Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replay Games (Bangor) have SSF4 AE and KOF XIII

Options
  • 17-05-2011 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭

Was informed by Gareth from Replay Games at tonight's Dragonslayers that they have SSF4 AE and KOF XIII (version 1.1).

Not too fussed about AE since we all know it's coming out in a few weeks, but KOF XIII, about ten miles from where I live, before the console version is even officially announced, is a pretty big deal as far as I'm concerned.

Presumably this means we'll be able to play them at Q-Con, as Replay Games bring a few cabinets along each year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

That's too far from Dublin...

Would be nice at Q-con though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Will probably make the trip for some KoF on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Is someone gonna make a shopping trip then?

EDIT: Hang on, I think I assumed that by posting this topic, it meant these Replay guys had (or are willing) to break the street date.

Is this the case, or was this topic just posted as some sort of trivia thing?

Naw, he means they have them for the arcade cab that's in the store.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

I'd go for SSFIV AE but to be honest, I think I'd rather wait considering how far I live from Co. Down. 2:30 hours is a long way to drive to just play an arcade. But thanks for the heads up Yreval, I'm glad to see the arcade scene is still breathing in Ireland :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Looks like this story has blown up:

http://www.neoempire.com/?p=8712
    http://orochinagi.com/2011/05/xiii-in-ireland
    http://kof-uk.blogspot.com/2011/05/kofxiii-arcade-cabinet-v11-in-ireland.html
    Will probably make the trip for some KoF on Saturday.

Same here.

For the uninitiated - Replay Games is a shop that sells video games, anime and manga and related merchandise, tabletop RPGs and collectible card games. They have a few arcade games at the back, and they bring them to Q-Con every year - if you watch the Doom vlog from last year's Q-Con you can see them about halfway through.

Hopefully these people don't get their hopes up that a huge KoF scene is going to explode out of Norn Iron and take the world by storm, cause I don't see it somehow. :pac:

Did he mention if he'd gotten another entire cab in? Otherwise there's still only really one cab with a selection of games he can put on, that and the nice but sadly outdated T5DR cab (still a better game than T6 though).

Wonder what Gareth did with the old cab he had BB and KoFXII on before...?

He probably has it in his kitchen. :D

He didn't specifically mention new cabinets, but unless I'm mistaken it's only one player per cabinet in SSF4 AE, so it's a good bet that he's gotten a new cabinet (or cabinets) in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

What's the easiest way to get to Bangor from Dublin apart from driving? Would love to go up for some AE.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

You can get a train to Belfast then either a train or bus from there to Bangor. Or Train from Dublin to Portadown, then train to Bangor.

It's been a while but I don't think there's a direct train.

I've got a job in Holywood in a couple of hours. If there wasn't a tracker on my van I'd shoot over to Bangor for a few games once the job's finished.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I second that Dreddy, I'd trek from down below in Westmeath up to play some AE. We should arrange something if anyone else is interested, would be class

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I was considering it but it seems like too much hassle if we can't get there directly.

Also I wanna play KOF. Irish KOF scene going to explode :pac:

Can't believe folks are willing to trek all the way up just for AE. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

If I was in Dublin I'd probably go up. 8 hour trip each way is a little much even for me though :pac:

For anyone headed to tomorrow's session; Akodet (Cloudpaul on here) posted this on Neo Empire:
    Probably won't be there stupidly early, Gareth runs YuGiOh and tabletop tournaments on a saturday so will be unavailable for the store. The store should still be open but I'm pretty sure he's the only one who knows how to operate the cabinets (if we want to switch games etc). So I'll probably head up around 1-2, get a bite to eat (probably in Makhulu 5, south african restaurant with good reviews) then make my way with whoever is with me.

http://neoempire.com/forum/showpost.php?p=377813&postcount=14

I'll try to be there around 2:30 or 3:00.

EDIT: The shop closes at 5pm normally, but if plenty show up, Gareth will apparently keep it open a little longer. With that in mind, I think I'll aim to be there an hour earlier.

Cool, I'll try and coincide with the rest if possible.

Probably get the 12:38 from Botanic.

Paul says he's getting the 10:08 from Botanic: http://neoempire.com/forum/showpost.php?p=377865&postcount=19

Early bird eh, we'll see how early I wake up. :p

Just got back from Bangor - five of us went in all. Thoughts:

SSF4 AE
    - Sakura's cool stuff seems quite a bit easier to do, especially shouoken -> FADC -> whatever.
    - Tried Deejay's EX MGU -> dash -> U2 midscreen, which is supposedly much easier now but still couldn't pull it off.
    - Don't have much to say about the twins - played Yun once and got Blown Up™, and that was it.
    - Evil Ryu and Oni were not unlocked - Gareth said he had a 1-player Japanese version with the two unlocked but we never got around to putting it on.

KOF XIII
    - Tried a few different characters - Terry, Iori, K', Kula, Athena, Yuri. Being so used to old-school Iori I had some trouble adjusting - he still has his j.b+B (one of my favourite moves in all of fighting games) though, so I think I will give him another shot. He's also the only character whose Neomax I successfully landed today.
    - Game looks very good in person - not too fond of the filter applied to the character sprites but the backgrounds are absolutely sick.

Some pics of the setup:

AnHIml.jpg

IPj24l.jpg

dRqjml.jpg

YMXo2l.jpg

1e7vbl.jpg

G4TE5l.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

That looks like a place where I could easily spend quite a bit of money.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Is the AE cab two player?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

This shop looks pretty unreal.

Azza wrote: »
    Is the AE cab two player?

Indeed it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

So was Kof 13 anygood? i can't wait to play it. been watching matches online. It looks so pretty ^__^

KoFXIII seems pretty cool but it's hard to really judge since we all sucked so bad at it.

Dan looks really pissed off in that picture. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

Was the machine on freeplay or did you have to pay to play?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Blinn

@chueytoo - KoF13 was really fun, I hadn't played a KoF game before but I enjoyed it so much I'm gonna start playing 2k2 on ggpo and learn some basics. The game looked gorgeous also.

@chunkis - 50p per credit

@scavenger - Dan is ALWAYS pissed off

I enjoyed playing my Fei but I couldn't really feel any of the differences, only thing was people telling me I had no reason to lose ever because I'm top tier now. Also Yun was real cool, I've been learning 3s Yun for the past few weeks but very little of that knowledge really helped me. I just wanna mess around with him in training mode

• Registered Users Posts: 13 oGRAMo

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    What's the easiest way to get to Bangor from Dublin apart from driving? Would love to go up for some AE.

Dreddy if you or any others want to head up next Friday I'm off work. I can collect you's from Belfast Central Station and take you's right to the door. The offer stands for anyone else too, I've got room for four people. It's only a two minute detour via Central and wouldn't mind playing some early AE for an afternoon on my day off.

Turned up today. It is a real nice setup, buttons a bit closer than TE stick but very comfortable. Pity about E Ryu and Oni but Yun and Yang are fun.

Anyone interested give me a shout!

P.s It's Graeme, the Dhalsim player who's been to a couple of Infernos.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

I'll be able to make it Friday, if Dublin guys wanna avail of the lift I can make my own way to Bangor by train, it's fairly close.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Whats the opening hours of that place?

Advertisement