Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ahhh Lewis, why why why?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Maybe so but he isn't too far away from the truth. Realistically, no one else stands a chance the way things are going. Webber just isn't fast enough, although its a long way to go yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,287 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

OSI wrote: »
    I take it you don't follow much sport no?

Smack talk is an integral part of any sport and just makes it even more entertaining.

And tbh, he's not exactly wrong. The only car that comes close to the Red Bull is the McLaren, and Button just isn't consistent enough lately.

Smack talk? this is F1, not WWE or boxing.

The article has that ring of the comment he made a couple of weeks ago saying Alonso was his Prost, making him Senna.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,504 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Lewis is not far wrong in his comments to be fair..
    he is the Hunter and Vettel is the Hunted at the moment. I really don't see it any other way.. Do you?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Classic Hubris Hamilton.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

OSI wrote: »
    I take it you don't follow much sport no?

Smack talk is an integral part of any sport and just makes it even more entertaining.

And tbh, he's not exactly wrong. The only car that comes close to the Red Bull is the McLaren, and Button just isn't consistent enough lately.

Nothing to do with smack talk, the guy is just an arrogant unlikeable pr*ck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭andyman

Once again, unnecessary defamatory comments on the F1 board.

What's wrong with what Lewis said? He's 100% right. There's one thing being arrogant but if you can back it up (like Lewis can) then I fail to see the issue...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

smooch71 wrote: »

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 11,287 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

vectra wrote: »
    Lewis is not far wrong in his comments to be fair..
    he is the Hunter and Vettel is the Hunted at the moment. I really don't see it any other way.. Do you?

I see it as every driver chasing him, not just Lewis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Hamilton's Prost is a bit behind alright. :pac:

Gintonious wrote: »
    I see it as every driver chasing him, not just Lewis.

LOL
    As if most (IF NOT ALL ) Have any hope of catching him at the moment.
    if you took the time to think about my post you would have read into that.

Lewis is best positioned to beat him.. he is snapping at Vettel's heels..Who else has done that this season?

• Advertisement

LOL
    As if most (IF NOT ALL ) Have any hope of catching him at the moment.
    if you took the time to think about my post you would have read into that.

Lewis is best positioned to beat him.. he is snapping at Vettel's heels..Who else has done that this season?

I don't expect Hamilton to be as clear in 2nd place after this weekend as he is now. You can point to results or points and Hamilton doesn't look so far ahead of the rest where it matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Lewis is best positioned to beat finish behind him.. he is snapping at Vettel's heels..Who else has done that this season?

FYP

He was only second last week because Ferrari got ahead of themselves and thought they were racing Red Bull and Alonso held Webber up. Vettel would have finished miles ahead and Webber would have been second if Alonso didn't have the amazing start. Last week he said he would be first by turn one and went backwards at the start! So we will see if he can back this weeks statement up on the track!

amacachi wrote: »
    I don't expect Hamilton to be as clear in 2nd place after this weekend as he is now. You can point to results or points and Hamilton doesn't look so far ahead of the rest where it matters.
    EvilMonkey wrote: »
    FYP

He was only second last week because Ferrari got ahead of themselves and thought they were racing Red Bull and Alonso held Webber up. Vettel would have finished miles ahead and Webber would have been second if Alonso didn't have the amazing start. Last week he said he would be first by turn one and went backwards at the start! So we will see if he can back this weeks statement up on the track!

Guys
    I dont know where you are looking but from where I am sitting looking at the races Hamilton is the only one (currently) able to challenge.

Like him or hate him.
    I personally don't really like him but he is the hunter right now.

Lets see how this week and Canada turns out.

I'm looking at the fact that he's only 10 ahead of Webber and 16 ahead of Button and is due a rush of blood in the next race or two.

Well from where i am sitting no one is able to challenge him, and Webber is the only one with a car to do it in right now. McLaren have a bit to go to give Hamilton a platform and Ferrari need to get their act together.

I'm looking at the fact that he's only 10 ahead of Webber and 16 ahead of Button and is due a rush of blood in the next race or two.

Titles have been won and lost with a 1 point difference.
    That make 10 points look like Light years

But hey,
    I am not defending Hamilton.
    I am only saying what I am seeing.
    The only challenger out there right now

But hey,
    I am not defending Hamilton.
    I am only saying what I am seeing.
    The only challenger out there right now

I am aware of how the points work, and that people have overturned such margins in the final race. My point is that it's more than possible that after this weekend Hamilton may not be the best of the monkeys at the back any more. Would he still be the only one who could chase Vettel then or would it be whoever happened to be second in the standings then.

IF 10 is light years what's 40+?

I am aware of how the points work, and that people have overturned such margins in the final race. My point is that it's more than possible that after this weekend Hamilton may not be the best of the monkeys at the back any more. Would he still be the only one who could chase Vettel then or would it be whoever happened to be second in the standings then.

While it is also possible that Vettel may lose out through a strategy error and Hamilton could win.
    Where does that leave your theory?
    Vettel is not invincible you know.
    Nor is his car bulletproof.
    IF 10 is light years what's 40+?

Old ?? :D

While it is also possible that Vettel may lose out through a strategy error and Hamilton could win.
    Where does that leave your theory?
    Vettel is not invincible you know.
    Nor is his car bulletproof.

Pretty much intact since that's my point, that he isn't the only one in with a chance of challenging. Well, IF he can challenge then there's 2-3 others who can as well because it's still close behind Vettel.

• Advertisement

Pretty much intact since that's my point, that he isn't the only one in with a chance of challenging. Well, IF he can challenge then there's 2-3 others who can as well because it's still close behind Vettel.

But as I said.
    Hamilton is the only one putting up a challenge at the moment.
    Webber has the same equipment as Vettel.. Why is he not running 1st or 2nd?

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    People talk about Hamilton's ability to overtake but sure didn't he DNF two weekends in a row last season? If he bins it then his 2nd position wont look too strong!

Very true
    As did Vettel take out Webber last season which was a DNF through his own error.

So, Anything can and possibly will happen.
    But as I have already said..Hamilton is being the hunter at present. I know they are all chasing but none as close as Hamilton..

Wasn't able to handle the pressure of a single lap run :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,033 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Wasn't able to handle the pressure of a single lap run :)

His interview after explained it though...

Apparently he said the team let him down

I am sure that Sebastian (Vettel) will walk away with it - it’s as simple as that

Another reason to hope Button wins tomorrow :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭James Hunt

I've always considered Lewis to be bizarrely immature; but a brilliant steering wheel attendant at the same time.

He'll never keep up with his mouth, but it's great watching him try, genuinely.

Top racer, but not the only challenger to Vettel.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Joeyjoejoe83

Ficus wrote: »
    Absolute classic lewis here, dont blame me trick.
    The team, infact any F1 team spend millions on the best personal, would regularly do 18 hour days traveling all over the globe and being away from their family for near half the year. And to blame everything on them, well i guess that smacks or arrogance and i dont think it will be too long until they tire of his antics, i know i have.

Yeah but let's not complicate things here, the car isn't as fast as the red bulls, the drivers have little input now due to testing restrictions,in fact their input in pre season testing probably helped turn what was looking like a complete dog into a front runner...you have to say the car not matching the red bull is the teams fault,but in fairness, red bull are in another league in quali,I see that gone with the new exhaust heating restrictions and the mclaren fightback will begin!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Joeyjoejoe83

smooch71 wrote: »

All the greats are, Hamilton,Vettel,schumi,alonso.

The almost greats-webber,jenson,barrichello,dc.

To succeed in f1, you have to be selfish, arrogant and a c*ck.

Yeah but let's not complicate things here, the car isn't as fast as the red bulls, the drivers have little input now due to testing restrictions,in fact their input in pre season testing probably helped turn what was looking like a complete dog into a front runner...you have to say the car not matching the red bull is the teams fault,but in fairness, red bull are in another league in quali,I see that gone with the new exhaust heating restrictions and the mclaren fightback will begin!
    I may be completely wrong here but I don't get the impression with Vettel nor Hamilton that they're great developers. I used to think Alfonso was but he's taking his time with Ferrari. :pac:
    All the greats are, Hamilton,Vettel,schumi,alonso.

The almost greats-webber,jenson,barrichello,dc.

To succeed in f1, you have to be selfish, arrogant and a c*ck.
    I know I sound like a broken record here but I would have Button pretty close to Hamilton over the last couple of years especially and I certainly wouldn't put Button in the same group as Barrichello. Rubens spent years as a whipping boy for Schumacher, got very well beaten by Button and this year a rookie is keeping up with him no problem.
    Also while I'll admit (and insist) that whoever wins the drivers' championship deserves it each year, last year there was so little between the top 5 that I don't see how someone could say any of them are at a different level to each other. While Button finished 5th, he and Hamilton were more evenly matched than the standings suggested. If in Belgium for example had Vettel not had a brain fart the top 4 stayed as they were there would have been just 3 points seperating them. It's a lot of "if"'s I admit, but I honestly don't see why Button isn't thought of in that top bracket of drivers at the moment.

Anyway, even though it would go against a lot of what I've said over the last while, I wouldn't mind seeing Hamilton do well today. Firstly it's important for keeping the championship close and secondly I'm looking forward to seeing how the strategy pans out today.

Anyway, even though it would go against a lot of what I've said over the last while, I wouldn't mind seeing Hamilton do well today. Firstly it's important for keeping the championship close and secondly I'm looking forward to seeing how the strategy pans out today.

I'm with you there :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

He is Vettel's only rival this year. What do people prefer? false modesty or honesty

Advertisement