Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballziest F*cker Ever!!

Options
  • 05-06-2011 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭

After seeing something in particular today, it was so unbelievably ballsy (ballzy?) that it inspired me to make a thread about it. I want to hear other people's ballzy stories!

So I was walking to the busstop after the GAA Leinster SFC double-header quarter-final. I was heading for the stop outside the xtravision in Fareview. As the crowd got to The Players Lounge, some fat bloke took out a trumpet, stopped on the road and played "God Save The Queen"! Unbelievable! The Yobs behind me were shouting for someone to throw a can at him. I will never see anything that ballzy again in my life, I'm sure of it.

Anyone else know of any moves that took unbelievable balls to pull off?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭UsernameInUse

I stopped reading after "GAA"...

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'd say he's more of an idiot than a ballzy ****er...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

I saw a guy jump in front of a train before. Takes real balls to take on a train.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the players lounge: the pub that hates the brits but televises all premier league football

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Fbjm wrote: »
    that it inspired me to make a thread about it.

really how so, what was so great about it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

I once heard this mad bastard to put himself in a slowing exploding bomb and flew to and landed on the moon :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

...and then you missed an interesting story due to your ignorance. :o:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭OMG Its EoinD

Brave | Idiot

See the line between them? It's thin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

The Queen came and was lovely, she laid a wreath and all - we like Britain now. Get with it.

I miss Lizzy - come back! All is forgiven!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭strokemyclover

I once sang the theme to Star Trek: The Next Generation at a Star Wars convention an ran like fook!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭im invisible

I miss Lizzy - come back! All is forgiven!!
    they were never the same after phil lynot died..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭UsernameInUse

...and then you missed an interesting story due to your ignorance. :o:p

I'll take my chances...

What has the GAA ever done for us?
    I particularly like number 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

I once sang the theme to Star Trek: The Next Generation at a Star Wars convention an ran like fook!

Go on ya mad bastard ya

• Registered Users Posts: 12,667 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

The ballsiest thing I have ever seen

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Gordon Gecko

A chap I was at school with, "Barmy" caused a terrible furore at the 6th form ball when he brought with him a young lady who had been publicly educated. The sound of splashing, as monocle after monocle popped out into glasses of port, was deafening. Faut pas followed faut pas as she used her salad fork for the 2nd course, and drank a '79 Merlot with her Bouillabaisse! Thus "Barmy", that dashing young blackguard, became the first 6th form boy in over a century to be caned and had his fagging priveleges rescinded for the remainder of term. I am at a loss to see how the trumpet-playing ruffian in the opening post could compare with such mischievous behavior.

Rgds

Rt. Hon. Gordon Gecko Esq

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

Actually telling that story is ballzier...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭strokemyclover

Go on ya mad bastard ya
    Actually telling that story is ballzier...

Have you ever been attacked by a convention full of disrespected nerds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭TommyTippee

the players lounge: the pub that hates the brits but televises all premier league football

christ almighty

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

Good for you.... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭leincar

A chap I was at school with, "Barmy" caused a terrible furore at the 6th form ball when he brought with him a young lady who had been publicly educated. The sound of splashing, as monocle after monocle popped out into glasses of port, was deafening. Faut pas followed faut pas as she used her salad fork for the 2nd course, and drank a '79 Merlot with her Bouillabaisse! Thus "Barmy", that dashing young blackguard, became the first 6th form boy in over a century to be caned and had his fagging priveleges rescinded for the remainder of term. I am at a loss to see how the trumpet-playing ruffian in the opening post could compare with such mischievous behavior.

Rgds

Thats not ballsy, thats ignorance and bad taste, drinking red wine with a fish soup.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

Rgds

It's faux pas, you oik. Faut pas means something else entirely.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Sprouts

Ally Dick wrote: »
    The ballsiest thing I have ever seen

Haven't seen that in ages but still gas

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

Have you ever been attacked by a convention full of disrespected nerds?

Does boards.ie count? If so, yes. It was not nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Great! Please stop leaving anti-Irish posts on GAA threads then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Fbjm wrote: »
    After seeing something in particular today, it was so unbelievably ballsy (ballzy?) that it inspired me to make a thread about it. I want to hear other people's ballzy stories!

So I was walking to the busstop after the GAA Leinster SFC double-header quarter-final. I was heading for the stop outside the xtravision in Fareview. As the crowd got to The Players Lounge, some fat bloke took out a trumpet, stopped on the road and played "God Save The Queen"! Unbelievable! The Yobs behind me were shouting for someone to throw a can at him. I will never see anything that ballzy again in my life, I'm sure of it.

Anyone else know of any moves that took unbelievable balls to pull off?

He played it on the way out of croke park too.

orourkeda wrote: »
    He played it on the way out of croke park too.
    Is that the same Croke park that Queen Elizabeth visited recently? She actually did a tour of the stadium! You guys really need to grow up!

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Gordon Gecko

leincar wrote: »
    Thats not ballsy, thats ignorance and bad taste, drinking red wine with a fish soup.

Sir, I think you'll find that "Barmy" bringing the guttersnipe to the Ball was the "ballsy" act, not her atrocious lack of taste and etiquette.

Rgds

Is that the same Croke park that Queen Elizabeth visited recently? She actually did a tour of the stadium! You guys really need to grow up!

It doesn;t bother me. I'm just saying he played it.

orourkeda wrote: »
    It doesn;t bother me. I'm just saying he played it.
    Wow! He played a song outside a stadium that has often been played inside it. Not only that but the subject of the song has been in the stadium!

• Advertisement

Wow! He played a song outside a stadium that has often been played inside it. Not only that but the subject of the song has been in the stadium!

Relax the cax.

Advertisement