Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair Play Gardai

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I was out in Washington street in Cork to see HRH pass. The Gardai were polite, friendly, chatty and super professional. Even with the street closed off they were helping people around the road closures, and I saw them make special efforts to help one individual.
    I had my camera bag searched by a very polite sergeant, no bother at all.

Something happened down one of the side streets, the Public Order unit, mounted and dog units and uniformed officers took off and dealt with it. No impact whatsoever on the event itself.

Fair play to everyone involved, they made it possible for a really historic event to be enjoyable and accessible to everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

A nod also has to go to the AGS lads who spent the past few days rocking out with the EOD teams.

They were up to their eyeballs. Nice example of the DF and AGS capabilities while working together though.

Well done again lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

''Whose cops!!?'' ''Our streets!!''

D'oh!!

Advertisement