Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8.4 Mag Earthquake in Libya covered up ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Talk E

"8.4 Mag Earthquake in Libya covered up ? "

It's not a conclusion, it's a question.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

brimal wrote: »
    Sometimes it is better to actually ask the source rather than jumping to ridiculous conspiracies such as somebody covering up an 8.4 magnitude earthquake :rolleyes:
    In fairness if it was a cover up that email would have come from whoever is covering it up! :D

Sometimes it is better to actually ask the source rather than jumping to ridiculous conspiracies such as somebody covering up an 8.4 magnitude earthquake :rolleyes:

I commend your ability to copy a letter that someone else received. Even though you have no way of knowing it's authenticity.

Great work, we should all take a leaf out of your book.

Detective brimal

http://ascendingstarseed.wordpress.com/2011/05/21/libya-large-8-4-magnitude-earthquake-officially-a-false-reading/

haha did you change the wording slightly so it would be harder to find ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

I read this thread. I emailed the source. I received this email. Simples. Do you want a screenshot? Do you want my email login details?

I guess it's much more fun to ignore the obvious though ;)

Here's the technical details of the email received.
    To: destinataires inconnus:;
    Subject: Libya M8.4
    Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 13:18:53 +0200
    User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; fr; rv:1.9.2.17) Gecko/20110414 Thunderbird/3.1.10

Dear Sir, Madam,

Talk E wrote: »
    I commend your ability to copy a letter that someone else received. Even though you have no way of knowing it's authenticity.

Great work, we should all take a leaf out of your book.

Detective brimal

BTW, why does almost every one of your posts have some sort of smart-arsery going on in it? Your comments reveal a terrible attitude.
    Talk E wrote: »
    aha did you change the wording slightly so it would be harder to find ?
    Or maybe it's a pre-written email that is sent to everyone due to the large amount of ppl asking about this data error. :confused:

This is smartarsey and arrogant and false. Like I said, it wasnt a conclusion, it was a question leading to a lighthearted interesting discussion. Several of us thought it was a strange situation.
    I read this thread. I emailed the source. I received this email. Simples. Do you want a screenshot? Do you want my email login details?

I guess it's much more fun to ignore the obvious though ;)
    Yes, it is at times. This thread was fun.

BTW, why does almost every one of your posts have some sort of smart-arsery going on in it? Your comments reveal a terrible attitude.

Smartarseyness begets Smartarseyness.

Don't dish it out then complain when you receive it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement