Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreamer of the year (Arcade Edition)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

http://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/arcade-machine-cabinet-for-sale/13094029?utm_source=email&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=SearchAlert
    What shape human do you need to be to play this? Street fighter would be awesome

NGQ0NDAyY2JmMzYzYTk4NmUwMDc5Y2VjYWFhYjU1N2VJ5IyrZVBWyN5ZyOcAlYMLaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vYWE4ZjMzZTFkZmNiZWIzYjM2NjVhMjYyOWY5YjIwZWE0OWQ4MTExYjE3NzRlYzJjMDUyMzJhNDhhZTZkYzEwZi5qcGd8fHx8fHwzMTB4NTI1fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg
    "All the hard work is done"
    Sure it is

2cf30a16bec9f83acaee22039a40d2a7.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

These clowns are flogging an RPi3 with a SNES type controller in a case for €139!
    https://teamretrobox.com
    Not only that but they are loading them with rom sets as well!
    From the video supplied you can see it's just Retropie as well, and in the FAQs they don't really want people adding extra games, presumably because then the jig is up.
    When I helpfully pointed out that it was a RPi on their FB page, they deleted my comment, no surprise.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    These clowns are flogging an RPi3 with a SNES type controller in a case for €139!
    https://teamretrobox.com
    Not only that but they are loading them with rom sets as well!
    From the video supplied you can see it's just Retropie as well, and in the FAQs they don't really want people adding extra games, presumably because then the jig is up.
    When I helpfully pointed out that it was a RPi on their FB page, they deleted my comment, no surprise.

I'm waiting on Nintendo to sue them lol
    I wonder what size SD is included to house all those Roms it's gotta be a 128GB, my 64 is pretty much full with just a mame romset and artwork?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm waiting on Nintendo to sue them lol
    I wonder what size SD is included to house all those Roms it's gotta be a 128GB, my 64 is pretty much full with just a mame romset and artwork?

It's the basic ancient Mame set as far as I can see.
    So, not too big, I've got it on a fairly regular micro SD.

They appear to local lads/lassies as well, with a good line in web page design.
    The same kind of chancer infests Adverts with lo-fi ads for over priced loaded RPis.
    These guys pretend it's something else, careful never to mention the RPi or Retropie, and that's all it is, but price like it's big stuff.

Good luck to them.
    But they could find things getting sticky when they inevitably get caught.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

The custom Retrobox for €350, which they recommend for commercial use is hilarious. It's the same thing as the regular product - a raspberry pi in a case! Such chancers!!

pasta-solo wrote: »
    The custom Retrobox for €350, which they recommend for commercial use is hilarious. It's the same thing as the regular product - a raspberry pi in a case! Such chancers!!

It's actually the lesser spec as there is no controllers:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Check out the monitor in this :
    http://www.adverts.ie/13235177

Possible Mame of Shame potential

eddhorse wrote: »

I think I got sick a bit, in my mouth....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭Jack burton

NjhtpW5.png

Let's see what they make if this? How bad do they want this sale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭BGOllie

eddhorse wrote: »

he's got an original dedicated Xevious though. been trying to get that off him for a while now :)
    He also has a Chase HQ (he might have sold it) . In fairness the guy has nice cabs in his collection and knows his stuff. he's obviously offloading stuff lately

Few of the lads off that Europe arcade collectors Facebook are getting cabs from somewhere up north, wonder if that's what they are getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭BGOllie

Few of the lads off that Europe arcade collectors Facebook are getting cabs from somewhere up north, wonder if that's what they are getting?

yeah that's him. he's got tooooons of stuff it seems. decent guy too. I got that Kung Fu master off him, along with a Shadow Dancer pcb, on uk-vac, for 20 quid .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I bought my fish tales pinball of him a few weeks back. He has a few cabs alright. He had operation wolf as well!

omAgHtN.png

omAgHtN.png

:pac:

What a bunch of chancers!

Just hope they don't get stuck with a ton of them after Nintendo drop the hammer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Just hope they don't get stuck with a ton of them after Nintendo drop the hammer.

Its unlikely, the internet is full of these type of kits - although the pricing on this particular one is outrageous.
    Change a few images on RetroPie, throw in some $3 Aliexpress controllers and call it done. Free enterprise is one thing but this is taking the mickey.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Been seeing facebook ads for those Retrobox things, seem to be a lot of people who don't know any better buying into the whole thing.

Dear sweet mother of Glob....

http://www.adverts.ie/13298762

• Advertisement

If you pulled that stupid control panel and sourced a CRT could be a good base cabinet, probably worth about €100 max though.

If you pulled that stupid control panel and sourced a CRT could be a good base cabinet, probably worth about €100 max though.

pcb would make a nice rtype too ;)

pcb would make a nice rtype too ;)

I'd say it's in the dump with the monitor, "upgraded those old things"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,552 ✭✭✭Inviere

When I saw the first image I held out some hope that he had only destroyed the CP, something to be rebuilt.... then the state of the monitor became apparent... the horror, the horror.

Seeing, on Adverts, a Goliath Electrocoin, for €300...

It's like you initially were pleased, this descended into dread, then the horror of it became apparent, the colour drained out of the world and you just wanted to run away....

giphy.gif

May God have mercy on his soul :eek:
    I really dont like those cabs thought :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

To be fair those Golaiths were horrible yokes to start with..

To be fair those Golaiths were horrible yokes to start with..

Whatever it's crimes, it didn't deserve for that to happen to it.
    Someone could have loved it, once...

I think it's an Electrocoin Xenon.
    I think I've a control panel that'll fit it in the event someone buys it, it'll need the holes welded back in though as it was converted to a Poker CP

Or

Maybe it'll move on to bigger and better things come October like its sister

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Its defo a Xenon, my old one i tetris'ised is in Token now. Big cabs.

Advertisement