Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair Play Gardai

Options
  • 20-05-2011 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭

So the 4 day visit of the Queen is FINALLY over!

Well done to the Gardai on the security effort they pulled it off perfectly
    39 arrests over the 4 days and no interruptions to official proceedings at any stage!

Nice one lads, hopefully the quick stop by Obama on Monday will go as smoothly!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭ste88m

angelfire9 wrote: »

39 arrests over the 4 days and no interruptions to official proceedings at any stage!

+1 on that one... Good job done by all, and any I dealt with were extremely friendly and polite while going about their job despite the fact that most of them have been dragged up to Dublin from all parts of the country, and are doing minimum 12 hour shifts 'til Obama leaves... Fair play folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Had great craic with two lads stationed in Donegal but were up guarding the Naas Road yesterday when herself was passing by.

Fair play lads and ladies!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭lil-ms-vodka

Well done all involved, done us proud :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

I never post in here but on this occasion I have to say +1 on all above. Great job guys and girls, well done to all who were involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Id love to say well done! But a half well done cause i know the majority of the guards in the country are doing at least 12 hour shifts until Monday night and then ye'll all be knackered!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

The work has been amazing, I don't think I've heard one negative word. Fair play to all of you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

well done to every one of the ags, you all did a brilliant job.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

I completely agree. From what I am hearing about the organisation, planning, scrutiny, no-nonsense approach that was taken by all involved, A serious Well Done :)

Absolutely nothing but praise and all well deserved too. Crikey, even sky and bbc shouting praise about An Gárda Síochána and the no-nonsense approach that was taken and will be taken through to next-weeks' visit aswell.

A special Well Done to all the Garda Reserve members aswell, both attested and in-training membersthat were on-duty :)

Congrats everyone, Immense Pride.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭nobody3

angelfire9 wrote: »

Shame they couldn't have put the same effort into recovering my stolen car! Other than the tea (mine) and sympathy, they did f*ck all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

nobody3 wrote: »
    Shame they couldn't have put the same effort into recovering my stolen car! Other than the tea (mine) and sympathy, they did f*ck all :(
    It's not the guards fault your car was stolen, was it?

Anyway, back on topic. Nice to get so many positive comments. I'm now off to bed to catch up on sleep!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭nobody3

It's not the guards fault your car was stolen, was it?

Anyway, back on topic. Nice to get so many positive comments. I'm now off to bed to catch up on sleep!!!

Never said it was, but they told me where it would likely be found, 24 hours later the fire brigade had to put the fire out.

Crime is only a statistic, the gards aren't bothered unless its something big :(

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Michael Angelo.

Never said it was, but they told me where it would likely be found, 24 hours later the fire brigade had to put the fire out.

Crime is only a statistic, the gards aren't bothered unless its something big :(

tell a therapist not the internet. And it's G - U - A - R - D - S :p

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,932 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

nobody3 keep it on topic

An amazing amount of work put in by the Gardai over the last few days. They have shown that they are one of the best trained and best disciplined police forces in the world. The organisation at management level was first class apart from a few missing bottles of water and reliefs!!

Only a few minor scuffles with the usual low level criminals and tracksuit wearing drug addicts who hijacked peaceful protests from the likes of Eirigi and 32csm.

The public order unit showed they could finish anything that was started as soon as it happened.

Well done to all involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Newbie_2009

Well done - but I would liked to have seen them feral scumbags getting a good hiding.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

I bet most of the yobs featured in that video would fail a basic history test! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭McWotever

So they found it so.... so the world doesnt come to a stop because of your car... boo hoo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

I said it before and I'll say it again. The Public Order Unit are a credit to the force.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭andrew cross

its a pity it took 12 guards to search louise minihan,s car, so brave of them,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭Paulzx

Let me guess. She was on her way home from Woodies with a tin of red paint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Contra Proferentem

As I said on the other thread, well done to all involved. The approach worked excellently, of course a certain amount of trouble from feral youths or older individuals intent on causing damage was to be expected and it was dealt with appropriately but still with great humanity and restraint.
    She probably invited them to conduct the search so she could garner more attention for herself. I bet she had the Sky box on record at home to catch her few protest appearances on Sky News so she could watch them later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

eroo wrote: »
    I said it before and I'll say it again. The Public Order Unit are a credit to the force.

+1.

Thought it was amazing as the squirmish was ongoing on Dorset street i spotted another 6 public order unit vans driving about and in posiiton n the southside. Aswell as hundreds of guards standing around calm as day down there.

Also they didnt bother calling in the water canon, shows great skill and also how small the incident was really!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

As I sat reading the Herald Sun yesterday morning the Public order unit were in the middle section. Sat on some feral have to say they looked well.

Well done all round no embarrassing international incidents.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,803 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Have to add my voice to those who have praised the rank and file members and reserve members of AGS for putting in a very professional week's work in the face of the unknown.

You'll only come across situations like that a few times in your career, so much respect your way for approaching and handling each day as if it was just like any other. I could ramble on about specifics but there's no need. Anyone who knows anything about policing knows that this week was a brilliant example of what An Garda Síochána are capable of when they are given the tools, policing plan, and resources to execute an operation on the scale required this week.

Nice one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭swordofislam

<pic mod-snipped>
    Yeah they did a great job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Well done to the Public Order Unit.

As for them morons shouting scumbags at the Garda trying to arrest the 'save the earth heads'. On any other given day you wouldn't find them around that area ever.

In fact, I am sure there back up in Mayo at this stage cause more hassle for everyone. Costing the state millions as usual.

As for the folk shouting scumbags at the Garda. I'm sure there hard working member of society, costing the state nothing and paying there taxs, usually keeping there heads down. Just opposed too the fact of the Queen been in Ireland.

There moronic antics where shown too the max on the phoneshow on FM104. 2 examples;

One fella came on given out about her been in the Garden Of Remembrance, yet he didn't understand what the Garden was even about. Yet stating that today was the anniversary.

The second lad opposed to her been in Ireland because they still had 6 county's up North. Yet when this concerned person was asked by Adrian to name the 6 county's up North, he couldn't even name 1 !

Bloody fools. I'm from Dublin myself, but that non sense is embarrassing and I can see why people outside of Dublin can't stand us. We are not all like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jay-me

Fair play to the guards for keeping everything low key. The juvenile delinquents in their Sunday best are laughable. Wearing English soccer jerseys says it all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Excellent job. My two brothers are knackered but happy it all went well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

you mean this

i say fair play to them handling that like they did, under the pressure of a large group of people they kept cool and took no ****.

funny, i count no more than 5 members of AGS conducting that search

• Registered Users Posts: 3,488 ✭✭✭pah

I bet most of the yobs featured in that video would fail a basic history test! :pac:

basic spelling test I'd say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭Paulzx

weeder wrote: »
    you mean this

i say fair play to them handling that like they did, under the pressure of a large group of people they kept cool and took no ****.

funny, i count no more than 5 members of AGS conducting that search

"Lizzies cops" :D:D:D

Ye gotta love these Eirigi shams:p

Advertisement