Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin eSports Event - June 24th-26th- CANCELLED

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

Yeah im In !:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭EmSixTeen

ayjayirl wrote: »
    15 is fair-ish. 10 would be better imho.

Inferno is 15 but with 5 going to venue.

Just a thought..... :)
    So a larger prize pot despite paying the same amount of money. Good in my eyes. :)

The entry payments for this event are going to have to be pre-paid, by the way. This is to keep the event legit with the college and sponsors, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

EmSixTeen wrote: »
    The entry payments for this event are going to have to be pre-paid, by the way. This is to keep the event legit with the college and sponsors, etc.

How does one go about pre-paying?

I'll post up the details at some point in the next couple days, but essentially just PayPal as all funds for the different tournaments need to go through the same account, then e-mail me with the details. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

So a larger prize pot despite paying the same amount of money. Good in my eyes. :)

realistically most people don't have a chance of winning that money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

realistically most people don't have a chance of winning that money.

No one has a chance...... I'm feeling lucky. GH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

So are many people going to this or are people burned out after evo quals? Is payment still by paypal. I can pay for a couple of people if im going.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

AJ and I are 100% going, I'd appreciate if you could paypal me up.

Payment is cash on attendance now - No PayPal prepay. :)

Still going ahead. I need attendance numbers now and anyone who can bring a set-up to do it.

I do need full names of everyone attending though so I can get the badges made, as nobody can get into the event without a nametag.

AJ and I are 100% going

We'll bring a monitor, xbox, recording equip and it.

• Advertisement

ayjayirl wrote: »
    We'll bring a monitor, xbox, recording equip and it.
    So that's one set-up definitely, good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I'm going and I'll bring an xbox but can't bring a monitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Sadly it turns out I shan't be going to this. Our previous landlords are making getting out deposits back extremely difficult so I am quite strapped for travel funds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Sairus wrote: »
    Sadly it turns out I shan't be going to this. Our previous landlords are making getting out deposits back extremely difficult so I am quite strapped for travel funds.

When will people learn, when moving out of a house its best to say something along the lines of keep the deposit as the last months rent. Nearly all landlords that rent to young people/students will try to keep your deposit. If there is damage done and further money is owed they will come looking for it, they more than likely have your PPS number anyway (if they don't look for a PPS they aren't registering you and you can just burn them cause they are probably dodging tax). I've been in your place and it looks fine don't let this guy basically rob your money.

Sorry for being off topic.

Sairus wrote: »

I'd report him

http://www.prtb.ie/

or challenge him to a money match. :p - You being Top 10 and all now. ;)

@Em16 -> What time on Sat?

Well, how long does it normally take to run a full Inferno? I need to travel down from Coleraine on the first train and won't be there 'til around half 12 at the earliest seemingly, unless some kind soul wants to give me a place to stay on Friday and Saturday night?

Anyone? :)

Well, how long does it normally take to run a full Inferno? I need to travel down from Coleraine on the first train and won't be there 'til around half 12 at the earliest seemingly...

Ok, well it is usually dependent on the numbers playing. We usually start at about 1ish and run it to conclusion after about 4 hours but that would be with 30ish people.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

Is there a cost if I want to observe??? Really had my eyes opened at evo. I'm an online scrub and want to get better and head to more of these things but don't think I have the skills to enter this. I would have no. Prob helping out and such but just wondering cost for entry since all I see is competition entry

Well, there's a €10 fee to spectate (the 3 day) event.. I've asked about it a few times, but there's nothing I can do about it unfortunately. To be honest you'd actually be better off with the five more euro and actually having competition playtime. I'm super, super bad but I'll be taking part too. :)

I just may enter if I go then. Just got the bill day plus holiday and hotel for arcade con hit me this week. Have to see what the wages are like on Friday. Street fighter ain't till Saturday right???

• Advertisement

Yeah, it's on Saturday. Come, the more the merrier plus some tournament experience is always a win. You'll beat me if you play me. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Is there a cost if I want to observe???

Hey man,
    Luckily you play in a community that doesn't look down on less experienced players. Quite the opposite in fact. I do quite well in Munster events but get my arse handed to me on a pretty regular basis when I attend Dublin events. However, I learn way more when I lose than I do when I win.

If you are going to attend, sign up and play. Sure you might get a beating, but you'll learn a ton. You said it yourself, you had a wake up at the evo qualifier. We all did at one stage. if you lose, ask the winner what you did wrong and try not to do it again.

If you want to watch games, you can go onto youtube. Nothing beats playing live in a tournament. :)

AJ's agreed to bring 2 screens because he's a legend.

It'd be nice to get some casuals against Bush, the only time I ever play him IRL is in extremely close tournament matches.

Sick, that's great.

Odd question by the way, but is there any chance I can stay at someone's so that I'm not travelling a **** tonne in one day?

Sick, that's great.

Odd question by the way, but is there any chance I can stay at someone's so that I'm not travelling a **** tonne in one day?

I'd offer but we already have a large Russian computer genius staying at our house who seems to want to spend all his spare time playing with our dog.

Sometimes, the truth is awesome.

Haha, class. No worries though.

Would be good if I did get somewhere to stay though.. I'd even head down today/tonight if I could, to help get the ball rolling easier tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,977 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

What time is this going to be on at?

DO you still need our real, full names too?

Well, if I get the earliest train down at 08:34 it says I get in at 12:56.. then I have to wait for and get the first bus into Ballyfermot (unless I can get a lift from any of you lot). That's why I'd rather try and get down tonight if I could but that doesn't look like it's happening, nobody wants my Northern arse. ;)

As for the names.. Yeah, if you're attending, please mail or PM me your real name (and the alias in case I'm not sure) to make sure entry is smooth. I'm going to try and play it for a bit more leniency for you guys but he might still be a bit anal about it. :)

• Advertisement

Handle and name pmed there

I better not start getting facebook stalked

Advertisement