Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Fire choose your own death adenture.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Rick Deckard

just waiting on Deise and Sunny.

as im away with work, and bored in the evenings, my contribution is a little longer than the regular chapter.

just waiting on Deise and Sunny.
    how long will i give them before going with the majority?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Goodoak

As this is supposed to be qickfire perhaps we should make it vote or die. Hesitation costs lives people :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

This reminds me of the "choose your adventure" books of old! Ah Nostalgia.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ChaseThisLight

I'm not sure Deise is on as much for the summer: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=72604828&postcount=349
    Goodoak wrote: »
    As this is supposed to be qickfire perhaps we should make it vote or die. Hesitation costs lives people :p

I agree...vote or die, so we don't get held up waiting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Good god, has the letter V been missing from adventure in the title of this thread the whole time?

phill106 wrote: »
    Good god, has the letter V been missing from adventure in the title of this thread the whole time?

Don't worry, quick fix for that - we'll introduce an evil dentist that's out to replace the rotting zombies teeth with dentures so they can continue feasting on our flesh.

Goodoak wrote: »
    we should make it vote or die. Hesitation costs lives people :p
    vote or die, so we don't get held up waiting.
    ye are a hard bunch.. can't do that to SUNGOD.

We'll say a reprieve to 8 this evening.

Until then Sunny, choose wisely. For whom shall the bell toll?

3rd Star Private Cathal Daly clambered out of his bunk, trying to block out the squeal of the sirens, wondering how life had brought him to this; a 27 yr old, being woken up in the middle of the night by this lick arse standing in the doorway, “Roll call and briefing 10 minutes in the mess” came the bark from the Corporal.
    “Fúck off” Daly muttered under his breath. But beneath his bravado, he loved the Army.
    He was thrown out of every school he ever attended, mostly for fighting, sometimes for just not turning up, so his father wasn’t surprised when the Garda Community Officer recommended the army. Cathal signed up on his 18th birthday, and never looked back.
    He was still jetlagged after his flight from his tour of duty in the Lebanon. The rest of the unit had taken the leave they were all entitled to but not him, he had nothing to go back to.
    Taking a chair near the back of the mess, he could hear the others asking each other if they knew what was going on.
    Idiots, it’s 5 in the morning, whatever is happening is breaking now. He wouldn’t get any info from the gossips, so he waited for the brief to start.
    “Ok lads, settle down.” ordered the Commandant. “We don’t have much time, so I’m not going to explain everything. I’ll leave that to your Captains. Late last night, we started getting requests from Gardaí stations in Dublin for assisstance. As of 10 mins ago, we have received 18 individual requests for assistance in everything, ranging from general public disorder to Gardaí going missing. We are in contact with Garda HQ in the park, and according to them this seems localised to the city. Reports of trouble were initially confined to the docklands, but have since spread. We’re sending in units, both static and mobile. And, yes, we’re going in hot.”
    The audible gasp around the room echoed Cathal's own surprise at the Commandants last words. An army presence on the street yes, but deadly force if required? This was something big..........
    Daly’s unit sped along the North Circular Road, barely slowing for red lights. It was a sign of the magnitude of the rollout when the captain had told Daly he was getting his own unit. A 3rd Star Private in charge of five privates curtailing movement on the Connolly to Sligo track.
    “Rioting in the streets, and we get assigned to a ****ing train track!!! Bollox!” protested Daly. But his complaints fell on deaf ears.

All that was hours ago. Nothing had come either way since the 15.47 to Sligo.

Until now.

Daly took cover as he hushed the others in his small unit. “There’s a group down there at the bend, looks like they’re splitting up, three of them are coming this way. The others are slipping through the fence”
    “Do you want me to circle round and get the others?” asked one of the grunts.
    “If I did, I would have told you as much, now quiet. Safety’s off lads”
    But before Daly could stop him, the private had dashed off and around the wall in pursuit of the group.
    “Fool. Too eager for a bit of action. I can’t leave the lads to go after him , with these guys coming straight at us” Thoughts were hoping around Daly’s head as another privates finger pulled and three shots later, the approaching group fell.
    As Daly spun round, he could only watch the one of them fall to his knees, hands still raised in surrender. The sight of the blood pouring from his forehead and the tears pouring from his eyes would haunt Daly for many years. The other two were lying face down on the tracks.
    200yds away Dakota paused momentarily, half thinking of going back to help, but he knew it was no use. “The army obviously have a shoot on sight policy; better not take any more chances with the Gardaí, army or anyone else for that matter.”
    There was a dumb founded silence as the small band tried to come to terms with the last copule of hours, a bullet ricocheting off the lane wall broke their silence and a bone in Hoppers right foot.
    Everyone else instinctively started to run. But seeing Hopper struggling, Smiles and Chase went back and scooped him under the shoulders.
    Dakota was already on point, checking out the next alley; “Looks clear, c’mon! Keep moving!”
    They all filed past, Dakota eyeing the surroundings. “From the way he takes cover, our shooter seems to be operating alone.”

Dakota motioned the rapidly dwindling group to hide behind a wheely bin, for a quick sit rep;
    “Lads, if we don’t change our tack, we’ll be z food in no time. That shooter is following us;

A: “If we wait at the corner, one of us can grab the barrel of his gun, and two others can tackle him.”
    B: “This lane is full of sheds and garages, he can’t check them all! We hideout and wait till he moves on.”
    C: “These lanes are like a rabbits’ warren, if we keep moving, we’ll loose him”

Nice writing.. er I mean moan shuffle.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

the barrel of the rifle will be fairly hot if he's just fired it

I recomend ye hide in one of the sheds, Maybe one wth a rear door ye havent noticed, the rest of us have an advantage now as we can Smell wavehoppers Fresh Wound
    Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawrrrrrrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

nice man, difficult decisions...... I'm gonna go for A though, completely possible the only thing is the guy is gonna turn around the corner quickly and probably burst off a shot so we could maybe have hopper as a distraction at the end of the lane just before the other 3 react?

EDIT: The barrell wont between the time it will take him to get off his shot and then approach, hopefully he'll run around the corner stupidly because he's all gun hoe :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭DakotaYoda

Great post Mr Deckard.

I'll vote C - when in doubt: keep moving. A is tempting but I'd opt to keep moving for now.

We're now being hunted by the living and the dead but so much more is the fun!

NOTE: On vaca until next Wednesday and I have no idea if I'll have any net access at all. If in doubt please skip and I will pick up on Wednesday at the latest. Thanks!!

For me C is tempting, and feels safest - if we didn't have an injured person with us. So I'm going with A - we need to immobilize the threat, and maybe even get ourselves a weapon out of it.

Who do i send the outcomes to?

1. DakotaYoda
    2. Mahatma coat
    3. SUNGOD
    4. SmileyPaul
    5. chasethislight
    6. wavehopper1
    7. deise go deo
    8. phill106
    9. Goodoak
    10. peatcass

You may have to skip to Mahatama coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

is this any good?

who's still in it?

are the dead writing? I'm not sure :P

Jester252 wrote: »
    is this any good?

Yes, yes it is. :)
    SmileyPaul wrote: »
    who's still in it?

are the dead writing? I'm not sure :P

Well, Goodoak just wrote recently, and he's dead (literate zombies?! :eek:). So, maybe the dead do write.

Dakota just went on vacation, so according to the list, Mahatma would be next.

I'm still in, and I can write when my time comes, as things have settled for me quite a bit.

Oh, and just 'cause I'm confused: who's dead and who's alive as of Rick's post?

DakotaYoda, Mahatma coat, SUNGOD, SmileyPaul, chasethislight, wavehopper1, deise go deo, phill106, Goodoak

4 students remaining

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

SmileyPaul wrote: »
    DakotaYoda, Mahatma coat, SUNGOD, SmileyPaul, chasethislight, wavehopper1, deise go deo, phill106, Goodoak

4 students remaining

wavehopper1 has been shot tho :(

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭wavehopper1

Sorry I'm late folks, weekend away.

And B - hide out in the sheds (I admit to being slightly selfish here, I can hardly walk with the pain of the shotgun wound).

Remember our little group's mission statement...leave no-one behind (and by no-one I mean me :o).

I admit to being slightly selfish here, I can hardly walk with the pain of the shotgun wound.
    It was your idea to wound someone.. :D

options sent to SUNGOD, as Mahatma opted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

options forwarded on to smileypaul
    sorry lads i havent had time to keep up to date with story and wont get a chance to post so i sent smiley the options that rick sent me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭DakotaYoda

Back in action from vacation too. As soon as we are ready to wrap this one up we can start on the next fullblown CYOA w/ the big map - I've got a posting ready.

SUNGOD wrote: »
    options forwarded on to smileypaul
    DakotaYoda wrote: »
    As soon as we are ready to wrap this one up we can start on the next fullblown CYOA
    I knew my standard of writing would kill this story off!!!!
    In fairness to me, it's the first thing i've ever written:o

DakotaYoda wrote: »
    Back in action from vacation too. As soon as we are ready to wrap this one up we can start on the next fullblown CYOA w/ the big map - I've got a posting ready.
    Looks like Dublin is going to get nuked before our our rag tag bunch gets out:eek:

Dakota Sprints straight past the hobbling Wavehopper almost in desperation away from the soldier "**** him and his mobility...." Wave thinks to himself, "looks like I'm on my own since those two lovebirds have stayed behind to die a valiant death...."

As he Moves along the lane he realises he'll need to hide to survive, as though by magic a shed door is ajar another 15 metres ahead.... as the door swings open and he dives in he hears a round of bullets fyling through the air and a scream, although ashamed Wave is proud that he has made the right choice. he lowers his gaurd and takes out his phone to see whats in the shed... moving as quitely as possible he hides himself between two boxes until the soldier passes, but before he can breathe a sigh of relief, he hears a heavy gurgling breath being drawn through a pair of lungs which are clearly either punctured or filled with liquid. he tries to get up but a blood covered jaw comes to meet his face.

The howls of wavehopper are hear almost 400 metres away by Dakota who was sprinting more strenuosly than before as he heard the Gun shots. He turns a corner only to find a dead end and a Zombie, turning 180 degrees he sprints in a different direction "as long as it's away from the enemy it's towards safety" He thinks to himself. Around another corner he almost runs straight into a Zed who has just stopped feasting on the corpses of 6 teenagers, he only stopped, because the corpses are now reanimating. "balls...." for the third time he turns and sprints away but by now the adrenaline has stopped flowing, his muscles are torn and he has begun feeling hopeless, he sprints a final time to where he believes freedom from this labrynth lies but alas.... another 300 metres and a wall with "death to vigors" sprawled across in crude graffiti, the name of his old haunt back home.... the final straw has arrived, dakota, turns, now looking straight towards the miniture hoard which is slowing coming his way, and buckles at the knees....he lets out a small cry of anguish before brandishing his stool leg (which somehow he managed to keep) and sprinted to the group, sprinted to honour, to valiancy and among other things, his death.

A few minutes earlier Chase and Smiley watch Wave and Dak sprint (and hobble off) as fast as possible, chase calls out (quietly... somehow) "We'll come get you if we can after we deal with this guy!" but it's doubted either of them heard her.
    smiley picks up a large rock that he found on the ground and lowers himself as if ready to tacklewhen the soldier moves around the corner, Chase drops her stool leg (I dont know how she kept that either!) and swaps it out for a lead pipe found beside a pad locked garage door. without saying anything she had read Smileys movements. Readything themselves they began hearaing the crunching of boots on gravel approaching... quickly.

A camouflaged man bounced around the corner as if he was a puppy about to go on a long walk. Chase swung the lead pipe upwards towards the barrel of the gun forcing it upwards. The shocked Private (with the Aoutomatic lock out already up) let a burst of Rounds fly through the air barely missing Chases scalp, Smiley leapt forward goring the Soldier to the ground and without a second thoughtlifting the rock above his head and pounding it into the face of the man. again and again blood flew through the air until panting, Smiley stopped, the man was no more, his face caved in and breath completely ceased.
    Picking up the Rifle and approviamtely 80 rounds (20 in the loaded mag and two other mags of 30) he turned, applied safety and looked to a horrified Chase. "sorry...." Smiley said quitely.
    "ah don't mind that! had to be done!" said Chase cheering him up right away :P

A scream came from a shed about 25 metres up and to the right, and then a groan, and moments later, a second groan. without thinking they walked cautiously to the shed. the door squeeked open slowly as a jawless hobbling Wavehopper approached them, followed by another ugly mofo. another scream was heard in the distance, and the groan of a large number of Z's. two shots rang out, and two Zombies fell.

"the shots will attract Z's and men alike, what'll we do?"

A:turn around and run back the way they came, chase thought she saw a way out to the road

B:walk through the shed wave died in, which is now hopefully empty of Z's and make your way through the house

C:
    Continue through the labrynths, find and destroy the Suspected Zombie hoard and hopefully escape, again onto the streets.

Wanna end this now? I'm exempt from this round and Chase has a one in three chance of survivng, 'sup to her I think :P

sorry was a bit long, sorry the grammar was dreadful, and most of all sorry for changing tenses halfway through :P

• Advertisement

I reckon;

A= army= death
    B= easiest option... or is it?
    C= Hoard of z's, though with 80 rounds, they'll not be a problem.

I'll go for C, "lets rape the shít out of 'em!!"

edit: that last bit is a blazing saddles quote, i'm not a rapist. That is all.

Advertisement