Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entering into Formal Renunciation

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Asry

oh, and don't be worrying. This has really nothing to do with female altar servers :)

Plowman wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I can't though. As a baptised and confirmed Catholic, I would remain on the register forever. And I just don't want my name there.

I am currently embroiled with my parish as to whether or not I am permitted to attend World Youth Day. We shall see.

I will of course not act yet. I need time. I have read as much as I can on this subject already, for years. I never was one for quoting or anything like that, but I assure you, I am not basing my decisions on random articles I've found on the internet.

I do hope so. I would like to stay, to leave things as they are and continue. It would be the easy way. But this human experience is so far removed from the one I was taught about that I can see no correlation whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Keylem

Is this taunting? Are you trying to goad me back into the fold with superior sneers? Is that really what you think would be expected of you in the eyes of God?

I was just giving a word of caution as there are wolves in sheeps clothing out there (there are also a few in the CC) :)

ie, that anyone who's not Roman Catholic will always interpret the bible erroneously. I know that. As I said, yes, I know all this; stop treating me like I'm an uneducated child.

I apologise, that was not my intention!

After a good 15 years of struggling, resulting in eventual mental ill-health, I might add, I had to really take a look at my life and wonder if this is what God really would have wanted to me to do with his gift of life - end it.

We are all made in the image of God. I want to be equal. And in this world, with this hegemony, I will never be, despite what cloudy saccharine nets my retractors throw over me

The Church says that the State and the private individual may not treat the person with homosexual orientation unjustly. Nor may anyone deprive these individuals of the same rights that other people have: employment, housing, education, freedom of speech, freedom of religion, political expression and participation in the daily life of society.

As Catholics we are bound to spread the good news as handed down by the apostles, and that is what we try to do here, though sometimes we may appear to come across as holy-than-thou - believe me we are all sinners. :)

I will pray that you will overcome your struggles, and that the Holy Spirit will guide you.

God Bless.

Asry. When I first got married, I wanted so much to have chilren, then it turned out we couldn't have any naturally. I too had to struggle with Church teaching in regards IVF. I anguished over that, and yet wanted to be faithful to my Church. In the end we decided to adopt and prayed that we would be successful. (Not everyone is, for one reason or other.) Anyhow, we were, and now we have a beautiful son, who is now a young man, and I thank God for him. I personally know of Catholics who did use IVF, and would not judge them as I know first hand what anguish they had to go through.

Thank you Keylem. I apologise for my overly-defensive reaction last night; it's easy to misunderstand what people mean in text. The tone, I mean. I'm probably used to many Christians doing the whole holier-than-thou thing, and that would be colouring my reactions, unfairly on everyone else.

I know that the church has aceded that homosexual tendencies are possibly inherenet, but that they cannot be acted on. Love is love, you know? And in fairness, I know that people are supposed to be just and compassionate in regards to many things, but very few are in reality. In my own experience, I mean.

• Advertisement

That's okay Asry, I'm not much good at putting feelings to text at the best of times! :)

I'm saddened for the anguish you have to live with, and hope you will find a mutual peace with yourself and God eventually - Llfe is one looong struggle! :(

Keylem wrote: »
    That's okay Asry, I'm not much good at putting feelings to text at the best of times! :)

I'm saddened for the anguish you have to live with, and hope you will find a mutual peace with yourself and God eventually - Llfe is one looong struggle! :(

Tis yeah :) We just have to do the best we can with what we have, you know?

I got the go-ahead from the youth ministry in my parish to attend World Youth Day! I'm scoping out the prices and things now. This can only be a good thing, if I go :)

Advertisement