panda urging on the fight between a lion and a man who eats rivets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 nocomment

I would rather fight a female lion. Male lion holy **** no way. Male lion will stand looking at you for 30 seconds making sure your not a elephant or a rhino. When they are happy they can win they grab and kill you. Then they may or may not eat you. No a human can't fight a lion unless you put poison all over your body. Then it would be a draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

I hope he gets ripped to pieces,animal hatin pirck

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

I see huge potential in this venture ..... movies, stage shows, the lot (obviously with a different cast).

Now, off to Capitol Records to do a licencing deal on the theme music, the lyrics seem appropriate:

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Shtanto

Lets see here. Search thread... "Paddy Power". Nope, no results. Try again. "Betting". Nothing there either. Fair play to him. 7 to 4 on favourite for the lion I'd say, until we see the man and his fighting form. But methinks he might need a bit of PR. Of course this being a male lion, everyone will go to see the mane attraction :p

(Puns like that mean all bets are off!)

Shtanto wrote: »
    Lets see here. Search thread... "Paddy Power". Nope, no results. Try again. "Betting". Nothing there either. Fair play to him. 7 to 4 on favourite for the lion I'd say, until we see the man and his fighting form. But methinks he might need a bit of PR. Of course this being a male lion, everyone will go to see the mane attraction :p

(Puns like that mean all bets are off!)

This is him. Hardy Buck alright

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

So is this still happening??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Conor108 wrote: »
    So is this still happening??

After having had some time to paws and reflect about it, I heard he decided against it... ;):D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭round tower huntsman

as long as its a fair fight and the lion isnt hindered in any way i've no problem with it. may the best man/beast win.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Remind me of the Ricky Gervais podcast where they were discussing an event where a group of midgets were made fight a lion. The midgets lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Show Time

I am thinking about taking up prayer again if this fight goes ahead.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

some lad 'Egyptian strongman Sayed Essawy' is fighting a lion today, in a few minutes. He only has a shield, I have read they are starving it to weaken it. :S
    Pretty sad. Does he even have a chance with it weakened?

http://www.time.com/time/video/player/0,32068,1011907422001_2079262,00.html

lol when it pisses on him at 1:50

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭clonadlad

Anywhere to watch this epic duel?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Unless he kicks the lion in the nuts, this is gonna end badly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Lion must be an AH regular if his solution to all this is to .. blast the guy with piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Tomorrows Headlines:

Idiot man gets ripped to shreds by lion.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Full.Duck

snyper wrote: »
    Unless he kicks the lion in the nuts, this is gonna end badly

Its a female, so yeah gonna end quite badly me thinks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Full.Duck wrote: »
    Its a female, so yeah gonna end quite badly me thinks

A female lion is called a lioness

Advertisement