Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken 6BR in Dublin - WTF?

Options
  • 05-06-2011 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

I would like the players to post here their opinion about the Tekken scene here in Dublin. The point system we should use, the casual meet ups, everything. Basically, how to make it better and shtuff.:D

1) We will change the point system. The new system will reflect the player's skill and will not take attendance into consideration.
    2) An increase in the fees is a good idea, the fees will be used to help and support players who live outside of Dublin to come and join the scene. If it doesn't work, we'll try something else.

WE HAVE A VERY GOOD OPPORTUNITY TO ATTRACT PLAYERS NOW GUYS AS THE NEW TEKKEN WILL BE OUT BEFORE CHRISTMAS. WE SHOULD STICK TOGETHER AND TRY OUR BEST TO MAKE THIS COMMUNITY STRONG AND GOING!!!

Thanks to all the sf players for their opinions and feedback!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,977 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

You all just need to turn up and play regularly and spread the word on as many sites as possible. You should start a Tekken discussion thread here and keep it active.

Attend some of the many cons around Ireland that have people playing Tekken. Q-Con would be a good start.

Whatever happened to the few lads who came to the first comp in XGC? Ever made any attempt to get in contact with them again?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I used to play Tekken 6 pretty hardcore online and considered myself a pretty good player. Then i just...stopped. I still consider it my "main" fighting game. Not in any "scene" in Dublin as i dont have any friends that play fighting games. Considering TTT2 is coming out soonish i may be interested in joining meet-ups and tourneys and whatever. Although the Tekken community in Dublin doesnt seem to be best, specially after reading that topic about the Tourney that was held recently, two people attended?

Saw a video of TTT2 on youtube being played in a Japanese arcade. The new fighter appears to be a Julia clone? Honestly Namco wtf. Thats just lazy. Enough to turn me off buying the game at all

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Saw a video of TTT2 on youtube being played in a Japanese arcade. The new fighter appears to be a Julia clone? Honestly Namco wtf. Thats just lazy. Enough to turn me off buying the game at all
    The new fighter is Julia in a wrestling outfit.

Jaycee = J.C. = Julia Chang.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

Just join up with every1 and come to wed and sat casual like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Get rid of that crazy points system

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

chueytoo wrote: »
    Just join up with every1 and come to wed and sat casual like.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

People shouldn't just wait for TTT2 before they come to these casuals, TTT2 won't be too different to T6 BR. I mean yeah it's a completely different concept but the basic mechanics of the game wont change.

I'm gonna head into the XGC this weekend to play some casuals, who's coming? :)

I really just play for the fun...

TESTEN SIE AUCH :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    The new fighter is Julia in a wrestling outfit.

Jaycee = J.C. = Julia Chang.

Mind = Blown

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Chopper mentioned Q-Con earlier on in the thread - to be more specific, there will be a tournament on the Friday night (the 24th): http://www.q-con.org.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=131&Itemid=112

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Triademan

I agree with your 2 points above Mantys.

I am in for june !

Take care man !

TEST YOU WELL :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 angelinalove

Its a very good opportunity for all the taken lover. i am very far away from Dublin other wise i will surly join to this game quest.

OK I'm guessing no one wants to play this weekend then?

Com'on.... can we get less words and more action here? :( How about the weekend after?

Anyone see this yet? Think I might get this game! Asuka confirmed :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBVvsXaNYLI&feature=channel_video_title

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

we shud have a TEKKEN VS SF scene CONTEST once the game is out
    we will all stick to sf characters

It's gonna take me a while to get used to SF mechanics but yeah I'm up for that!

Just started playing SSF4 again today actually. God I need much work...

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Like Joe said, just come to Wednesday/Saturday casuals! I do not understand why ye have ye're own separate mini-event when every Wednesday, people are playing MvC3, BB and SF in the same place and having a laugh. If you were there I'd play Tekken with ye, but there's no hope I'm showing up just to play Tekken.

But I've been in Saturdays before and never seen you lot? What time is everyone there? Wednesday and Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Generally from about 2.

Depends on the day, if there is a tournament on then we won't be there.

There'll generally be a "Casuals" thread put up a day or two before the day. Or in some cases hours beforehand.

The thing is, in general I really suck at 2D fighters. Like would anyone want to fight someone (aka me) who really...REALLY sucks at BB/SF? I imagine not :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Let's put it this way:

The fighting game community meet up on Wednesdays and Saturdays in XGC, when there are no other tournaments going on.

Are you part of it or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

The thing is, in general I really suck at 2D fighters. Like would anyone want to fight someone (aka me) who really...REALLY sucks at BB/SF? I imagine not :(

Most of us would have no problem with it. It's still a bit of craic. We all play games that we suck at.

Sure bring Tekken along and we'll play that as well, most of us would suck at that :)

• Advertisement

Alright sounds good! I need practice on 2D fighters for when street fighter Vs Tekken is out anyway!

Oh I just remembered I am OK at MK9 I'll bring that too!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I gotta say, if a Tekken player sat down and explained some basic mechanics to me as we played, I would certainly not have a problem with it. Same the other way around.

Dude i sucked at ssf4 and only played blazblue, but i learned alot of ssf4 from just playing, even tho i get my ass kicked around. If your in on sat, I'll gladly play some tekken like. Since i enjoy tekken as well.

I say many people will play as well, like doom said its a fighting game community. Its not all about 2d its about people who just enjoy fighting games. (even though some people will make fun of other fighting games)

That's good to know! :) Unfortunately I'll be away in Wexford this weekend but you can bet I will be there the next time with my stick!

Do you guys play MK9?

So tekken 6 was played for casual today, but none of the tekken lads come in. can't Say i didn't try:p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I did a Perfect, even.
    Cos I'm gdlk.

chueytoo wrote: »
    So tekken 6 was played for casual today, but none of the tekken lads come in. can't Say i didn't try:p

This Wednesday we will get our Tekken on. It will be the highest level of Tekken ever seen in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 nani

Id really like to come down each wendsday/saturday for the fighting game scene there, but its a 200km drive each time for me so its not as easy. So I hope some of the dubliners will show up. Good luck to everyone! ;)

I'll be able to come by this Wednesday I think. But I won't be able to bring any games or controllers/sticks with me I am afraid.

What time Wednesday should I show up? And I am really sorry but I'll need to borrow everyone's controllers to play if that's OK? (just this time though).

• Advertisement

I'll be able to come by this Wednesday I think. But I won't be able to bring any games or controllers/sticks with me I am afraid.

What time Wednesday should I show up? And I am really sorry but I'll need to borrow everyone's controllers to play if that's OK? (just this time though).

There'll be plenty of sticks there for you to use, and it's fine for you to use them :) I'll bring T6 and we can have a few games after I've finished beasting Joe :pac:

Keep an eye on the forum for the casuals thread to go up, everyone will post the times they can go at in there.

Advertisement