Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russell Hobbs kettle €10 in Tesco

Options
  • 26-05-2011 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭

Got the Russell Hobbs Geneva Kettle in Tesco last night reduced from €39.99 to €10. Brushed stainless steel, and "illuminates blue" when boiling.
    Spout a bit narrow for my tap but i'll live with it.

prodDetailMainT?$prodDetailMain$&$prod_img=A002P_SP309_10_PJ03V

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

Nice one! Will do as the mother's bday present til I get her something better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Ooh I need a new kettle - will check it out today

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Got the Russell Hobbs Geneva Kettle in Tesco last night reduced from €39.99 to €10. Brushed stainless steel, and "illuminates blue" when boiling.
    Spout a bit narrow for my tap but i'll live with it.

Think the spout is for filtering the limescale from water coming OUT of the kettle.. Lift lid to fill.. ;)

DANG! I just bought very similar model from Argos a few days ago, reduced to €38.99 from €79.99. There couldn't be that much of a difference between kettles.. Could there?
    ARGOS LINK

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭karkar athlete

Hi just wondering what store did you get it in and was there many left?? thanks:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Allyall wrote: »
    Think the spout is for filtering the limescale from water coming OUT of the kettle.. Lift lid to fill.. ;)

DANG! I just bought very similar model from Argos a few days ago, reduced to €38.99 from €79.99. There couldn't be that much of a difference between kettles.. Could there?
    ARGOS LINK

I always use the spout as I live in a hard water area - so it filters the limescale going in too;).
    One of the reasons I got a "back up kettle". The current one is 10months old and even with regular descaling it still has a large amount of limescale in it - so if it failed for whatever reason I doubt the retailer would entertain me as it looks as if it hasn't been looked after.

• Advertisement

Hi just wondering what store did you get it in and was there many left?? thanks:D

Got it in the Drogheda store - there was about 5 left yesterday about 5pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,325 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I always use the spout as I live in a hard water area - so it filters the limescale going in too;).

Is that not self-defeating?

I mean when you eventually pour yourself a cup of tea....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Just got a new kitchen so need a new kettle & toaster (old ones are about 8 years old & only cost about €10 each when we got them). None in Tesco Merrion anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Hard water/soft water
    woa2.jpg

noodler wrote: »
    Is that not self-defeating?

I mean when you eventually pour yourself a cup of tea....

Not really - I tend to rinse out the kettle a good bit because of our hard water. For a while we used to fill a jug from the water filter to fill the kettle:D but the water filters are expensive.

We have looked into getting the purification system put in at the tank but that costs a fortune as well..upwards of €5K:eek:

A cheap €10 kettle every year will do me fine!

• Advertisement

Oral Slang wrote: »
    Just got a new kitchen so need a new kettle & toaster (old ones are about 8 years old & only cost about €10 each when we got them). None in Tesco Merrion anyway.

They actually had the matching 4 slice toasters reduced to €19 and there were loads of them left. You might need to try a store like Dundrum - from memory they have a good range there.

Oh cool - a toaster & kettle would be great. My o/h keeps on pointing out kettles & toasters for €50 & €60 each, so this would be great.
    I'll be passing Tesco Rathfarnham on my way home, so will have a check there. Otherwise I'll go to the square this evening & see if they have them. Hopefully a store that big may have stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭TriStar6

Oral Slang wrote: »
    Oh cool - a toaster & kettle would be great. My o/h keeps on pointing out kettles & toasters for €50 & €60 each, so this would be great.
    I'll be passing Tesco Rathfarnham on my way home, so will have a check there. Otherwise I'll go to the square this evening & see if they have them. Hopefully a store that big may have stock.

The kettle is not in the square...please post if they are in rathfarnham

My drive home took an extra 45 mins, but can confirm that there are none in Dundrum, Nutgrove & Rathfarnham. Glad you found out there are none in the Square either, couldn't face another Tesco tonight! If anyone sees them in Dublin, can they post where please!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sundodger5

plenty in Castlebar but not reduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

sundodger5 wrote: »
    plenty in Castlebar but not reduced.

Probably are €10 at the till

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

Got one for €14 in Ardkeen, Waterford this afternoon. 1 left at about 3pm.
    nice kettle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

None in Claremorris store

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sundodger5

ShaneU wrote: »
    Probably are €10 at the till

Scanned it on the barcode reader came up at 29.99

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Off Topic: For limescale, boil neat vinegar for 5 minutes in kettle once a week. Will keep it sparkly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

None in Mahon or Douglas:( They had a russell hobs 2 slice toaster down from €60ish to €16 in Douglas though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Picked up this one for €9.50 in Clarehall. No price on shelf so took over to price checker. I couldn't remember what the OP looked like and took a chance and got lucky.

SS11210-1730TPS877294.jpg

does it have a concealed element?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

does it have a concealed element?

My one does. Don't know about the OPs one.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

None in Clearwater. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

couldnt find it in crescent or coonagh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

We got one aswell, thanks OP

It's a noisy bastard though ain't it, but for a 10er I won't complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭stacexD

Got one in Midleton a while ago they had loads left, maybe 15 or 20 and they were marked as 39.99

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

None in Ashbourne

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

As mentioned before this is the noisiest kettle on the market, be warned.

Advertisement