Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

England vs Sri Lanka

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭SD7792

They're now saying is hit off another bat and rebounded into the window, smashing it.

You'd think with him being a keeper and everything he'd be able to judge the bounce a bit better :P

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,601 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Just watching the highlights from the 1st day of the final test at the Rose Bowl. It's been heavily rain affected, and England have taken advantage of the very favourable bowling conditions after winning the toss

One ball from Broad swung one way and then the other after going past the batsman, causing Prior all sorts of problems

Close of play score after a dominating performance from England - Sri Lanka 84-4 after 38 overs

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Conchir

Ooh, that's not a great start from Sri Lanka. I turned it on around 3 and highlights of England v Australia from around 10 years ago were on. Did they play on and off, or did they start and then the rain stopped play for the rest of the day?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,601 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Conchir wrote: »
    Ooh, that's not a great start from Sri Lanka. I turned it on around 3 and highlights of England v Australia from around 10 years ago were on. Did they play on and off, or did they start and then the rain stopped play for the rest of the day?
    I think there were 2 rain interruptions - the evening session was the longest (20 overs)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

So much for Strausy's decision to concentrate on test cricket only.....he can't seem to be able score a run against the Lankans

Whilst he is too good a batsman to keep falling to the lefties, Zaheer Khan will be itching to bowl to him later this summer;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭xxtattyberxx

didnt get to watch the match but was getting updatses through out the day, by the sounds of it the rain was more interesting than the actual cricket being played? was the preformance bad?

Hopefully the England v India tests will be a bit more competitive than the absolute mismatch this series has been:(

Matt Prior breaking the window at Lords has to be the most exciting moment of this series:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

It has struck me that the recent retirements have completely hamstrung Sri Lanka.

Crying shame really.

292/4......SL are not safe yet but how they will be ruing the 2 hours of madness in Cardiff.....

Well played Sangakkara....a hundred in England at last

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Why the big hullaballuh over Jayasuriya being picked for the ODI series? I know he's as old as the hills, but when he his 78 today, why is there so much negativity surrounding his inclusion?

• Advertisement

Bizarre finish to the game today with Mathews blocking out maiden overs in the power play to get Chandimal to a 100:rolleyes:

Thought Jayawardene was in simply sublime touch today:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

booth70 wrote: »
    Bizarre finish to the game today with Mathews blocking out maiden overs in the power play to get Chandimal to a 100:rolleyes:

Thought Jayawardene was in simply sublime touch today:)

I turned it on as that was happening. It was only later when he hit the six that I realised Chandimal was in the 90's. It was still very bizarre though - the run where Chandimal jogs 3/4 way down the wicket for a handy single and Matthews turned him back was especially weird.

England still look well off the pace in the one-day game.

Advertisement