Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lctimer=WRONG

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

By reading this thread I'm going to say this should be the last of your worries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

I also don't get why you would set your alarm using this. You're setting it the night before, it's 10 o' clock, surely you can work out yourself that you want to wake up in ten hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Digits

Paranoid OP is paranoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

Fbjm wrote: »
    I'm a heavy sleeper and the way my alarm works, it would have gone off at half ten had i not noticed this,

So you were planning on waking up at half 9, the same time English paper 1 starts?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Patriciamc93

Everybody can say that it doesn't matter but if the op had not noticed then they would have set there alarm an hour late. This would cause the op to be and hour late for the exam (if they did not realise the time) and the first exam is English. You can only turn up to an exam half an hour late more than that and you are not allowed in!

If the op did not get to English on time then they would more than likely fail English (unless they get 180/200 on paper 2) and subsequently if they wanted to go to an nui they would not be allowed. And would have to repeat.

And also I know that the problem has been fixed and all but this site could have been used by the 20000 (I think) people doing the leaving cert and it is not something to have a "laugh" about with your friends. It won an award an it deserves it it is a good site and a good idea...... Apart from the mistake.

And plus don't shoot the op for telling people. Some people may have not noticed and he/she told people about it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

Everybody can say that it doesn't matter but if the op had not noticed then they would have set there alarm an hour late. This would cause the op to be and hour late for the exam (if they did not realise the time) and the first exam is English. You can only turn up to an exam half an hour late more than that and you are not allowed in!

If the op did not get to English on time then they would more than likely fail English (unless they get 180/200 on paper 2) and subsequently if they wanted to go to an nui they would not be allowed. And would have to repeat.

And also I know that the problem has been fixed and all but this site could have been used by the 20000 (I think) people doing the leaving cert and it is not something to have a "laugh" about with your friends. It won an award an it deserves it it is a good site and a good idea...... Apart from the mistake.

And plus don't shoot the op for telling people. Some people may have not noticed and he/she told people about it!

Damn, I hope you're not being serious :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Actually, the OP said their alarm is for 7.30. Worst case scenario, they woke up at 8.30. Don't see how that could cause them to be an hour late for the exam. Just seems like the OP is planning some morning cramming.

So what if 20,000 students used it? Surely they all have enough sense by now to know when their exam starts, and what time they have to get up at

As I said, the site was to motivate students to study long-term, to shock you into studying when you realize there's only 50 days left, not to help you set an alarm clock

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Patriciamc93

Healium wrote: »
    Actually, the OP said their alarm is for 7.30. Worst case scenario, they woke up at 8.30. Don't see how that could cause them to be an hour late for the exam. Just seems like the OP is planning some morning cramming.

Well if they live 40 mins away from school and ended up hiting rush hour traffic they could very well be an hour late..... In the morning 5 mins makes all the difference. And I know there will be less traffic on the road due to secondary schools been finished but .... Traffic still applies
    ......just saying!
    So what if 20,000 students used it? Surely they all have enough sense by now to know when their exam starts, and what time they have to get up at

I'm sure they do but as the op said there alarm clock on their phone is different to others and well if my alarm was like the op's then I would probably use the countdown timer to set my alarm as I would feel that it would be accurate seeming as it won an award and stuff
    (but I would check just to make sure it is the leaving cert like!)
    As I said, the site was to motivate students to study long-term, to shock you into studying when you realize there's only 50 days left, not to help you set an alarm clock

Ya I get that ..... And it was a brilliant idea and the website is really well designed.... Just saying the leaving Cert .... For most people is serious and a stressful time. Perhaps if the developer was joking with a friend they should have maybe stoped joking about two weeks ago and changed just incase something like this happened. Precautions and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Gav77

This is the silliest thing i have ever seen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Gav77 wrote: »
    This post is the silliest thing i have ever written

FYP :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Christ almighty OP, get yourself a normal alarm clock and take some responsibility for your own actions, i.e. getting your arse out of bed in time in the morning.

Advertisement