Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dave's One Night Stand - Dublin & Wexford

Options
  • 06-06-2011 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭

Another FREE night out for ya all, this time in Wexford as well as Dublin

No details of exact dates yet but they are taking registrations for tickets

http://www.applausestore.com/applausestore-tv-shows.php (just scroll down a bit)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Was going to sign up but am careful when it comes to volunteering personal information so noticed that the site doesn't bother encrypting the page that asks for this, arguably unnecessary, information.

Regardless, I was still tempted to take the risk but found some negative reviews of the service that turned me off the idea. [Link]

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Fnz wrote: »
    Was going to sign up but am careful when it comes to volunteering personal information so noticed that the site doesn't bother encrypting the page that asks for this, arguably unnecessary, information.

Regardless, I was still tempted to take the risk but found some negative reviews of the service that turned me off the idea. [Link]

I can't speak for anybody else who uses The Applause Store but i've never had any hassle, no unsolicited mails, no unsolicited mail or anything from them.

I've been to 3/4 events now and they're sound, i'm sure others here will agree

Also it seems the people complaining in the link you supplied were not complaining about the personal information but that they didn't get into the show.

If you turn up in plenty of time you'll get in, if you turn up 20/30 mins before like the last one in Dublin then you're taking a risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

scudzilla wrote: »
    Also it seems the people complaining in the link you supplied were not complaining about the personal information but that they didn't get into the show.

The poor customer reviews and the insecure web page are two separate issues. Either one might have been enough to turn me off the service.

It is reassuring to hear they haven't, directly, spammed you. It's unfortunate they do not take steps to protect their users' data at point of entry. I'm disappointed as free tickets to shows would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭nordine

Cheers for the info. Ill try and get tickets for the Wexford one.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,803 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Wasn't Des Bishop raised in Wexford? Could be him for the Wexford one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭bradlente

Gna try for Wexford too,Let us know how u get on;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

scudzilla wrote: »
    If you turn up in plenty of time you'll get in, if you turn up 20/30 mins before like the last one in Dublin then you're taking a risk.

20/30 mins before the time you're told to arrive or time it closes?
    Also are you saying even if you get tickets you don't automatically get seats?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,803 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Also are you saying even if you get tickets you don't automatically get seats?
    I believe that's what happened at the Jason Byrne gig.. see here!
    Got donals and went in for 7, massive queue didn't get in. It was very very over subscribed.
    didnt get in never read the small print - thought i was guaranteed a seat) a well the next time....
    Didn't get in either. Massive queue around the corner so went for a pint. Came out and the queue was gone, but they said the show was full.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

If you don't get in don't they give you priority tickets for another show though?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Basq wrote: »
    I believe that's what happened at the Jason Byrne gig.. see here!

So if I turn up 6/6.15ish (doors open at 6.15) what are the chances of me getting in? I finish work at 5.30. Could possibly get there slightly earlier as well but prob not by much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dermondo

Hi, many thanks for the post, got confimation for tickets to Wexford gig for 2nd of July, its states to turn up 45 mins befor opening time, wonder whats that all about, anyway thanks again..........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Dermondo wrote: »
    Hi, many thanks for the post, got confimation for tickets to Wexford gig for 2nd of July, its states to turn up 45 mins befor opening time, wonder whats that all about, anyway thanks again..........

Well from what i heard they hand out more tickets than seats to guarantee there wont be empty seats.. So you may need to get there earlier than 45 minutes!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Went to the Jason Byrne show in Jan and it was good. Be prepared for a long show (around 3 hours) with some waiting around and some shots of audience clapping and cheering. You do have to turn up early to get tickets as they do issue more electronic tickets (which you swap for actual tickets outside the venue) than seats as their priority is to ensure a full theatre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭E30i

I got 4 tickets for Wexford Show but can't use them so if anyone wishes to go along just PM me and I'll forward you the voucher. First pm gets them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭E30i

Tickets now gone to Mytime who was first to PM

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭thomasjad

If anyone has anymore tickets for wexford can I have them? :)

pm sent

Never mind :(

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭karlkavo

Anyone know what comedians are gigging there.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭roboshatner

for the last jason byrne gig I just gave my name at the door and they checked the list and I got 2 tickets.

Now is it the same as the jason gig with the dublin gig tomorrow and wexford gig sunday ?

I checked my email there. I got confirmation email for the jason gig.

Checked and got confirmation for ardal in dublin but didnt get confirmed for the wexford tommy gig

• Advertisement

I am looking for 2 tickets for sundays nites gig in wexford if anyone has any to spare ?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭3_BOoYA_X

Won't be able to make it.. I have two tickets for tonight in Olympia if anyone wants them? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sashr

If anyone has a spare ticket to Sunday in Wexford please let me know.. :)

I would like to two tickets if anyone has two.

Could you pm me please...T

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Dermot2468

Hi

If any has 2 for tomorrow in Wexford I'd be delighted.

Pm me if you do.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭DaveMR

Hi missed out on the link for tonights gig in wexford
    Went to jason Byrne show earlier this year
    Where is it on tonight? The Opera House?
    Whos playing?
    if anyone cant go pls give me a pm and id like to go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

I "heard" that there was 500 turned away from this yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

TheChevron wrote: »
    I "heard" that there was 500 turned away from this yesterday.
    I got 4 tickets and turned up in Wexford for 6.10pm
    Hundreds of us were told at 6.20pm they are now full and that we cannot get in. The doors opened at 6.15pm!!!!!

I travelled with 3 friends from waterford city to go to this and wasn't happy after driving for 1 hour only to be told they are full.

'Rumour' I heard was they gave out 2000 tickets to fill 800 seated venue.

I would recommend NO ONE waste there time and go to the Dublin gig if it hasn't been on yet.

Load of ****, applause store shouldbe ashamed of themselves disappointing hundreds of people like that.

"we are really sorry but unfortunately we are now full and cannot let anyone in." BOLLOCKS!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 patjackman

In fairness, it did say in the small print on the entrance is not guaranteed, at that one should arrive early. I was fortunate as I work in the Opera House and one of the staff with spare tickets spotted me in the crowd. But I was at the back of the crowd that finished more than half way up the top of Rowe Street and the ticket distributors were just telling the crowd at the front of the Opera House that there were no more tickets left as I passed by, this was at twenty past six. In fairness, the terms could have been a hell of a lot clearer on the ticket. And, yes, I heard that 2000 tickets were offered for 850 places too. Bit extreme if they wanted to guarantee all the seats being filled. Furthermore, the Dave staff decided to open the door, without Opera House staff being present, at five, a full hour and a quarter before the stated time. People were inside getting drinks apparently without any floor staff there to ensure everyones safety!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Girl handed me my two seating tickets outside at about 5.50pm and we went off for an hour and came back. Worked out very nicely, saw loads of people being turned away when i was coming back in though.

Advertisement