Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panda Waste - Issues with Service

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

I am with Panda for a few years now. Initially it was €88 a year for the bins and €6.40 a lift on the balck bin.

This year the yearly fee stayed the same this year but as of 1st July they have raised the price of the black bin lift to €7.10.

I can see the yearly fee raising to €110 from next year to be inline with ex Fingal customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,834 ✭✭✭✭cormie

There have been two increases in the last 2 years on the government waste levy as far as I know. Greenstar sent me a information about it. Therefore the black bin lift fee increase is most likely justified.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Octopus

sgarvan wrote: »
    This year the yearly fee stayed the same this year but as of 1st July they have raised the price of the black bin lift to €7.10.

Paying the same as that, with Panda before they took over from fingal.
    Generally an OK service but they missed my green bin last week and I had to ring them three times to get it collected. I was told it would be collected tuesday last week, then friday last week and finally it was collected on tuesday this week. The excue was the usual driver was on holiday and they couldn't find me :rolleyes:

At the start of the year when they took over from fingal they completed the hat trick of missing my black, brown and green bins within the first 6 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭N17er

I'm paying €110 annual and €8.75 per black bin lift for Panda to spill litter in front of my house (bin NOT overflowing, at least not my bin) and leave my neighbours bins blocking my driveway. Shoddy service.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

Jimdagym wrote: »
    I'm with Panda years and they jacked up our fee's when they took over fingal. Don't think ours are lower than anyone else's.
    sgarvan wrote: »
    I am with Panda for a few years now. Initially it was €88 a year for the bins and €6.40 a lift on the balck bin.

I can see the yearly fee raising to €110 from next year to be inline with ex Fingal customers.

We paid our yearly fee in advance early plus an additional 6 mths and as a result locked in the prices from pre-Fingal. We still pay €88 a year charge and €6.40 per lift and will continue to do so until June or maybe July 2013

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭ann0

panda went to lift my bin yesterday and the bin got stuck.thry drove of with it sticking out.i called panda and told them wat happened.they wouldent listen just kept saying that dosent happpen..very cheeky arrogant people.i told the girl id be calling up tomorrow to have a nice little chat with her.and im going up.i also recorded the call which will tell how cheeky she was.wouldent let me get a word in edge ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

ann0 wrote: »
    panda went to lift my bin yesterday and the bin got stuck.thry drove of with it sticking out.i called panda and told them wat happened.they wouldent listen just kept saying that dosent happpen..very cheeky arrogant people.i told the girl id be calling up tomorrow to have a nice little chat with her.and im going up.i also recorded the call which will tell how cheeky she was.wouldent let me get a word in edge ways.

Did you tell her you were recording the call?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭ann0

yep told her. i told her straightaway that i was recording the call.she continued to be the most obnoxious person ive ever heard.i got a call today from panda.saying how sorry they were for the misunderstanding.and the girl in question has got a warning.they told me i dont have to pay the annual fee for the yr and i can have 1 free lift a month.someone must have been listening in on that call i made.
    bin tags plus annual fees are scandolous

• Registered Users Posts: 4 smurf73

I was just adding up my amount of bills that I have paid to panda so far this year 2012 and i havent got the final bill in yet. Generally im only putting out the black bin every 4 weeks and using the brown and green bin loads. So the total is nearly 300 euro. I nearly died have to say so Ive logged onto citybin and registered to get them into lusk area as they have a deal for 99 for a year but they are not yet in my area, hopefully they will come soon as I just cant afford this bill again this year on top of everything else. Also of course i contacted revenue to get the form to get tax relief on bins and to be told that they no longer give tax relief since jan 1st 2012.....screwed.....its no wonder people are throwing their rubbish at the side of roads I wouldnt do this but can appreciate that people do!!

I don't disbelieve that you paid €300, but if you did you must have been putting the black bin out more often than once every 4 weeks (every 4 weeks is 13 times per year @ €8.75 per black lift = €113.75 + €110 yearly fee = €223.75) still a lot I know, but I find that if I am really strict with myself regarding seperating my rubbish and making full use of the brown and green bins, my need for black collections are much lower. I have even bought a smaller second 'brown' bin and for times like Christmas where the bin fills quickly, I will put it in the second bin and wait til the next collection rather than use the black bin. Also, if you have extra green bin stuff after Christmas contact Panda and they will send out clear bags which you can fill and they will take them in addition to the green bin - they did this last year, so I'm guessing they will do the same this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,834 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I put my black bin out for collection maybe once every 18 months on average but my green bin is packed whe it goes out every 2 weeks. Any suggestions for a more competitive provider in Dun Laoghaire area?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,662 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

cormie wrote: »
    I put my black bin out for collection maybe once every 18 months on average but my green bin is packed whe it goes out every 2 weeks. Any suggestions for a more competitive provider in Dun Laoghaire area?
    You may be better off asking that question in the Dublin County South Forum

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭dereks

Since i've been with Panda the annual charge has gone from €88 to €110 and 6.40 a lift to 8.70 a lift.

Some price hike. Once there is a monopoly in Fingal they are going to keep jacking up the prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭coolhandluke

smurf73 wrote: »
    . Also of course i contacted revenue to get the form to get tax relief on bins and to be told that they no longer give tax relief since jan 1st 2012.....!!

Is that definitely the case, because I was going to claim myself in the new year ?

Is that definitely the case, because I was going to claim myself in the new year ?

According to this they can only be claimed up to end of year 2011 as the previous poster mentioned.
    http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/it/credits/service-charges.html

Advertisement