Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The best sleep you had?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

OPENROAD wrote: »
    I actually have a recurring dream about doing exactly that, I wake up late and I wonder if I should go into work for the last hour :D

The way I look at it is,if I miss the first hour,im staying in bed :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

OPENROAD wrote: »
    So you missed work? :p

Yeah but i was alright, they were short of staff so they could hardly fire me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Whenever I take my diazepam I usually am knocked out for at least 10 hours,cant take it tonight cos I've been drinkng,which will send me to sleep anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

a couple years back i asked a chemist in patong beach thailand for something for the flight home as it´s 13H & 40min,he gave me little blue and yellow pills,take one of each he said,which i did as we taxied on the runway,the next thing i remember is wakeing up on the ground in heathrow,with my seat still back and wrapped in a blanket,i was asleep for 13 hours straight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Worked nights for a long time and many mad shifts like 6am-2pm or the dreaded 4pm to 12am

Definitely have done the whole arrive back from the night shift, wake up at 11am and freak out and throw on your clothes as you think it's 11pm
    You see the alarm clock and you panic when you mix up your am or pm. If it's dark in winter it's pretty understandable

Best sleep ever, worked 27 nights in a row as a night porter. Tbh, probably illegal to work like this but anyway.
    Slept 16 hours straight on my first day off.

Used to finish work in Dublin city centre, get the Luas to Black Horse around 6pm and the amount of times I woke up in Tallaght!
    Give me two minutes on public transport and I'm asleep. Also missed my Bus Eireann stops in Nenagh and woke up in Limerick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

a couple years back i asked a chemist in patong beach thailand for something for the flight home as it´s 13H & 40min,he gave me little blue and yellow pills,take one of each he said,which i did as we taxied on the runway,the next thing i remember is wakeing up on the ground in heathrow,with my seat still back and wrapped in a blanket,i was asleep for 13 hours straight.

They sell them blue ones over the counter in Thailand and i have taken a good few of them over the years,they do work i was knocked out on a flight home too after two of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭unknownlegend

Worked nights for a long time and many mad shifts like 6am-2pm or the dreaded 4pm to 12am

Definitely have done the whole arrive back from the night shift, wake up at 11am and freak out and throw on your clothes as you think it's 11pm
    You see the alarm clock and you panic when you mix up your am or pm. If it's dark in winter it's pretty understandable

Best sleep ever, worked 27 nights in a row as a night porter. Tbh, probably illegal to work like this but anyway.
    Slept 16 hours straight on my first day off.

Used to finish work in Dublin city centre, get the Luas to Black Horse around 6pm and the amount of times I woke up in Tallaght!
    Give me two minutes on public transport and I'm asleep. Also missed my Bus Eireann stops in Nenagh and woke up in Limerick.

You're right about the public transport sleeping, somehow it's unnaturally easy to fall asleep on a bus/luas, moving unpredictable, head bobbing against window and surrounded by strangers!

Some of the most satisfying naps were had on the old 10 db, usually followed by the sudden head jolt, le sly wipage of dribble and the "im disoriented but pretending not to be" face.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

I always drift off to sleep within a few mins of putting the head down. People are often jealous.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭good logs...

the last 5 mins are all ways the best:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Last night I went to bed at 23:30 and I was asleep in about 20 mins,I woke up at 9am to got to the toilet and went back to bed and woke up again at 12oclock.So i slept for just about 12 hours,the reason was I work shifts in a factory and I finished at 6am on Friday morning but I had a few things to do during the morning so I didn't bother going back to bed and I was awake since 1 o'clock on Thursday,as you can imagine I was wrecked going to bed.

Although that wasnt my best sleep,last year I came home from holidays and it was a long flight and I went to bed at 9pm and didn't wake up till 11 o'clock the next morning,that was my best sleep that I can remember.

So what was your best sleep,now I mean straight sleep,not the amount of time you have spent in bed,just sleeping :)

Halfway through reading that OP :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

Moved into a new place recently, and dunno what is is about it but I have never slept so good in my life. Usually takes me a week or so to settle in new surroundings, but the first night there I was out like a light at about 11pm. 2pm the next day I woke up!!Bizarre, because I never sleep in but I felt amazing the next day.

Felt like an idiot the other day tho. Went for an early snooze at about 7pm because I'd had a really long day, up at 4am. Was in work at 9 the next morning. Woke up at 8.30 and freaked because I thought my alarm hadnt gone off. Jumped in the shower, put my uniform on and ran into the kitchen where my boyfriend was sitting looking at me like id ten heads. Turns out it was 8.30pm-I really thought it was the next morning because I felt so refreshed! Power naps are awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭tonto2010

Azureus wrote: »
    Moved into a new place recently, and dunno what is is about it but I have never slept so good in my life. Usually takes me a week or so to settle in new surroundings, but the first night there I was out like a light at about 11pm. 2pm the next day I woke up!!Bizarre, because I never sleep in but I felt amazing the next day.

Felt like an idiot the other day tho. Went for an early snooze at about 7pm because I'd had a really long day, up at 4am. Was in work at 9 the next morning. Woke up at 8.30 and freaked because I thought my alarm hadnt gone off. Jumped in the shower, put my uniform on and ran into the kitchen where my boyfriend was sitting looking at me like id ten heads. Turns out it was 8.30pm-I really thought it was the next morning because I felt so refreshed! Power naps are awesome.

HaHaHa thats mental!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I love waking up at 7.30am on saturday and realising Iv no work today. Turn over then for another 6 hours sleep.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Came home from oxegen on a Monday and went to bed at 4 and slept til 9 the next morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

after the full moon party on koh phangan....slept for two days straight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

I was cleaning my room one evening. When it was time to go to bed the room was messier than when I hadstarted, there was too much crap on my bed so I slept on the floor on top of a load of clothes shoes books etc. It was the best night's sleep I ever had.
    Them hobos have it great.

Advertisement