Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead Nation, Any Good?

Options
  • 05-06-2011 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭

Hi I was just wondering is Dead Nation any good, I normally dont like the arieil view shooters, but I have most of the other free games being offered, so what does everything think of it? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

It's free, just try it yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I am enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭phily2002

yeah I think it's great craic. I don't normally go for zombie games or shooter games but had all the games besides this and infamous. Haven't even played infamous yet because just keep playing this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

I recommend it, it is good fun.

I was pondering whether or not I would download it, until I watched the preview on PSN. Seeing fifteen or so zombies being blown to bits by a grenade clinched it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

It's a really good game, the weapons are powerful, the zombie onslaught is well balanced, its action packed and gory as hell, I was tempted to buy it when it was released a while ago...pity I waited so long :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭dacogawa

I like it, its very 'smash TV' lots of zombies, lots of weapons, lots of fun

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

How big is the install for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Think it was 1.5gb, then there was a 180mb patch... Came down very fast neway.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Soap MacTavish

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    I am enjoying it.
    phily2002 wrote: »
    yeah I think it's great craic. I don't normally go for zombie games or shooter games but had all the games besides this and infamous. Haven't even played infamous yet because just keep playing this
    TML91 wrote: »
    I recommend it, it is good fun.

I was pondering whether or not I would download it, until I watched the preview on PSN. Seeing fifteen or so zombies being blown to bits by a grenade clinched it for me.
    CombatCow wrote: »
    It's a really good game, the weapons are powerful, the zombie onslaught is well balanced, its action packed and gory as hell, I was tempted to buy it when it was released a while ago...pity I waited so long :o
    dacogawa wrote: »
    I like it, its very 'smash TV' lots of zombies, lots of weapons, lots of fun

Thanks for all the info so far everyone, im quite tempted to download it now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Anyone want to play online on it now? My username is below

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭wolf moon

Great game, downloaded a while ago but played only today co-op with my mate, then campaign solo and I have to admit that since Uncharted 2 no game gave me so much fun! Perfect game, very playable and the zombies......:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,971 ✭✭✭cena

I played it so much yesterday I got an headache from it. its a very dark game not much lighting in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Finished it on morbid ( very easily) yesterday has to be my fav psn game, i also finished it on coop with my gf and she enjoyed it too, which is strange for her :D

During my play time i used many tactics, thought id share.

1) the dash move is very important, it makes you invincible during the dash and about 2 seconds after it, Lure the bombies into the large groups and let him get close then dash away before he blows. It'll kill him and surrounding zombies while u are left unharmed :D

2) Your rifle is your most important weapon and should be upgraded asap, followed by your shotgun, flamethrower, blade cannon and rocket launcher.

3) Flares and mines are essential to survive the grim/morbid difficulties. Max em out. Being over run throw a flare but be smart with it, place it by a explosive barrel or car and blow em.

4) SCREAMERS will be your most difficult enemies in the latter levels especially the last 3. They must be killed fast to avoid being overrun , depends on difficulty on how much damage they take to be killed. Long distance the rifle, short distance the shotgun.

5) the jumpers and blade guys, you'll hear em coming by the roar and loud footsteps. With the jumper wait for him to jump and just dash over to kill with the shotgun, very easy. The blade guy use same method but dont get too close and get familar with his actions when hes about to chase you.

6) On the hard difficulties, the soldiers will be your number 1 killer,so throw flares into large groups and use your blade cannon so slice and dice. And use your head by luring enemies into narrow spaces and using the cannon.

7) DONT BOTHER USING THE SMG ITS USELESS :D

Great to see so many players picked this as one of their 2, before it become part of the welcome back pack, there was 710 irish zombie killers, now theres 2500.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Thought it was a great game, though I used the SMG a lot and hated the flamethrower and didn't use shotgun much ;)
    Having said that, I only played on normal.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,585 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Although I'm having trouble getting the online multiplayer to last a full game Im enjoying the game none the less. Great throw back to the 16bit era!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

D/L'ed it yesterday and must say its great fun. I was thinking of getting ti when it first came out and kind of forgot it since then but glad it was free and loving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Loving this game.....
    Still playing through campaign on solo and co op with the missus.
    Did have issues getting into online co op with friends, kept disconnecting.

Thanks tonydude for the hints, much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

Just finished playing it on grim. That last level is so bloody difficult.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,123 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Played through the first few missions and thought it was decent enough. Hardly the best the twin stick shooter genre has to offer - you're dealing in Bangai-O, Geometry Wars and Super Stardust territory here, and even the recent Lara Croft game - and it's a bit embarrassing how much it owes to Left 4 Dead (bomb zombies? Ahem). But it is a very different experience to the ones mentioned above, and derivative though it may be it does have a unique play speed and some interesting mechanics. Alas sometimes it feels very cheap in terms of enemy placement and it's way too ****ing dark at times.

I wouldn't pay for it, but for free, it's definitely good fun.

Played through the first few missions and thought it was decent enough. Hardly the best the twin stick shooter genre has to offer - you're dealing in Bangai-O, Geometry Wars and Super Stardust territory here, and even the recent Lara Croft game - and it's a bit embarrassing how much it owes to Left 4 Dead (bomb zombies? Ahem). But it is a very different experience to the ones mentioned above, and derivative though it may be it does have a unique play speed and some interesting mechanics. Alas sometimes it feels very cheap in terms of enemy placement and it's way too ****ing dark at times.

I wouldn't pay for it, but for free, it's definitely good fun.

In regards to the darkness, i also had that issue, turned it all the way up in OPTIONS. also that slider bar thing when you first start the game for the darkness is pants, "Slide the bar so you can see all the boxes", it was either all on the top line or all on the bottom line for me.

• Advertisement

i had no problem with the darkness, was perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

I don't like it :( maybe I just need to play it more though...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,971 ✭✭✭cena

I'v just finished the game. Its not that long of a game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

I have to get the Romero would be proud platinum trophy!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭DOHC2000E

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    I don't like it :( maybe I just need to play it more though...

I thought it was a bit crap at first but it's definitely grown on me. Controls took a little getting used to but I'm liking it more each time I play it.

I have to get the Romero would be proud platinum trophy!

all i need now is the skilled trophy :D

I'd say that "graveyard shift" level will be tough on harder difficulty levels?

Took a life or two to figure out what was going on !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Gonna be a pain getting the co-op trophies

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭splashthecash

I have to say - I can't get into this game AT ALL!

I chose it as one of my freebies and regretting it now....movement is very difficult and as this is a pretty integral part of the game, I'm not enjoying it.

I don't know lads, maybe I'm just not giving it enough of a chance, I'll give it a shot again this evening.

:cool:

• Advertisement

Gonna be a pain getting the co-op trophies

I didnt do it this way but ive told people to do it and it's worked. Play the coop on your own with 2 controllers on braindead, kill character 2 and continue on with your character, character 2 will respawn at every checkpoint so kill her again. :D

Advertisement