Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin eSports Event - June 24th-26th- CANCELLED

Options
  • 18-05-2011 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hey guys, some of you might have hears about this before when the guy running the main event posted.. Some of ye's weren't too into it, eh.

Anyway, this event was originally solely a CoD4 PC event, but I'm going to be running extra tournaments for Black Ops, Quake Live, and with help from you guys a SSFIV tournament too. It's taking place in Ballyfermot College in Dublin, about a bus ride from the city centre if I'm informed correctly.

Now, if you haven't noticed already, the dates are the same as Qcon in Belfast - I didn't know this beforehand and it's ****, but there's nothing I can do about it. The prize post is entirely funded by the turnout as it is a non-profit event, with 1st place getting 62.5%, 2nd 25% and 3rd 12.5%. In real terms, if 16 players turn up, for €15/€20 entry this equates to:

€15 / €20
    1st: €150 / €200
    2nd: €60 / €80
    3rd: €30 / €40

I'll most likely be using €15 entry, but if there's feedback for €20 then I can change to that.

What I need though is help from you guys - I know you have the ability to run your own set-up, but with Qcon and the fact that isn't your normal Inferno or the likes, can people still bring equipment? If people bring AE, it'll be AE.

We'll have access to the college's internet by the way, I'm told a 100 meg line but we all know how that goes. Should mean that if you wanted to, we could live stream.

If anybody isn't going to Qcon and is interested in coming to this, please post here and/or e-mail me at emsixteen+dublin@gmail.com. I need people to do this so I can sort numbers, and boost the chances of getting sponsorship despite it being so close. I'm also usually in #irishfightinggames too.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Yeah there was a small misunderstanding, all is good.

It might make more sense for me to head to this rather than Q-Con, Q-Con will be huge regardless of my presence and last I recall SF was on a Sunday (which doesn't ever work, ever.)

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭EmSixTeen

Yeah I didn't realise Qcon doesn't have cash prizes, either. Plus on a Sunday? That can't be anything but hassle if you're traveling up. :s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

I can represent. I'll bring an xbox + a monitor. Brian, I'll assume recording equipment to go along with your Trolling of every and any tournament ;)

One question - when do you plan on running the SSF4 tourney? What day?

I can run it whenever people would like, and if they'd prefer I can do it over two days, with double elimination etc. I've got free reign here so I'm able to listen to all you guys about what you actually want. It'd be nice to make it seem a little more 'special' than the regular Inferno events, too, just because it's a one-time thing for now.

EmSixTeen wrote: »
    I can run it whenever people would like, and if they'd prefer I can do it over two days, with double elimination etc. I've got free reign here so I'm able to listen to all you guys about what you actually want. It'd be nice to make it seem a little more 'special' than the regular Inferno events, too, just because it's a one-time thing for now.

I don't know if you'll really need 2 days- we regularly do a full groups into top 16 double elim in 1 day in Inferno. Maybe if you ran 2 tournaments, one in Marvel or something.

You're kinda running up against the EVO tournament so the timing aint great for that.

Do you think there'll be casual people who will want to play?

• Advertisement

Potentially I think there could be casual folk who would be interested, especially as €15 really isn't that much. I don't know how many I'd expect though.

Double elim is ideal, I know you guys can do it, just gotta make sure it fits with whatever scheduling is worked out etc but you guys are pretty self-sufficient which is a big plus.

As for Super vs. Arcade, the disc is released on the 22nd apparently. Alternatively people could bring in the AE DLC on a USB stick with their profile.

We'll have AE on our machine anywho.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

I should be able to go to this, its in my town biggrin.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Hound repping his ends :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Ill probably head to this too, buss up some ballfermot heads :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I might head to this if I can find it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I'll go and should be able to bring a 360 and AE DLV.

Wouldn't be interested all if the tournament wasn't AE.

Doom just told me that he'll run the sf tourney if you want him to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 HandiCapanda

If theres parking i can bring a 360 n monitor. Also got a hauppauge and laptop if u want to record all the matches?

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Theirs plenty of parking. The college is right beside Tesco's and Beside the library(Thats right, Ballyfermot has a library).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

The Hound wrote: »
    (Thats right, Ballyfermot has a library).

Thats only for show!!

haha, I've never been but people are giving this place a fair kick in the shins.

Anyway, yeah I'll let you lads (DooM et al) pretty much run the **** yourself, and I'll just keep an eye over it all and work with ye's.. I know you're able to do your own thing like.

What are the thoughts on entry fee?

ayjayirl wrote: »
    Doom just told me that he'll run the sf tourney if you want him to.

Scurrulous lies.

(I will if I have to but seriously I am awful at it)
    haha, I've never been but people are giving this place a fair kick in the shins.

Anyway, yeah I'll let you lads (DooM et al) pretty much run the **** yourself, and I'll just keep an eye over it all and work with ye's.. I know you're able to do your own thing like.

What are the thoughts on entry fee?

Keep it at 15. That's what we ask for Inferno.

I'm gonna pull rank Handi, I'll bring my hauppage as I have a full commentary kit and splitter for projector or spectator screen.

BTW aren't you the guy who went to live in England?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

I'll come along to this if its on the Saturday alright!

Sagat06 wrote: »
    I'll come along to this if its on the Saturday alright!

You, dreddy, me, handi, hound, bush, AJ.

Wouldn't want to be a randomer in that tournament :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

To be fair I'm leaving if hound doesnt win... I'll say no more on that subject!!

I'll run the bracket if you want Doom.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    I'll run the bracket if you want Doom.

Your gib, I appreciate the cut of it.

Aye I went to live in England but that's just during uni term time, back home on the wee isle for the rest!

As for the entry, I figured it might be worth upping to €20 solely because of the fact that it's not just the usual Inferno (not knocking Inferno, of course), drum up a bit of an extra vibe about it. €5 extra per person isn't too much and significantly increases the prize pot but I'm really fine with €15 too. :)

ps: i'mgonnawin.

pps: nat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I'll hopefully be up for this. I shall be getting glorious apartment deposits back soon and so my tournament traveling funds shall be fully stocked once again.

Aye I went to live in England but that's just during uni term time, back home on the wee isle for the rest!

As for the entry, I figured it might be worth upping to €20 solely because of the fact that it's not just the usual Inferno (not knocking Inferno, of course), drum up a bit of an extra vibe about it. €5 extra per person isn't too much and significantly increases the prize pot but I'm really fine with €15 too. :)

ps: i'mgonnawin.

pps: nat.

Sup to you, I have no prob it being 20 euro in a tournament with some quality players in, but I think 20 will prob be too much for your casual dude myself.

20 is a pretty huge amount of money for a tournament imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Ar, €15 is basically the limit where I start to feel dodgy about paying into stuff.

€15 it is you tight bastards. :P

• Advertisement

15 is fair-ish. 10 would be better imho.

Inferno is 15 but with 5 going to venue.

Just a thought..... :)

Advertisement