Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dave's One Night Stand - Dublin & Wexford

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Who played Wexford?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Lloyd Langford, Stewart Francis and Tommy Tiernan.

I really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭Basq

That's not a bad line-up..

Tommy Tiernan obviously a shadow of his former glory. Not a fan of Stewart Francis but Lloyd Langford is a very funny comedian.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

patjackman wrote: »
    In fairness, it did say in the small print on the entrance is not guaranteed, at that one should arrive early. I was fortunate as I work in the Opera House and one of the staff with spare tickets spotted me in the crowd. But I was at the back of the crowd that finished more than half way up the top of Rowe Street and the ticket distributors were just telling the crowd at the front of the Opera House that there were no more tickets left as I passed by, this was at twenty past six. In fairness, the terms could have been a hell of a lot clearer on the ticket. And, yes, I heard that 2000 tickets were offered for 850 places too. Bit extreme if they wanted to guarantee all the seats being filled. Furthermore, the Dave staff decided to open the door, without Opera House staff being present, at five, a full hour and a quarter before the stated time. People were inside getting drinks apparently without any floor staff there to ensure everyones safety!
    'in fairness' why didnt they just say the first 800 people who arrive at the Opera house can get in?
    If that was what it meant then i wouldnt have wasted to my time and my friends time and petrol. 'Early' to me means before the doors open, I was there at 6.10pm and the doors opened at 6.15pm. From what I can gather, it seems that if you didnt know someone who worked there or know someone who has inside info dont bother going cause you wont get in.

It's not good PR or marketing for the Opera Hse either, I've never been in the Opera Hse before and this is my first experience going to this place. Is this a common thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 patjackman

'in fairness' why didnt they just say the first 800 people who arrive at the Opera house can get in?
    If that was what it meant then i wouldnt have wasted to my time and my friends time and petrol. 'Early' to me means before the doors open, I was there at 6.10pm and the doors opened at 6.15pm. From what I can gather, it seems that if you didnt know someone who worked there or know someone who has inside info dont bother going cause you wont get in.

It's not good PR or marketing for the Opera Hse either, I've never been in the Opera Hse before and this is my first experience going to this place. Is this a common thing?

Don't get me wrong, I totally agree with you, it was very far from an ideal setup. At worst they could have made the conditions far clearer in the email and on the ticket. And I would say that knowing someone would've been no help whatsoever, the vast majority of people got in by queueing, I was just exceptionally lucky.

The Opera House had absolutely nothing to do with how the tickets were distributed, that was all down to Dave. I'm not hired directly by the Opera House but I do have to say that normally they are quite good at looking after this sort of thing. Just sayin! ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement