Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Capitol Punishment Pre-PPV thread - *Spoiler included*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

How can WWE use Obama to advertise a PPV?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Liking that promo poster. Best I've seen since in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

DM-ICE wrote: »
    How can WWE use Obama to advertise a PPV?

Just a guess, but the fact that it's a cartoon drawing and not a photograph may mean that WWE have sidestepped any laws.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Charisteas wrote: »
    Just a guess, but the fact that it's a cartoon drawing and not a photograph may mean that WWE have sidestepped any laws.
    Nah, they were showing clips of Obama himself on Raw, fake interview questions with Real Obama answers.

I'm sure he gave them the go ahead, anything to increase votes for his re-election I'm sure, keep everyone happy and all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Nah, they were showing clips of Obama himself on Raw, fake interview questions with Real Obama answers.

I'm sure he gave them the go ahead, anything to increase votes for his re-election I'm sure, keep everyone happy and all that.

Wrong

It was a parody which is protected under free speech.

Images of the President are also probably public domain too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,868 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Source

WWE officials have been discussing a cage match main event for either the WWE Title or the World Heavyweight Title at next month's Capitol Punishment pay-per-view from Washington, DC.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Source

WWE officials have been discussing a cage match main event for either the WWE Title or the World Heavyweight Title at next month's Capitol Punishment pay-per-view from Washington, DC.

Gonna put my neck on the line and say a cage match with R-Truth and Cena with JoMo making some sort of Spiderman like re-appearance using the cage!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

After Raw went off the air last night, the Raw GM announced that with R-Truth earning a victory over John Cena on Monday Night Raw, he has earned a shot at the WWE Championship at the Capitol Punishment PPV on Sunday, June 19. However, this announcement came under one condition. R-Truth must apologize for his actions on Raw last night next week.

View the video here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Sky Box Office? They must be expecting big money from this then.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Sky Box Office? They must be expecting big money from this then.

LOL

at least it's not Cena/Miz and Cole/Lawler for the fourth time in a row...Although we could all do with Christian/Orton again :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

jaykhunter wrote: »
    at least it's not Cena/Miz and Cole/Lawler for the fourth time in a row...Although we could all do with Christian/Orton again :)

Cena/Truth isn't going to be much better.

Cena/Truth isn't going to be much better.

"shut up lil jimmy!" :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

I swear if they play that damn press conference again...:mad:

WE GET IT!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

When Kevin Dunn like his promotionals, he likes to get em played as much as possible. My money is on it actually opening the show as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

I swear if they play that damn press conference again...:mad:

WE GET IT!

I want Lawler's magical powers - being able to project your dreams onto TV screens across the world :p

I want Lawler's magical powers - being able to project your dreams onto TV screens across the world :p

So he was the one who dreamt that Stephanie and HHH dreamt that McMahon was in the hospital with Fred from Scooby Doo? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Has anyone mentioned the Capitol Punishment/Capitol Hill reference as in the latter is home to the US Congress etc? Saw a couple of folk wondering about the spelling, I'm thinking that's the reasoning with the Obama promos etc.

Source

At tonight's WWE Smackdown tapings, Christian challenged Randy Orton for a shot at the World Heavyweight Championship at Capitol Punishment Pay Per View, and Orton accepted. Here is the updated card coming out of tonight's WWE Smackdown tapings:

WWE Title Match
    R-Truth vs. John Cena

World Heavyweight Championship
    Christian vs. Randy Orton

Alex Riley vs. The Miz

An angle is booked between Big Show and Alberto Del Rio for next week's three-hour RAW, likely to set up a match between the two at Capitol Punishment

Zeke vs. Wade for the IC Title was announced on SD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

The sooner they get the IC title off of Wade the better,but hopefully not to big Zeke,maybe onto a certain American Dragon instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

The sooner they get the IC title off of Wade the better,but hopefully not to big Zeke,maybe onto a certain American Dragon instead!

I'd be very surprised if Zeke doesn't win the title on this show.

Same here. Zeke will have his Ahmed Johnson 1996 KOTR moment.

How many IC title matches has he had against Wade so far 2 or 3?

I am finding it a very boring feud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Same here. Zeke will have his Ahmed Johnson 1996 KOTR moment.

Couldn't agree with you more.They even wear the same colour thights.Jaysus did Over the Limit really do 65k buys,**** sake wwe.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Couldn't agree with you more.They even wear the same colour thights.Jaysus did Over the Limit really do 65k buys,**** sake wwe.

Haha my brother made the same comment watching Smackdown today. Vince obviously likes muscular black men in small red tights :pac:

WWE Championship: John Cena (c) Vs. R-Truth

World Heavyweight Championship: Randy Orton (c) Vs. Christian

The Miz Vs. Alex Riley

Intercontinental Championship: Wade Barrett (c) Vs. Ezekiel Jackson

Alberto Del Rio Vs. Big Show

CM Punk Vs. Rey Mysterio

United States Championship: Kofi Kingston (c) Vs. Dolph Ziggler (with Vickie Guerrero)

Not sure if this is ancient news, but UPC customers can order WWE PPV's online now. http://www.upc.ie/television/ppvevent/

Randy Orton commented on his Twitter account on the status of his concussion:

"About to take an Impact test. It will determine if I can be cleared to fight Christian, after receiving a concussion. Wish me luck."

"Passed the IMPACT test."

Since Orton has passed the IMPACT test the World Heavyweight Championship match against Christian at Capitol Punishment is on.

• Advertisement

Was there really any doubt that this match would go ahead? I don't seem to remember any WWE match being cancelled/postponed at the last minute because one of the guys had a concussion, but I wait to be stood corrected.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement