Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ahhh Lewis, why why why?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

Pauleta wrote: »
    He is Vettel's only rival this year. What do people prefer? false modesty or honesty
    Don't mind honesty, but everything is someone's fault with him. "Massa steered into me on purpose" "why did ye (the team) ruin my qualifying/race?" "who made that dreadful call?" *waves fist at driver who won't stop and wave him by*.
    Shut your face and get on with it, that's my message to him.
    All this BS in every interview "I'm the only one who pushes the team, I'm always pushing them... saying when is this ready or I need that for this race"... If I worked for McLaren I'd tell the gobsh!te to f**k off, it'll be ready when it's ready, I work for Whitmarsh, not you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

lol at this interveiw on bbc proves how big a knob he is

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Hamilton is pissed off: "Maybe it's coz I is black?"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

Yep, this interview rams home my point! Everyone else's fault but his.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Pauleta wrote: »
    He is Vettel's only rival this year. What do people prefer? false modesty or honesty

I'd prefer if he'd shut up and do what he seems to think he can do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,264 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

To succeed in f1, you have to be selfish, arrogant and a c*ck.

I agree to a point but the way hamilton pins all the mistakes publically on the team is sickening to be honest. Who made that call etc as if he is personally going to have them sacked. Thats no way for a millionaire driver to be behaving towards hard working team members.

Schmacher at his most arrogant Im sure was prettyforceful behind closed doors but I think he had the sense to know that everyone is trying their best and when something turns out to be a wrong call, you have to live with it.

Why doesnt hamilton make the call if he can see that they are making a clearly stupid call?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,287 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

The only joke i could see today was his driving, might as well have been throwing his toys out of the pram.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,264 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

robinph wrote: »
    Hamilton is pissed off: "Maybe it's coz I is black?"

Ive no red button today. I thought you were joking with the black comment.
    Ficus wrote: »
    All you ever wanted to know about lewis is in this interview in my opinion.

What a f*cking prize dick. Personally, I think he should be ****ed out of the team. Nobody else could use that black comment and I think for him to say that is disgusting. He should be ashamed of himself this evening. Good interview, she kept drawing him, knowing he was talking himself deeper into ****. Then making his own team out to be amatuers when Im sure there is mre to it that he says.

mickdw wrote: »
    Ive no red button today. I thought you were joking with the black comment.

It was meant as a sarcastic comment but I don't think there's any place for that kind of stuff. He'll probably get another reprimand along with the one he already has and possibly another.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

Jesus, he was joking. Some people just love to hate Lewis.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

I liked the interview. It's great to see the drivers speak their mind.

There are those who dislike Lewis and will take whatever he says and use it as ammunition against him, good or bad.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Sheeps wrote: »
    Jesus, he was joking. Some people just love to hate Lewis.

Yep, he was definitely joking. That is not how that line will now be re-spun though.

He was a bit "fighty" today as Brundle would put it. But was it really much different to what DiResta was doing, or Schumaker, or Massa was about to do on Webber when Hamilton did the same to Massa?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭rua1972

I ROFL watching his interview with Lee. His overtaking moves were a bit optimistic to say the least, so why blame the other driver?
    I can stand him a lot better since his WC. But if it's not going your way you have to accept it a get on to the next race. Not put the blame on everyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ger.taxi

hi
    being following f1 for many years now, i remember f1 cars in the park, so i see it from another point off veiw, lewis made a mistake today, going into the hairpin? sometimes one has to take stock? and wait his turn, it was plain to all he tried to bully massa?

as far as his comments go, well it is not doing his image any good, he is a super driver but at the monent his quest to get the title is fading, he needs to relax and focus , and not to be in such a rush, pulling the racist card will not do his image anygood?

he needs to relise the sport is bigger than him??

cheers
    gerry

• Registered Users Posts: 30,033 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Hamilton has gone and "made peace" with the stewards after what he said in the earlier interview
    Lewis Hamilton has "made peace" with the Monaco stewards after launching a blistering attack against them in the wake of a penalty-hit race.

Hamilton received two drive-through penalties relating to separate incidents with Ferrari's Felipe Massa and Pastor Maldonado in his Williams.

Immediately after the race, after a visit to the stewards regarding the crash with Maldonado, Hamilton vented his emotions as he said: "It's an absolute frickin' joke.

"I've been to see the stewards five times out of six this season."

Asked as to why he felt the stewards, with British sportscar driver Allan McNish on the four-man panel, were picking on him, Hamilton retorted: "Maybe it's because I'm black."

Hamilton then added, as if to make light of his previous remark: "That's what Ali G says", referring to the fictional television character portrayed by Sacha Baron Cohen.

However, in an attempt to ensure the racial reference was not blown out of proportion, and as McLaren attempted damage limitation, the 26-year-old opted to revisit the stewards to clear the air.

Hamilton said: "I've been to the stewards to make peace.

"What I said was a bit of a joke, which wasn't funny at the time.

"I made them aware that when emotions are high, and it's very intense at the end of those kind of races, you don't always say the right thing, and the joke didn't come at the most appropriate time.

"So I went there, made that clear to them, we've made our peace.

"They accepted my explanation, they understood. They said: 'We've all competed before and we understand the passion, where you are coming from'.

"They said that the sports they've been in, they've been angry at referees or said things they didn't mean, so they understood it.

"We all shook hands afterwards. They said it was a tough weekend, let's move on, and they all wished me well for the season."

By way of further explanation, Hamilton added: "I'm passionate. I drove my heart out.

"The weekend was tough. It started out perfectly, and I finished the race, but only just.

"I feel like I've had everything thrown at me, and I've managed to catch it and deal with it the best I could."

Motor sport's world governing body, the FIA, could have opted to have hit Hamilton with a charge of bringing the sport into disrepute.

That will not now be the case as Hamilton added: "They said at the end that they would make sure other people in the FIA understand.

"They said that for anybody who has heard it and misunderstood, that they'll clarify it with them and it won't go any further than the meeting room."

Asked whether he wished he had never made the racial accusation, Hamilton added: "Should I have said it, should I not?

"Like I said I was trying to be funny, but it wasn't funny. You're not always right when you're trying to be funny.

"Sometimes you really put your foot in it and you offend people, and I did not really set out to offend anyone. It was said at the wrong time."

Hamilton's first penalty, for causing a collision with Massa as he made an attempt to pass on the inside at Loews Hairpin, saw the McLaren ace relegated two places from seventh to ninth at the time.

The second, which came as Maldonado manoeuvred around the outside at the first corner Ste Devote and resulted in the Venezuelan rookie crashing into a barrier, was served retrospectively after the race.

Twenty seconds were added to Hamilton's elapsed time, although it made no difference to his finishing position of sixth.
    http://www.planetf1.com/driver/3213/6958735/Hamilton-clears-the-air-with-stewards

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackdog2

I don't particularly care about the humour aspect of his comments, but his team comments yesterday, then the stewards/other drivers comments today, make me think that he should make a move to booking a track for himself to have fun on(Though he would probably blame the barrier for jumping out in front of him :P)

On a more serious note, he is running out of people to blame. The team must be getting tired of this, will he make a move to join Alonso in a Ferrari?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,033 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Trouble is last week he has great race, still the only driver other than Vettel to win a race this year, just had a bad weekend and needs to be a bit smarter about how he deals with bad results. With strategy playing a bigger roll this year very easy for team to get caught out with tyre management

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackdog2

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    And be Alonso`s teammate again? No chance!

Actually, lets hope not. Would love for Schumi to beat him to the championship in equal machinery before being put out to stud

one can only dream....

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ratedR

The more I've watched this and read about it, and I kinda hate myself for this, I kinda respect Hamilton..

Vettel running away with the championship is CLEARLY pi$$ing him off, like its pi$$ing the rest of us off. Himself, and probably Alonso if the Ferrari is working well are the only drivers (in my opinion) that can catch Vettel. He's getting annoyed that 6 races in, the championship is all but wrapped up.

Hamilton is an agressive driver. To pharaphrase Senna, he's goes for the gap. Yeah his moves on Moldonado and Massa were questionable. But it's nice to see him fighting, and then wearing his heart on his sleeve afterwards. I'm sure on reflection he regretted saying most of it to the World. But to be fair, racing drivers always have an excuse, and very rarely take the blame unless it was 100% obvious that it was their fault. He does need to stop blaming everyone though.

The "because I is black" comment made me chuckle. Lets be honest, he's about as black as Sacha Barron Cohen. He's a wannabe gangster. Read his tweets in comparison to how he speaks when he's on Vodafone McLaren Mercedes time to see what I mean. It was a silly joke though. Humour obviously isnt his strong point. He really wasnt playing the race card.

I do admire his passion. He wants to win so badly. Of course when he starts to win again I'll start hating him. But thats the norm in F1, right ? :D

For a big man he's got a great touch... for a big man. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

All the greats are, Hamilton,Vettel,schumi,alonso.

The almost greats-webber,jenson,barrichello,dc.

To succeed in f1, you have to be selfish, arrogant and a c*ck.

To a point yes, but I don't ever remember Vettel, Alonso or even Schuey comparing themselves to Senna or Prost.

Advertisement