Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreamer of the year (Arcade Edition)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

€53 for a gameboy, with no games, no box, no battery cover, and missing pixels

http://www.adverts.ie/nintendo/nintendo-gameboy-original/1942715

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

Need a new Japanese starter for your Candy cab ?

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/FG-1E-STARTER-LAMP-BULB-/200745317712

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

^ I've bought from him before. I must say he's a sound guy. He knocked an unsolicited fiver off my offer.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

Tallon wrote: »

I knew I would be on here somewhere. :D as adverts doesnt allow items with no price or open to offers, people put up any price to stop the admins giving us hassle for having no price up

First time reading this thread. All the ebay links are dead :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

A tad on the steep side, no...

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/games/3542155

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭a5y

€53 for a gameboy, with no games, no box, no battery cover, and missing pixels

http://www.adverts.ie/nintendo/nintendo-gameboy-original/1942715

@a5y:if it were boxed i would be looking for 70 euros the lowest

I need to stop looking at this thread. Its bad for the soul. (A quick search on eBay has revealed a less common, Buy-It-Now priced Game Boy Pocket in good condition for €56 including postage from the UK.)

That said, he does say the screen is repaired.
    Its just that he didn't wait to take the photos until after the screen was repaired...

:confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,851 ✭✭✭Steve X2

keithgeo wrote: »

He seems so proud of it but unfortunately with the screen like that its a bit of a piece of sh1t.
    I don't think you could even fit a crt in there if you wanted to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

keithgeo wrote: »

An arcade console? Unparalleled graphics? The chuck norris of gaming consoles?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,541 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

WTF is with that screen placing??? Jesus christ. How could someone look at that and think it looks good!?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

o1s1n wrote: »
    WTF is with that screen placing??? Jesus christ. How could someone look at that and think it looks good!?

Clint Eastwood squinting at it might find it ok ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Oh dear god, and there's an offer of €500, I'm in the wrong game, I really am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Oh dear god, and there's an offer of €500, I'm on the game, I really am

FYP. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I had it custom made to my design by an arcade/pinball machine builder. No expenses was spared, this thing is a beast.
    I'd love to see one of this guys pinball machines lol

I'd love to see one of this guys pinball machines lol

pin1.jpg

tennis-ball.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

o1s1n wrote: »

316007_10150919595320105_569980104_21415337_939630640_n.jpg :eek: well you did ask.

1954987_f520.jpg

• Advertisement

giraffe-01.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Richard Dawkins did a great book on evolution, another one, and in it he describes the internal structure of the giraffe neck and how mental it is. The only way it could have formed was via the adaption of previous structures in animals with less pronounced necks.
    This therefore proves evolution or that the gods had a very limited understanding of biology, which is strange given that one or all of them allegedly invented it....

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Richard Dawkins did a great book on evolution, another one, and in it he describes the internal structure of the giraffe neck and how mental it is. The only way it could have formed was via the adaption of previous structures in animals with less pronounced necks.
    This therefore proves evolution or that the gods had a very limited understanding of biology, which is strange given that one or all of them allegedly invented it....

There was an 'Inside Nature's Giants' on Giraffe's...they focused on the neck & detailed it greatly. Zeus me ar$e

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Ah yes, I'm sure that the nice man in the sky was watching that one with interest, to send instructions to his tinfoil hat wearing believers a way to refute the facts using magic and duct tape.
    But enough of this, it is a mad cab alright.....

What is it?

Master of the Universe

But if there were a magical sky wizard, he could use his fairy dust and wand to create anything he wanted. Giving an animal a long neck would be an easy feat to the creator of the universe.

The fact that someone offered 500 euro for that POS is more indicative that there is no god more than anything Dawkins has said :pac:

True, if the gods really existed how could they allow such an abomination into the world.
    Therefore that cab is proof of the non existence of god!
    Quick, post it in the Christian forum asap!

Master of the Universe

They'd probably buy the cab and burn it just to be safe.

'What cab? I don't know what you're talking about. Praise the lord!'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Crazy lunatics here.

these VGA guys are knobs..

VGA ruining gaming for everyone. I'm an RGB SCART man myself.

21 pin NTSC-J SCART if we're being picky... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

pdbhp wrote: »

these VGA guys are knobs..

And it's their customers that are the bigger knobs for buying into it:pac:

Advertisement