Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

Anyone watching operation transformation? I'm actually bawlin crying! Id love to feel like I have achieved what they have!! Think that's my major kick up the ass!!

when that girl was saying about getting dressed to go out and then saying "feck it" i feel too fat.... i am sat here almost cryin meself... i was exactly the same.... and i absolutely love her dress!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

ali85 wrote: »
    when that girl was saying about getting dressed to go out and then saying "feck it" i feel too fat.... i am sat here almost cryin meself... i was exactly the same.... and i absolutely love her dress!!! :D

Couldn't even count in 2 hands the amount of times I've lied to friends so I didn't have to fit into clothes to go out! And then sit in eating!! And then I feel worse!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Thanks Hun, I never buy anything for my house over 3 pts (like curly worleys or 15g popcorn) it's the biscuit tin in work
    I just can't avoid!! I wouldn't mind but I had an apple just b4 the binge today I wasnt even hungry!! Just going to put it behind me and try again tomorrow
    :) your right no point dwelling on it to much, that's where your weeklies will come in very handy, best attitude to have close the door on it and move on! hey may be hide some ww friendly snacks in work! :)
    Couldn't even count in 2 hands the amount of times I've lied to friends so I didn't have to fit into clothes to go out! And then sit in eating!! And then I feel worse!!

we are our own worst enemy's some times, so glad I am not in that place any more :)

Ali85 you will see that 1/2 pound next week! well done on this week weight loss though

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

Just made my malteaser cupcakes 4my friends bday@the weekend......not a single speck of malteaser passed my lips.....and im normaly the biggest picker when im in the kitchen!!! Making the nutella icing tomorrow will be tough tho :(

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

Hey All!

Didn't go to WI tonight. It was my birthday last weekend and to be fair I had a ball (not food related just everything!) but I knew that I would be up so I couldn't justify spending the money this evening to be told something I knew! I wouldn't recommend that peeps do that as I'm a firm believer in my meeting but I know the kind of person I am and I was back on track like a demon Monday, have been since and will have a good week. So if I STS next week I'll be grand. It's a psychological thing :)

Speaking of which, random thought but reading back through the last few pages (partying and not on internet :) ) I've noticed alot of peeps having a bad week, losing motivation etc. This is the 7/8 week mark from January/New Years Resolutions and apparently the hardest couple of weeks to keep the momentum going. So I wouldn't be beating yourselves up to anyone who is finding it a little hard, think about how far you have come and remember why you started......onwards, downwards and bumps in the road happen we just have to jump over them (hey it's exercise :) )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Anyone watching operation transformation? I'm actually bawlin crying! Id love to feel like I have achieved what they have!! Think that's my major kick up the ass!!

It was brilliant! Fair play to them all! Actually, 'fair play' is a bit of an understatement! :) Grace looked amazing, not sure about the hair though, some softer, looser waves would've been nicer. Kayleigh looked fab, although her hair was a bit 'Dr Eva'! Adrian scrubbed up very well :cool: and as for Killian, he's half the man he was! :eek: Natalie had a long journey, but got there in the end, well done to her!

And all you guys - well done on yer mighty losses this week!

Down 3 today myself, happy out! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Came across an interesting story in the news which had a link to a website stating that it is not as simple as eat less calories and burn more anymore. They have set up a simulator calculator on their website. I have worked out that 1PP is approximately 40 calories. Therefore my daily allowance would be around 1500 calories (33PP and 7PP of weeklies, as in if you used the weeklies shared over the week). Add in about 300 (just for even numbers) calories for fruit and veg (could be a bit more or less depending on what type of fruit/veg you eat and that would make a total daily allowance of 1800 calories.

The simulator told me I needed to eat 1500 calories a day and exercise for 3 and a half hours a week to get to my goal weight in 1 year (my goal weight being 9 stone 9lb, currently 15 stone 5lb). That would be an approximate loss of 1.5lb per week (80lb over 52 weeks).

Interesting stuff... Also shows me that if I stick with WW (which I will because I know it works), it is going to take much more than a year to get to my goal weight (seeing as I am not doing enough exercise and I eat an extra (approx) 300 calories a week more than I am supposed to and that is when I am supposed to be good), which is quite daunting.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mcb81

Just back from post New York weigh in - down 2lbs, absolutely delighted. Made good use of the gym in the hotel every morning and walked and walked during the day, so that obviously off set all the dining out. Only 7lbs from target now, at a pound a week I should be there by Easter!!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

mcb81 wrote: »
    Just back from post New York weigh in - down 2lbs, absolutely delighted. Made good use of the gym in the hotel every morning and walked and walked during the day, so that obviously off set all the dining out. Only 7lbs from target now, at a pound a week I should be there by Easter!!

I'd say u are delighted!!! Congrats!! :)

Get you! Well done! :D
    God, long for the day I'll be 7 away from my target :(

• Advertisement

Monife wrote: »
    Came across an interesting story in the news which had a link to a website stating that it is not as simple as eat less calories and burn more anymore. They have set up a simulator calculator on their website. I have worked out that 1PP is approximately 40 calories. Therefore my daily allowance would be around 1500 calories (33PP and 7PP of weeklies, as in if you used the weeklies shared over the week). Add in about 300 (just for even numbers) calories for fruit and veg (could be a bit more or less depending on what type of fruit/veg you eat and that would make a total daily allowance of 1800 calories.

The simulator told me I needed to eat 1500 calories a day and exercise for 3 and a half hours a week to get to my goal weight in 1 year (my goal weight being 9 stone 9lb, currently 15 stone 5lb). That would be an approximate loss of 1.5lb per week (80lb over 52 weeks).

Interesting stuff... Also shows me that if I stick with WW (which I will because I know it works), it is going to take much more than a year to get to my goal weight (seeing as I am not doing enough exercise and I eat an extra (approx) 300 calories a week more than I am supposed to and that is when I am supposed to be good), which is quite daunting.

HMMM interesting! are you going to try it!

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Operation Transformation was great they looked fab!!

Must say I'm very jealous that some of the girls lost what took me 6months in 8weeks :(

Going to see Dara O Brien tomorrow night in Castlebar, then to Tipp for the weekend via Roscommon its going to be a tough one food wise when i am at home i have no control of my food :(

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mcb81

twirlagig wrote: »
    Get you! Well done! :D
    God, long for the day I'll be 7 away from my target :(

Never thought 15 months ago I would be either, especially when I heard that typical weight loss was 0.5-2lbs a week. With 200lbs to loose, I almost lost heart there and then, but I found the propoints plan so easy to follow and worked my way up from 30 minutes exercise a day to being able to run 10kms, so keep heart and some day soon you'll be excited about your own impending goal achievement

Are weights any good or do any of ye use them? :confused:
    Don't want to end up like Jodie Marsh now or anything! :D Ha ha!
    But for your upper arms??.... Yes, the bingo wings! :o I'd say the last time I wore anything sleeveless was in school and that was a vest under my uniform!:eek:
    I was just looking at dumbbells in Argos - lots of different weights.... 1kg, 2kg, 3kg etc... Whats a good one to try? (weight-wise I mean, and I don't want anything that's so light it won't make any difference either) Tried using bottles of water but they're kind of hard to hold for a long time.

Sorry for long post, but this is one Summer that I'd love to (hopefully!) be able to wear something that's not a regular t-shirt! :D

Never thought 15 months ago I would be either, especially when I heard that typical weight loss was 0.5-2lbs a week. With 200lbs to loose, I almost lost heart there and then, but I found the propoints plan so easy to follow and worked my way up from 30 minutes exercise a day to being able to run 10kms, so keep heart and some day soon you'll be excited about your own impending goal achievement

Thanks mcb! Fingers crossed! 10km? That is fantastic!!! I wouldn't run from the nose as my late Dad used to say! :p
    God, I'd love to fast forward 6 months and read this thread and see how are we all doing!

Operation Transformation was great they looked fab!!

Must say I'm very jealous that some of the girls lost what took me 6months in 8weeks :(

Going to see Dara O Brien tomorrow night in Castlebar, then to Tipp for the weekend via Roscommon its going to be a tough one food wise when i am at home i have no control of my food :(

Who are ya telling Lisa!?!! God, my mother always has the loveliest dinners etc when I go home, gravy, lashings of buttery mash etc and she is skinny as a rake herself!! (I got my dad's genes!) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Who are ya telling Lisa!?!! God, my mother always has the loveliest dinners etc when I go home, gravy, lashings of buttery mash etc and she is skinny as a rake herself!! (I got my dad's genes!) :D

We have a birthday party saturday and its one of those things if i am not eating they will say im starving myself when up the country lol

WE will have dinner for lunch so bout 12pp gone by 1pm which leaves me neading another big meal in the evenings... there time schedule and my pp do not go well together!

But for your upper arms??.... Yes, the bingo wings! :o I'd say the last time I wore anything sleeveless was in school and that was a vest under my uniform!:eek:
    I was just looking at dumbbells in Argos - lots of different weights.... 1kg, 2kg, 3kg etc... Whats a good one to try? (weight-wise I mean, and I don't want anything that's so light it won't make any difference either) Tried using bottles of water but they're kind of hard to hold for a long time.

Sorry for long post, but this is one Summer that I'd love to (hopefully!) be able to wear something that's not a regular t-shirt! :D

You wont LOL us ladies need to take a lot of stuff to build muscle like muscle builders do! that would be serious weight lifting.

I use weights for toning! Ive lost inches so Im very happy with that :)

Baby75 wrote: »
    You wont LOL us ladies need to take a lot of stuff to build muscle like muscle builders do! that would be serious weight lifting.

I use weights for toning! Ive lost inches so Im very happy with that :)

How have your arms worked out Baby? They've been my most hated thing since, like forever!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭username2010

MaggieMay2 wrote: »
    Hey All!

Speaking of which, random thought but reading back through the last few pages (partying and not on internet :) ) I've noticed alot of peeps having a bad week, losing motivation etc. This is the 7/8 week mark from January/New Years Resolutions and apparently the hardest couple of weeks to keep the momentum going. So I wouldn't be beating yourselves up to anyone who is finding it a little hard, think about how far you have come and remember why you started......onwards, downwards and bumps in the road happen we just have to jump over them (hey it's exercise :) )

That's really interesting...I have to say that I'm finding this week really hard...
    I've lost 12lbs (1lb last week) and feeling good for it, but for some reason this week I feel starving and am craving junk so much!...
    Glad to hear I'm not alone and this is totally normal....

Hiya Twirlagig!...
    I use weights in the gym, and they are definitely toning up the arms...
    Not sure about the ones in Argos, but I figure every little helps....

Well done on all the losses folks!!....Onwards and Downwards....:D

• Advertisement

How have your arms worked out Baby? They've been my most hated thing since, like forever!! :mad:

You know I must measure them, they look slimmer! :) I found this on a quick search for exercises! http://www.regimes.hotexercise.com/aerobics/how-to-tone-those-flabby-upper-arms/

We have a birthday party saturday and its one of those things if i am not eating they will say im starving myself when up the country lol

WE will have dinner for lunch so bout 12pp gone by 1pm which leaves me neading another big meal in the evenings... there time schedule and my pp do not go well together!

Oh, sounds familiar ... 'Jesus, you have to eat, etc etc' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

On the use of weights..... Women dont bulk out because we dont have testosterone!!! Also doing any type of resistance training burns more calories over a longer period after you stop exercising and increases your metabolic rate, making your weightloss more efficient!! Iv been reading up on it latly because i want to get a bit more toned aswel, flatten out the tummy and tone up the flab on the arms 2!!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I was up a half today.

I know I wasn't the best this last week, I tracked but I wasn't weighing stuff. I ordered chinese but had chips (instead of noodles) and had too many things with my tea. On their own any one of these things wouldn't have had me up, but all together they did.

So this week I'm going to remind myself that it's only food and I'll get to eat every single day for the rest of my life so having that particular thing right now is not important.

I'm also going to weigh my food again.

So close to goal, there's no point in slowing down now.

Rawr!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Kellygalway

Thanks judyd, fingers crossed for tonight. Its so hard to get it off but sooo easy to put it on :(
    Try not to look at that as a 0.5 loss in one week - look at it as half a stone in 2 weeks which is AMAZING and you should be delighted with that. Sometimes when we have a big loss one week it takes our bodies a week to adjust to it.

I find it best to set the most realistic target for the week - aim for 1lb a week and anything extra is a bonus. I was disappointed my 2nd a third week but this is a long term thing, and the steadier the weight comes off the longer it will stay off :D Best of luck this week

Thanks tiny_penguin, thats a good way of looking at it! I was down just half pound again but leader said slow & steady is way to do it so i'm trying to think of it like that. This is a long term thing rather then quick fix.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Baby75 wrote: »
    HMMM interesting! are you going to try it!

I don't think I could stick to it for a year. It would mean exercising 5 times a week and not drinking any alcohol at the weekends or if I want alcohol, to eat nothing but fruit and salad during the day (and not even a huge amount of it).

Monife wrote: »
    I don't think I could stick to it for a year. It would mean exercising 5 times a week and not drinking any alcohol at the weekends or if I want alcohol, to eat nothing but fruit and salad during the day (and not even a huge amount of it).

Life for living eh, I would not stick it at all either :) that's why I like WW because its flexible

Is today WI good luck if it is, getting ready for mine FX I am down :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Ally1980

This is a poem our weight watchers leader read out to us last night which I found hit home for me a bit and thought it might for some of you might find helpful too:
    Chapter One
    I walk down the street.
    There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
    I fall in.
    I am lost…I am helpless.
    It isn’t my fault.
    It takes forever to find a way out.
    Chapter Two
    I walk down the street.
    I pretend that I don’t see it.
    I fall in again.
    I can’t believe I am in this same place.
    But, it isn’t my fault.
    It still takes a long time to get out.
    Chapter Three
    I walk down the same street.
    There is a deep whole in the sidewalk.
    I see it is there.
    I still fall in…it’s a habit…but,
    My eyes are open
    I know where I am
    It is my fault.
    I get out immediately,
    Chapter Four
    I walk down the same street.
    I walk around it.
    Chapter Five
    I walk down another street.

Had a loss of 1lb last night which was over two weeks so not great but least it's down so am pleased with that. Hopefully we will soon start to see some brighter weather and can get out and about and earn ourselves some activity points! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭ladysaint

Hi guys,

Just a quick one, quite a basic question but it has me confused.

I always through last yr when pro points came out that 29 pp was the lowest daily allowance. Then this yr I thought the 26pp was kind of a kickstart and if you wanted to drop to 26 you could but 29 was still the standard lowest pp allowance.

Then last night I looked at the screen when I was getting weighed 28 was flashing & I said to my leader am I on 28 now and she said yes. I was on 30 after xmas then went down to 29 but I thought I would stay on 29 that it didn't drop any lower.

Can anyone confirm?

I know I shouldn't refer to the old points system but the one thing that was easier on it was that as you went down out of a stone ie from 13's to 12's you went down a point ( I'm giving away the fact in attending WW a long tome ;) )

Thanks all & sorry for the long post & to everyone losing motivation keep it going, it's a mountain but its worth climbing for the view :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

Morning ladies (and the few gents out there ;) )

Had a lie in this morning, (the wonders of flexi time :) ) As I think it was Monife or Baby75... not sure (memory like a sieve!) I just had WI no. 7 and am starting on week 8... I am absolutely exhausted!!!

Anyone else finding they are really tired all the time?? I exercise each evening (aside from Wednesday and maybe a Saturday...) Maybe its just the 7/8 week slump but im going to bed early and still struggling to get up in the mornings....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement