Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it me or is the idea of Oni Akuma kind of ridiculous? Storyline wise

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Azza wrote: »
    Thats not considered canon. Thats just Guiles ending.

The rival conversation between Guile and Bison in SSF IV could simply be referring to the event in the Alpha games.

Basically Alpha 1 was entirelly retconed by the events of later Alpha games. But everyones ending was the correct ending in Alpha 2 and 3, there was an ordered sequence to the endings but I can't remember it. Each character would beat Bison but he simply kept retreating to the Psycho Drive and return to fight the next character, until what was considered the final fight between Charlie and Bison, in which Charlie killed himself and Bison in order to destroy the psycho drive.

SF 2 which follows never makes it clear who the winner was. Although I think it was confirmed it wasn't Dhalsim. Bison never fights anyone in the tournament and gets killed before he fights the finalist.

The orginal SF 4 was similar to Alpha in that ever ending was considered cannon. There was a total of 25 Seth's and each Seth was beaten by each of the different characters. The primary Seth (15) was defeated by Bison and finished off by Juri. SSF IV didn't contradict the endings of SF IV but it did have the issue of there being more characters than there was Seth clones.

I've read in a couple of places that Guile's ending has become canon of all the SF2 WW endings because his ties so closely into him beating up Bison in specific whereas most of the others it's not so important. (Guile would not have his family at the start of SF4 if he didn't. ) But the canon is shaky at best so we're going to have to agree to disagree (i.e: you're wrong :P)

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Guile went home to his family because Akuma beat him to the punch.

He thought Bison was dead so his mission was over.

Besides how can a character with just 2 special moves win a world warrior tournament....thats just retarded!

Advertisement