Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IMPORTANT NEWS RE PRESIDENTIAL VISIT

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

And a good landing it was too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

That was awesome! Just watch AF1 land. Got a great video, I'll try and upload it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,092 ✭✭✭championc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uqwdUgvsXs

Not a great vid but will keep you going for now. How do you embed a youtube video into a post ?

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭Wats_in_a_name

Anyone know what time he's flying out tomorrow? Devastated there were clouds today and I couldn't catch a glimps.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

The eagle has landed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 cavanman112

Is it just me, or is it real cloak and dagger stuff with the Radio silence @ EIDW !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

championc wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uqwdUgvsXs

Not a great vid but will keep you going for now. How do you embed a youtube video into a post ?

Nicely captured. Shows us how windy it really is up there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Thought Eamonn Gilmore was gonna try hitch a ride!

Chinooks already in the air, 5 miles south of airfield

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

Anyone know what time he's flying out tomorrow? Devastated there were clouds today and I couldn't catch a glimps.

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Benster

Yep, Chinooks landing in Phoenix park again, 1 Chinook and 2 Blackhawks (I think) flying southside again. Same routes as the flyovers last week, must have been a dry run at that point.

ATC DUBLIN - "the detail has landed in the Phoenix Park" !! The detail no less !

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Conchir

A few shots I took:
    5749757125_a17df81645_z.jpg

5750304216_423cb9e222_z.jpg
    5750302416_fcf45055b5_z.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

It looks a bit weird in the photos/video with the paint scheme against the gloomy grey sky. The top half of the plane being a bit invisible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,092 ✭✭✭championc

I should have consulted the FAQ in the first place !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

there is a live video feed from cbs here, it showed the helis taking off at Dublin and landing in the park. I assume they will show them taking off and heading for Moneygall. It is currently showing footage from the space shuttle.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭pearljamfan

will i be able to spot anything in naas at all now? or am i too far south?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

there is a live video feed from cbs here, it showed the helis taking off at Dublin and landing in the park. I assume they will show them taking off and heading for Moneygall. It is currently showing footage from the space shuttle.

Not a wise move heading for Offaly in a helicopter if the weather keeps up like it has been. Very heavy rain and very high wind speeds. Was having enough trouble with cross-winds driving!

will i be able to spot anything in naas at all now? or am i too far south?

If it flies in a straight line from the park to Moneygall, you might be slightly too far south in Naas.

But not much.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭pearljamfan

ah thanks, ill keep an eye out anyway, just in case. i didnt realise it was so close!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Took this from the mail online:
    article-1389934-0C38425C00000578-713_634x335.jpg
    She is one nice lookin' bird!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭jim69

what time will they pass lucan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Is the TV coverage in real time or time delayed? (Leave out the minor time delay due to transmission)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Heres a few .

dsc5419v.jpg
    dsc5424.jpg
    dsc5429.jpg
    dsc5431x.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

+1

+2

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

OBAMA IS LEAVING TONIGHT .19.30 ..

you heard it here first.

Source ?

Lapin wrote: »
    Source ?

cant say ;)

• Advertisement

OBAMA IS LEAVING TONIGHT .19.30 ..

you heard it here first.
    cant say wink.gif

Source or GTFO :D Thought he was staying at the Merrion Hotel and legging it to London tomorrow morning ?

Advertisement