Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Capitol Punishment Pre-PPV thread - *Spoiler included*

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

last PPV i remember that ended up falling victims to 2/3 matches been changed was great american bash 2006 but don't think that was concussion based

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Dr.Evil

I hope Ziggler takes the US Title off Kingston.
    I don't like Barrett with the IC Title but I don't want it near Zeke. I dislike him..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

Charisteas wrote: »
    Was there really any doubt that this match would go ahead?

Yes, yes there was.

It is a different world when it comes to concussions. No one is being told to suck it up anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

drayme wrote: »
    Yes, yes there was.

It is a different world when it comes to concussions. No one is being told to suck it up anymore.

Personally I don't buy it, I think it was all for publicity.

Personally I don't buy it, I think it was all for publicity.

Huh?

• Advertisement

Huh?

I don't think Orton was ever going to pull out of this match.

The fact that WWE publicised the fact that they may pull one of their wrestlers from the card because he has a concussion could have just been a positive-attention-seeking stunt to show the media and sponsors that the health and wellness of their talent is more important than a PPV match for the WHC (which I don't believe Vince thinks it is).

jmolloy wrote: »
    last PPV i remember that ended up falling victims to 2/3 matches been changed was great american bash 2006 but don't think that was concussion based

I seem to remember a PPV where 2 or 3 matches had to be re-arranged die to the suspension of some wrestlers who failed a wellness policy test, think that was in 2007 though.

I think I misunderstood what you were initially saying. We are actually on similar wave lengths.

Anyway IMPACT tests are apparently easy to beat and WWE has pressured doctors in the past.

I think I misunderstood what you were initially saying. We are actually on similar wave lengths.

Yeah we're both know-it-all smarks :pac:

Anyway IMPACT tests are apparently easy to beat and WWE has pressured doctors in the past.

How does the IMPACT test work exactly?

How does the IMPACT test work exactly?

you make them watch impact and if they claim to understand everything going on they are obviously not fit to compete

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

jmolloy wrote: »
    you make them watch impact and if they claim to understand everything going on they are obviously not fit to compete

badum.jpg

This yoke:
    65268362599719768.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

badum.jpg

You.. Stole!!
    untitled.JPG?1303251517

This is a pretty good card for such a run of the mill ppv. WWE must be trying to step up their game since OTL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Just wondering are many of you going ordering/buying this. I'm not, just don't think wwe have done enough to earn another €23.Should be a good card but all the matches i'd look forward to i've seen before.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Just wondering are many of you going ordering/buying this. I'm not, just don't think wwe have done enough to earn another €23.Should be a good card but all the matches i'd look forward to i've seen before.

i'm intrigued by how riley gets on in an actual match and how r truth does in the main event but will probably have get a stream instead of coughing up. I have major issues with sky's pricing for ppv's no way does 14.95 translate to what they charge us

I'm ordering it but then I'm an idiotic sap who still orders every ppv out of a loyalty to WWE :/

Creative Recall has a blog up predicting the PPV results. He tends to be pretty much spot on when he does these things so spoilers ahoy...

http://creativerecall.wordpress.com/2011/06/19/predicting-wwe-capitol-punishment/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

GTR63 wrote: »

ya i cant decide over this ppv either, i know i will be disappointed as soon as i order it! think i will keep my 23 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

R-Truth is a main eventer these days?

Last time I watched him wrestle was in TNA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    R-Truth is a main eventer these days?

Last time I watched him wrestle was in TNA.
    He's amazing these days man.

Completely transformation, very enjoyable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    He's amazing these days man.

Completely transformation, very enjoyable.
    Good to hear! I always regarded him as a poor mans booker t. Might get this PPV(by get I mean watch online), been watching a ton of WCW lately and have gotten back into the groove. (Benoit killed it for me for a long time)

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    been watching a ton of WCW lately and have gotten back into the groove. (Benoit killed it for me for a long time)

You might be interested to know that the new DVD 'WCW - The very best of WCW Nitro' was released last week. I plan on watching it myself in the next few days.

Which is the least likely and which is the most likely to happen at the PPV tonight;

• The show starts with a rendition of America the Beautiful or the USA national anthem.
    • R-Truth wins the gold.
    • We see an Barack Obama look-a-like in a backstage skit.
    • Batista makes his return to WWE in his home city.

Batista makes his return to WWE in his home city.

OH, that reminds me....

*Runs off to twitter to make monthly Batista return prediction*

Batista isnt returning as he wrestles on Smackdown as "Sin Cara"

batistat.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Batista isnt returning as he wrestles on Smackdown as "Sin Cara"

batistat.jpg
    Christ he looks old there, and where did the hair come from!?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement