Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panda Waste - Issues with Service

Options
  • 29-05-2011 10:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I live in Swords and I Decided to change over to panda from the council after one of their leaflets came through the door explaining how good they are.

Fair enough they are cheaper than the council, (same price though as operators in area, only found this out from a neighbour despite their assertions).

I signed up three weeks ago and I still haven't received my new bins, or got the old ones taken away. They told me max 10 working days and now my bins are overflowing with rubbish attracting all sorts of creatures (because they said there was no need to put them out again if you get waste collected every two week by the council, because they would be there within ten days). I rang on Friday and in fairness the girl in the office was lovely but they said they have someone in the area on Friday that would sort this out, guess what, still the same bins here, only with more black bags beside them.

I mean how hard is it to deliver a couple of new bins, given they have gone 7 working days over when they said they would come surely they could have organised something for me on Friday.

Very disappointed with the service, not off to a good start!!! They should give a number of them awards back because they don't deserve them. At least Fingal Council called when they said they would

<Mod adjustment to thread title>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭northdubgal

I got my Panda bins delivered the very next day and haven't had a problem with them ever since. They took away the Fingal ones for me after Fingal refused to collect their own bins when I told them I was using Panda...

I've had nothing but excellent service from them. They always collect no matter what the weather where as Fingal would cancel without any notice..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

I also have had flawless service from Panda. Even out in the snow last winter. Plus, they always take the odd bit of waste left beside the bin that might not fit in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

I got my Panda bins delivered the very next day and haven't had a problem with them ever since. They took away the Fingal ones for me after Fingal refused to collect their own bins when I told them I was using Panda...

I've had nothing but excellent service from them. They always collect no matter what the weather where as Fingal would cancel without any notice..

I think their service is great. They took my Fingal bins too, as Fingal wouldn't collect them.

Their customer service over the phone is great, and when I had problems in the past (missed collection) they sent someone out the following day to get my bins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭Peckham

They've worked pretty well for me since switching about 6 weeks ago. The only problem I've had is trying to claim my refund from Fingal as I paid them for a full year upfront. I rang Panda, and asked them to send out the form that I was told was necessary, but no sign of it.

Anyone know if I just write to Fingal will they give me the refund I'm entitled to?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,764 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Based on the number of replies so far I suggest a thread title change to "Panda Waste - 80% Useful". :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I am with panda at the moment there service is perfect. However i am changing to oxigen because they have offered a better deal.

I guess its just down to geographical areas....

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

They were very slow delivering our bins (well past the 10 working days). My wife phoned them and gave them grief and they gave us a bunch of free lifts as a result. Haven't had a days trouble with them since. As a bonus, they don't come at a poxy hour in the morning so if you forget to put your bins out the night before you're not bailing out of bed and running when you hear the beeep beeep as the truck reverses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Peckham wrote: »
    Anyone know if I just write to Fingal will they give me the refund I'm entitled to?

No don't think so. It used to be this way but Fingal have changed the process now so Panda have to provide you a letter confirming all the details. I suspect to make the switching process a little more painful. :rolleyes:

When I switched to Panda I sent in such a letter and it was returned stating I needed a specific letter from my provider listing all the details. After a couple of weeks Panda provided it to me as it was a change in process so they had to agree it internally also. Sent the letter in and a few weeks later got a refund cheque in the post from Fingal. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,420 ✭✭✭RedXIV

They were good for us two. moved into a new place and found about 8 or 9 bin bags of rubbish in the shed and panda took the whole lot for us last week. Nothing but praise for them at the moment :)

I've amended the thread title, as based on the feedback it would be unfair to the company for this to be popping up in search results.

If the OP has an issue with the thread title change they should PM me about it.

HB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭PaulD77

Have to agree with everyone else. I think they provide a great service and good value too.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Another happy panda customer here. Was cheapest service in my area definitely at the time of signing up. Also in the Dun Laoghaire area they also accept glass and small electrical items, extremely handy!

The only issue I ever had is I didn't get a timetable once, but these are readily available on the website so no issues there at all.

They also provide a big bag for recyclables at Christmas for all the extra wrapping paper and boxes people have.

Because I never use the black bin - I recycle and compost 99% of my waste, the black bin hadn't been put out in over a year, I decided to ring up asking if I got a prize for a joke and they gave me the next 12 months lifts for the price of 11 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭DubArk

I have to be honest; I had a night mare with them when I signed up to their service at the beginning of the New Year. I waited weeks for them to collect my bins and replace the new ones but I put it down to the fact they probably were inundated with new customers and gave them the benefit of doubt. I only requested a 6 month contract on line but they took a whole years payment. They have missed my bins twice since, so I have had to call them on numerous occasions top sort out their teething problems (In my case). I prefer the invoice V the bin tag and as of late I’m happy that I am with them. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SeaSide

Khannie wrote: »
    As a bonus, they don't come at a poxy hour in the morning so if you forget to put your bins out the night before you're not bailing out of bed and running when you hear the beeep beeep as the truck reverses.

Thats because the b'tards are over here at seven in the morning with me chasing them down the street in PJs with a wheelie bin in each hand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mrsdunne

For those doubting Thomas', word may be cheap, but pictures speak a thousand words, three weeks my bin has been like this, I ad to move the black bins inside the house because, furry vermin were being attracted.

1zcmgr4.jpg

In an effort to bring this thread back on-track without banning anyone I've removed a number of posts including previous mod warnings. Here's the final warning - next person to go off-topic, get personal or bicker wins a holiday courtesy of the mods.

HB

mrsdunne wrote: »
    For those doubting Thomas', word may be cheap, but pictures speak a thousand words, three weeks my bin has been like this, I ad to move the black bins inside the house because, furry vermin were being attracted.

Why don't you just put the bins for Fingal to collect in the mean time? You have already paid your annual green/brown charge so are entitiled and for the sake of another tag your black bin can be emptied.

That is what I did, as even when Panda delivered my new bins they had to come back for my old ones as they were full at the time and the collection truck cannot deal with that. So there is a bit of a transition period which should not result in you not having your bins emptied as you are covered by both providers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mrsdunne

eddiem74 wrote: »
    Why don't you just put the bins for Fingal to collect in the mean time? You have already paid your annual green/brown charge so are entitiled and for the sake of another tag your black bin can be emptied.

That is what I did, as even when Panda delivered my new bins they had to come back for my old ones as they were full at the time and the collection truck cannot deal with that. So there is a bit of a transition period which should not result in you not having your bins emptied as you are covered by both providers.

Thanks Eddiem, the only problem is, I didn't think I could leave the bins out again to the council as the annual fee is being clawed back. I probably would have put them out anyway though only panda said they would collect them with whatever waste was in them (which at the time of the call, they were only 1/5 full)

They are mean't to be calling today with the new bins finally, so it will be interesting to see if they will take the council ones with the waste in them like they promised

mrsdunne wrote: »
    Thanks Eddiem, the only problem is, I didn't think I could leave the bins out again to the council as the annual fee is being clawed back. I probably would have put them out anyway though only panda said they would collect them with whatever waste was in them (which at the time of the call, they were only 1/5 full)

They are mean't to be calling today with the new bins finally, so it will be interesting to see if they will take the council ones with the waste in them like they promised

Yes you can leave the bins out again as the council still covers you until you officially start using Panda, in fact if panda didn't collect the bins you could use both, who would really know. :)

The clawback from the council will be based on a letter from Panda from when you start using the service, not when you signed up. Either way the council guys collecting will never have that level of information, once you put your bins out they will be collected.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Harpic

Panda are not really that good to be honest--They are terrible for dropping litter themselves and never pick up rubbish from overflowing bins

• Advertisement

Harpic wrote: »
    Panda are not really that good to be honest--They are terrible for dropping litter themselves and never pick up rubbish from overflowing bins

Are they supposed too? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Are they supposed too? :confused:

Absolutely not. Bins shouldn't be overflowing when put out. Simple really.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Harpic

Thats my argument--they ignore overflowing bins--Panda should be telling the residents not to----When Panda are emptying the bins,they ignore what doesnt make into the truck..

In all honesty - residents should know not to over-fill their bins. This is usually made clear on literature sent to customers by the service provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Have to say We get a decent service from them and it can be fairly early for some people before 8am I dont see that as a negative thats their hours..

Only isues I have with them is they can be messy if something spills out of the bin when they are loading it they dont always pick it up, just let it blow away and not from bins that overpacked just paper stuff.

They quite often leave bins closer to the white lines on the road than the kerbside. They also leave them right in the middle of gates and people have to get out of their cars and move them and thats not nit picking it happens on busy roads when it would be just as easy to put it to one side. I have seen this in Rush and Skerries.

But all in all a few months in I think it a pretty decent service but not any better than Fingal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

LeoB wrote: »
    They also leave them right in the middle of gates and people have to get out of their cars and move them

This has only recently started happening to me in Rush.
    No big deal really, just a little annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

SeaSide wrote: »
    Thats because the b'tards are over here at seven in the morning with me chasing them down the street in PJs with a wheelie bin in each hand

• Registered Users Posts: 2 IRISH HAMMER

Hi all , Just found out that our neighbours pay far less than us for same service , phoned up Panda they said no way !! told them i have copy of the invoice in front of me ... still no joy .Then told them i am cancelling and to take their bins away, they want 1 months payment to do so , we have no signed contract . we are switching to oxigen its a better deal for us we only put bins out once a month . regards ..I H

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

People who were with Panda before they took over Fingal's service pay less than those who just recently changed over (because they had to due to fingal giving the contract to Panda)

• Advertisement

Little Ted wrote: »
    People who were with Panda before they took over Fingal's service pay less than those who just recently changed over (because they had to due to fingal giving the contract to Panda)

I'm with Panda years and they jacked up our fee's when they took over fingal. Don't think ours are lower than anyone else's.

Advertisement