Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russell Hobbs kettle €10 in Tesco

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

ch750536 wrote: »
    As mentioned before this is the noisiest kettle on the market, be warned.

Pah!

So you dont remember the kettle that whistles when its boiling ? ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

0lddog wrote: »
    Pah!

So you dont remember the kettle that whistles when its boiling ? ;)

I had one of those, the dog would always start barking right before it would start to whistle.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

None in Clearwater. :(

All sold out as they were the best in the world at getting rid of limescale.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

stacexD wrote: »
    Got one in Midleton a while ago they had loads left, maybe 15 or 20 and they were marked as 39.99

Thanks for posting this, picked one up earlier. Thought they didn't have any at first but then looked up and there were loads on the top of the shelves.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭doniem

Can't find any sign of them in Midleton, their all scanning at full price

• Advertisement

doniem wrote: »
    Can't find any sign of them in Midleton, their all scanning at full price

If you live nearby, take another look. They are in the first aisle (where the TVs/electronics/home electricals are), opposite the self scan checkouts. Easily missed as they are on top of the shelving, marked at €39.99 At least 10 there when I left so I doubt they were all gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭doniem

Spot on got them after all, thanks for pointing that out mate I must be half blind

• Registered Users Posts: 16,524 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

cheers OP

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭flyandrain

went to my local tesco. there are 4 or 5 of those with marked price 39.99. how much does it cost really?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 HumpM

I got one yesterday in Midleton for €10 :cool: still a number of them left

• Advertisement

flyandrain wrote: »
    went to my local tesco. there are 4 or 5 of those with marked price 39.99. how much does it cost really?:confused:
    €10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 zicobabe

plenty of the Geneva type kettle in tesco Maynooth...marked 39.99 but scans at the till €10..bought 3 at the weekend and still plenty stocks..just lettin ya all know

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

zicobabe wrote: »
    plenty of the Geneva type kettle in tesco Maynooth...marked 39.99 but scans at the till €10..bought 3 at the weekend and still plenty stocks..just lettin ya all know

still some left in maynooth as i just picked one up about half an hour ago - marked at 39.99 but scan for the tenner!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭proulx

All Scanned at normal price in Ballinasloe-need a good kettle too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭WebGeek

Thanks OP - One I'll be checking out later.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

bazwaldo wrote: »
    Picked up this one for €9.50 in Clarehall. No price on shelf so took over to price checker. I couldn't remember what the OP looked like and took a chance and got lucky.

SS11210-1730TPS877294.jpg

Is this one also loud??

I want to get a new one because my current one is louder than our TV's max volume setting...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Bill-e wrote: »
    Is this one also loud??

I want to get a new one because my current one is louder than our TV's max volume setting...

I wouldn't call it loud at all. Definitely quieter than the kettle it replaced which wasn't loud either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Bill-e wrote: »
    Is this one also loud??

Keep the kettle in the kitchen, and the tv in the sitting room. Sorted!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 141 ✭✭moomooman

The catch on the lid broke within a week of purchase, and that was at full price.

Very loud also.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

I'd love 3 kettles:D

• Advertisement

nightster1 wrote: »
    I'd love 3 kettles:D

You would be in your element.

You would be in your element.

LOL

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

phill106 wrote: »
    Keep the kettle in the kitchen, and the tv in the sitting room. Sorted!

Some people live in apartments which have a kitchen just off or part of the sitting room.

just back from tesco in Dundrum, the marked price is 42.95 euro now. and it is 42.95 euro in checkout as well. no bargains at all.:confused:

flyandrain wrote: »
    just back from tesco in Dundrum, the marked price is 42.95 euro now. and it is 42.95 euro in checkout as well. no bargains at all.:confused:

Think that is a different model.

Think that is a different model.

it was 39.95 on Sunday, and then has been changed to 42.95 on Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 zicobabe

I'd love 3 kettles......................went back into Tesco Maynooth yesterday evening as my sister wanted one....on first glance all the geneva kettles were all gone.....but obviously somebody was squirrelling them away..when i looked up on the very top shelf there was a couple left because they were hidden right on the top at the very back :) hidden behind the other russell hobbs brand kettles..if you were less than 6ft you wouldnt see them..so i duly got one and passed through the checkout with me tenner :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

apparently there are still some in tesco extra naas, like the other store there are way up high!!

I'm sure its not the best ketlle, but get value for a tenner and warranty cover..

W.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

so i duly got one and passed through the checkout with me tenner :):)
    You probably should have left the tenner behind!

It is what it's.

• Advertisement

I'd love 3 kettles......................went back into Tesco Maynooth yesterday evening as my sister wanted one....on first glance all the geneva kettles were all gone.....but obviously somebody was squirrelling them away..when i looked up on the very top shelf there was a couple left because they were hidden right on the top at the very back :) hidden behind the other russell hobbs brand kettles..if you were less than 6ft you wouldnt see them..so i duly got one and passed through the checkout with me tenner :):)

kettleitus:- an obsession with kettles

Advertisement