Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aiming for a sub 45min 10km.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

belcarra wrote: »
    Month|Kms
    January|0
    February|24
    March|0
    April|18
    May|94
    June|102
    July|262
    August|303
    September|31
    Total|834

...or 518 miles in old money. Should still be able to break 1,000 miles for the year handy enough.
    I'll forecast that day to be....15th November.

Month|Kms
    January|0
    February|24
    March|0
    April|18
    May|94
    June|102
    July|262
    August|303
    September|348
    Total|1,151.1

So with tomorrow being the last day of September and a Rest Day for me I can now close the chapter for the Month's mileage. 348km / 216.3miles - A pretty good month and the first time I have gone over the 200 miles/month mark.

Indeed if all goes to plan for the weekend I'll hit 63 miles for the week which will represent my biggest ever week also - Happy Days!

Day 97 - Galway Bay 10km Race - 10.1k @ 159 bpm
    So, it looks like I need a new name for my log or perhaps to start a new log at this stage! I decided to do this race about 6 weeks ago as my general marathon training was getting me quicker over this kind of distance. This, added with the flat course, meant that I knew the 45min 10k would be under serious threat. Much hung on the weather on the day - a typical Galway Westerly wind might well have have scuppered my plans.

I called to Elverys on the Headford Rd for my race pack which included a decent t-shirt and a couple of money off vouchers as well as a couple of gels/power bars. I got lucky with the parking and threw the car on the footpath quite close to the race HQ. So, after a 5 min warm up I made my way towards the start line.

I positioned myself about 10m back from the front and even at that there was a large amount of large people on the left hand side! Thankfully I was on the right and after the first 20m there were no issues dodging people!

Kept the pace consistent after the usual fast first km:rolleyes: and cruised to the far end of the promenade. There was a bit of hilly ground here which lasted only about 300m and then we turned left towards the beach before returning in the direction of the finish line. At this stage the NE wind started to blow into our face so I tried drafting a little but it wasn't a great advantage tbh. With 2km to go we had to turn out onto the causeway towards Mutton island which was definitely the smelliest part of the course! On the return to the mainland it was time to put the foot down and hit for home but after a glance at the time I knew I would be comfortably under 45mins so I kept a bit in the locker for tomorrow's 3/4 marathon in Athlone instead. Mind you, I still couldn't resist pushing the final 100m!

In the end i finished in approx 44:25 - I failed to stop my watch until a few secs after the line. I was well happy with this time and another PB by approx 2:20 from my last 10km in July. I think I will aim for a HM or 10k focus over the Winter to try and lower this time. Now that 45mins has been achieved dare I target 40 mins before next Spring??

Time: 00:44:25
    Distance: 10.1 km
    Av Pace: 4:25 min/km
    Avg HR: 159 bpm
    Max HR: 168 bpm

Day 98 - Athlone 3/4 Marathon Race - 31.7km @ 143 bpm
    What a great weekend it has been for me! Great shiny new PB for 10km yesterday and the rugby this morning was an excellent performance and result! :)

About 40 mins after the match finished I was on the starting line of the Athlone 3/4 marathon race in Glasson, Co. Westmeath. Paul Mahon gave us the essential details and walked us to the start. This was the most organised race start I have ever been at. There was an invitation to the speedsters to join the front and then the mid-pack runners to follow on after before the 4hr+ runners joined towards the back. This all meant that there was no issues trying to bypass slower runners (For me anyways!) and most people were sticking to the various pacers for the first few kms - Well done organisers!

Myself and Phillip joined the green balloon of the 3:30 pacers. We began at a nice jaunt and at km1 the pacers looked a bit sheepish when they realised they were already about 40 secs up on target pace!! Things duly slowed down for the next few kms and it was all a nice introduction to the Westmeath countryside.

After about 4km myself and Phillip began to move away from the pacers. I had originally intended to cover the entire race no more than striking distance from those guys but the training pace in a race setting was just too unnaturally slow so we eased away from them over the next few kms. One the lonk was broken this run turned into a totally different beast! Out went the 5min+ kms and in flowed 4:4x kms! Every km marker would approach and we'd both agree the next km should be much slower yet there were few 5min+ kms to feature in the rest of our run.

Somewhere around halfway we realised we decided a 2:40 time could be likely and this became a bit of a loose target for us. The kms continued to pass but the hills never really seemed to dissappear like we were promised :rolleyes:! Into the last 10km and the last quarter marathon...the coversation really slowed down at this stage! We had been picking off people the whole way through and this propelled us to keep the tempo up. It averaged about 2 people per km for the kms 14 - 29 approx. Then over the final 3km or so the roads began to get pretty busy again. We continued to scyte through groupings keeping the pace consistent. The final 'wee hill' saw us pass around 5 or 6 who were struggling. Then, once we were on the downward side of that hill I opened out the stride length and let loose. Here i was able to pass about 25 people on the final km to the finish line - I don't think I've ever been in that situation before! I'm sure most of them weren't really racing and were just looking to get a good training run but it felt good regardless!! I saw the clock over the finish line count closer towards the 2:40 every step I took closer to it but thankfully it read approx 2:39:53 or so as I crossed underneath it - 2:39:45 on my Garmin. So, as I'd never done this distance before it was always going to be another PB but even so it's still a pretty decent time for me. Well done again to Paul and Barry for a great event and such brilliant organisation!

The main thing I wanted today was to see what time I should target in NYC. The pace today would translate to a 3:30 time or thereabouts. I probably would struggle to go the full distance with the way I ran today - Sub 5min kms are tough over longer distances - but consistent 5min kms over 26.2 miles may just be possible! So I guess that will be the target and if I fail I should be able to nurse myself around to a 3:45 hopefully.

That concludes my races before the Marathon itself. I'm very thankful I haven't got any bad injuries as I was probably overdoing the races but from here on out it'll be training runs all the way!

Oh and by the way, during last week I signed up for the Philadelphia Marathon which takes place two weeks after the NYC Marathon...just in case I need a back-up!!:D

Time: 02:39:45
    Distance: 31.7 km
    Av Pace: 5:02 min/km
    Avg HR: 143 bpm
    Max HR: 162 bpm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

You ran a 20 mile the day after a 10km race?, you can't use the 20 as a gauge of where you are, the fact that you ran the 20 without any problems shows your in great nick, I wouldn't go changing goals just yet.

Cheers Mr Slow.

Not really changing the targets though as I didn't have any set before today. I guess I'm more confirming 3:30 is my 'A' target now and just offering a 'B' target in case stuff happens (NYC apparently is about 5-10mins tougher than Dublin, or so I hear!).

• Advertisement

Day 99 - Recovery Run - 8.9km @ 128bpm
    Nice slow Recovery Run this evening highlighted by the 128bpm av HR. First few kms were handy but then the legs started to remember the effort from Sunday so there was a few minor complaints from them but nothing serious. A good workout.

Time: 00:51:16
    Distance: 8.9km
    Av Pace: 5:45min/km
    Avg HR: 128 bpm
    Max HR: 142 bpm

Day 100/NYC-33 - LT Session - 14.8km @ 137bpm
    I feel on the countdown to NYC at this stage so I have decided to include this in the session details from now on, hence the '/NYC-33'...yes, 33 days to go!

Tonight I went out for the LT session so that I could get it out of the way before the weekend (when I'm debating doing the Portumna marathon). The legs were still quite heavy but I gently warmed them up with a 4km jog. Tonight I had to get through 5 x 600m intervals @ 4:10mins/km pace. This should have resulted in me covering the 600m in 2:30.
    On the first one I went out way too fast and ended up 8 secs too quick. The rest were much closer to the mark but all on the slightly quick side of things which was surprising as I was really having to work the legs tonight. Good to see though that I managed to push the effort levels to keep within target. I cooled down by slowly finishing the run to make it 14.8km overall. It was only when I was 50m from the finish that I realised I was only meant to be out for 13km, not the 15km I was aiming for!:o
    Another tough session but definitely worthwhile!

Time - Pace
    2:22.3 - 3:53.9
    2:29.3 - 4:07.2
    2:27.4 - 4:02.4
    2:29.2 - 4:05.8
    2:31.6 - 4:07.9

Time: 00:51:16
    Av Pace: 5:45min/km
    Avg HR: 128 bpm

Day 101/NYC-32 - Medium Long Run - 17.7km @ 135bpm
    Went to the Park for this evenings Medium Long Run. pretty windy out there this evening but at least it was dry. Kept the pace nice and easy with an average pace of 5:38min/km.
    By the end of the run it was already dark so it looks like there won't be to many more sessions there this year :(.

Time: 01:39:36
    Distance: 17.7km
    Av Pace: 5:38 min/km
    Avg HR: 135 bpm
    Max HR: 154 bpm

Days 102 & 103 - Rest Days

Day 104/NYC-29 - Recovery Run - 6.65km @ 137 bpm
    Short 'Recovery Run' today to collect my car from last night. I felt pretty terrible on this run as I only got 4 hours sleep as a result from being out last night and then up to watch the rugby a few hours later. This was very much a plod and I was glad it was a short one!

Time: 00:35:05
    Distance: 6.65km
    Av Pace: 5:21 min/km
    Avg HR: 137 bpm
    Max HR: 145 bpm

Day 105/NYC-28 - LSR - 28.5km @ 140bpm
    Met Philip for an LSR this morning @ 9:30 in the Park. We decided to go outside the park walls for a lap in the middle of the run. This sheltered us from the wind for a while but overall not ideal for running as the paths are narrow and lots of obstacles like kerbs and poles! We returned to the cars @ 19km for a drink. Back out for another 10k before heading home. I felt pretty ****ty a few times on this run...managed to get 2 stitches, left shoulder got a demanding ache and then I ran out of fuel with about 3km before the finish so that was a real slog! Of course there was a pretty strong wind out there for most of the run also which didn't help matters!
    Anyways, it's done now!

Time: 02:38:53
    Distance: 28.5 km
    Av Pace: 5:34 min/km
    Avg HR: 140 bpm
    Max HR: 151 bpm

Also, after a couple of weekend donations allied with offline donations I have now raised my full €4,000 target for the Irish Cancer Society for NYC marathon! Happy days! Just in case anyone might like to add to the donations though here is the link:
    http://www.mycharity.ie/event/jcs_nyc_marathon/
    Remember, although I have now reached the minimum fundraising target there is no ceiling and all further offers are happily welcomed!;)

Days 106 & 107 - Rest Days

Day 108/NYC-25 - Interval Session - 16.1km @ 139 bpm
    After a few poor days training-wise I finally managed to get out for an Interval session in the Park this evening. 4 x 1,200m @ 4:10 pace was the target...
    Int - Time - Distance - Pace - Recovery
    1 - 4:52 - 1.20km - 4:03 - 2:35
    2 - 5:02 - 1.21km - 4:09 - 3:34
    3 - 4:57 - 1.21km - 4:05 - 3:58
    4 - 4:52 - 1.21km - 4:01 - N/A

So, happy with the pace for each interval. Recoverys may have been a little leisurely but it was a case of trying to position the interval splits on the most suitable surfaces.

Time: 01:26:07
    Distance: 16.1km
    Av Pace: 5:21 min/km
    Avg HR: 139 bpm
    Max HR: 167 bpm

Day 109/NYC-24 - Recovery Run - 8km @ 137bpm
    Easy Recovery Run...nothing much to report.

Time: 00:43:40
    Distance: 8.1km
    Av Pace: 5:25 min/km
    Avg HR: 137 bpm
    Max HR: 162 bpm

Day 110/NYC-23 - MLR - 16.6km @ 136bpm
    A Medium Long Run that was meant to be 11 miles but due to having to be somewhere else by 6pm I had to cut this short to just over 10 miles. Probably did this run a little fast but nothing much else to report here either!

Time: 01:28:43
    Distance: 16.6km
    Av Pace: 5:21min/km
    Avg HR: 136 bpm
    Max HR: 147 bpm

Day 111 - Rest Day
    I was intending to run today but I was too hungover most of the day so gave it a miss.

Day 112/NYC-21 - Hell and Back Race - 9.4km @ ?? bpm
    This looked like a bit of fun so I decided to give it a blast. It was a good deal tougher than I expected and lived up to it's name for me. I ditched the HRM to one of the marshalls after about 2 mins because it was too loose and I didn't have time to sort it out. Thankfully I got it back later without any hassle trying to find said marshall!
    Also, as I was halfway up Little Sugar Loaf I realised it's been much too long since I did a bit of real hill running. Hopefully this will be addressed if I commit to the AON Challenge in January. There is also a Winter version of this Hell & Back race in January which I will probably do as well. Today's version was done on one of the better days of the year so I imagine the January edition could well be much different! I finished in 82nd place out of 560 or so, so was happy with that given I was holding a little back in a bid to avoid injuring legs, feet and ankles!! Even at that I beat former Dublin footballer Shane Ryan by a few places:D

Time: 01:01:09
    Distance: 10.0km
    Av Pace: 6:29 min/km
    Avg HR: ??? bpm
    Max HR: ??? bpm

Day 113/NYC-20 - Recovery Run - 8.9km @ 145 bpm
    Recovery run today. No real choice as my calves were sore from the extra stretching they got going up the Mountain yesterday! I was dreading going out this evening but once I took the first few steps it was fine! Pretty cold though!! I got into a good rhythm and before I knew I was doing a 5:12 pace so I just stuck with it. Should probably be called a tempo run but I couldn't be bothered changing the title now...:p

Time: 00:46:08
    Av Pace: 5:12 min/km
    Avg HR: 145 bpm
    Max HR: 152 bpm

Day 114/NYC-19 - LT Session - 13km @ 139bpm
    A bloody freezing night out there this evening! This was meant to be my Interval session but I'm always wary of doing them on dark footpaths as it's too easy to pick up an injury. The plan was for 5 x 600m intervals and I did the first two on the Oscar Traynor Road, each in opposite directions. The first one was fine - a 3:51 paced split but when I turned around to do the second split I stared into a breeze with a windchill feel of -5C! The second split was less healthy at 4:11 pace! I was beginning to lose faith with my session and the light/surface/weather so I gave it one more go on a new stretch of path which resulted in 4:04. This path was even worse though so with one eye on my LSR on Wed I decided to trot home and call it quits with 3 intervals. Pity! I plan to hit this session again on Friday to make amends!

Time: 01:10:19
    Distance: 13.0km
    Av Pace: 5:24 min/km
    Max HR: 165 bpm

Day 115/NYC-18 - LSR Part 1 - 29.35km @ 130bpm
    I knew this evening would be cold and a long session so I wrapped up well before meeting Philip in the Park. We went for a big loop of the park initially before returning to the cars for water and even more clothes! We then went up Chesterfield Avenue and into Castleknock before turning right and doubling back into Phibsborough and then back to the Park.

Time: 02:50:45
    Distance: 29.35km
    Av Pace: 5:49 min/km
    Avg HR: 130 bpm
    Max HR: 145 bpm

Day 115/NYC-18 - LSR Part 2 - 3.26km @ 136bpm
    At this stage Philip was happy with the distance of 29.3km but I had intended to get 32.5km in this evening. It was then that realising how cold I was due to freezing sweat I decided to return home, change into new clothes and go out again for an easy lap of Northwood to register the required 3 km! I don't think i have ever worn so many clothes...2 pairs of socks, three layers for the legs and four layers for the upper body including a heavy jacket and also a pair of gloves and two caps!!
    I must have looked like the Michelin Man but I didn't care - I was snug! This allowed me to round off the full 20 miles marking my last Long run before Nov 6th! Happy with the session and felt I could have easily added another 4 milies and the extra 2 miles under a little duress perhaps! All looking good at this point though and 2.5 weeks of taper left!

Time: 00:19:14
    Distance: 3.26km
    Av Pace: 5:54 min/km
    Max HR: 147 bpm

• Advertisement

Day 116/NYC-17 - Recovery Run - 12.2km @ 131bpm
    An easy recovery run this evening after last nights long session. Legs were grand apart from a slight niggle on the outside of my left thigh but it's the kind of thing that will be gone by Saturday, if not tomorrow.
    Seeing as I have the last long LSR out of the way I am now officially in taper mode. I kept having to tell myself that as I was threatening to stay out longer this evening and had to also hold myself back from going quicker. It really does require a change of mindset to see taper time through correctly. Not as cold tonight as the previous few but I still made sure to wrap up well.

Time: 01:09:10
    Distance: 12.2km
    Av Pace: 5:42 min/km
    Avg HR: 131 bpm

Day 117/NYC-16 - Mini LT Session - 7.1km @ 143bpm
    I gave the Interval session from Tuesday another go today but settled for 3 x 600m repeats. It was windy out there again today and as a result these intervals were tough, perhaps too quick a target pace (3:55-4:00). The split paces were 3:53, 3:58 & 4:11. The first two were pretty tough and so I decided to slow the third one down to 4:10 pace. After the effort involved for the third split I decided to ease off for the rest of the run as I have a MSR tomorrow in the Park. I'm still butchering parts of P&D to suit my schedule but I promise to stick to the official plan for the last two weeks!!

Time: 00:36:56
    Distance: 7.1km
    Av Pace: 5:12 min/km
    Avg HR: 143 bpm
    Max HR: 164 bpm

Day 118/NYC-15 - MLR - 23.5km @ 146bpm
    Joined the gang in the park this morning for a MLR. I hadn't met any of them before but by the time I separated from them 11 miles later I had managed to chat to Claralara, Mr. Slow, Chinguetti, Vagga, RayCun and Orla who I imagine to be Jaffac?? Didn't manage to get to talk to Digger as he had to head off early and somehow managed to fail to speak to Pistol75:confused: - Sorry about that, man! Earlier I also met AngelaRI and Paul and Aoife I think, so all in all a large group today. It was great to finally put faces to a few of these pseudonyms - just can't believe it's taken til the end of the Summer! Best of luck to you all on Monday week - You all seem well prepared!!

The run itself was intended to be a 16 miler for me but as it was on the back of a 20 miler on Wednesday I was happy with anything North of 13 miles. We headed up Chesterfield Ave and out White's Gate into Castleknock and back down Chesterfield before turning left for the North Rd. Digger left us at this stage and we continued on past the Garda HQ, accross to Wellington Rd. before the sadists demanded climbing the Kyber! Claralara and Mr. Slow raced to the top before we all stopped for a short water break. Within 2 mins we were getting cold standing around and so we took off again, this time over through the football fields and onto Millitary Rd., down the Furry Glen and back along the OS Road. At this stage I bade farewell to the rest of the group to continue along the North Rd. and back up Chesterfield Ave before returning to the car.

I could feel myself running low on energy over the last couple of miles - even though I took a gel - and it came as no surprise really given I only had a bowl of crunchy nut corn flakes for brekkie (Due to my rushed circumstances!). I reckoned I could also feel the weight of Wed night in my legs as well, so I was happy enough to call the run short at 14.6 miles.

So that's the last run worth thinking about before the marathon completed. Another short recovery run tomorrow and then ease back significantly on distance over the next two weeks.

Time: 02:09:21
    Distance: 23.5km
    Av Pace: 5:30min/km
    Avg HR: 146 bpm
    Max HR: 156 bpm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

belcarra wrote: »
    Didn't manage to get to talk to Digger as he had to head off early and somehow managed to fail to speak to Pistol75:confused: - Sorry about that, man!

Belcarra, no worries. I didn't know you were heading off when you were or I would have made it my business to introduce myself properly.

Good luck with the rest of your training.

Best of luck yourself on Monday P and I'll be looking for loads of feedback from you guys for my run the following week!

Day 119 - Rest Day
    I planned to go out for a recovery run on Sunday but decided to allow myself a day off instead. My decision may* have been influenced by the persistent rain.
    *Absolutely 100%!!

Month|Kms
    January|0
    February|24
    March|0
    April|18
    May|94
    June|102
    July|262
    August|303
    September|348
    October|265
    Total|1,432.5

Today is the first day of my condensed 2 week taper as I feel I may not be great at dealing with a traditional 3 week taper (Hence the LSR + MSR runs this week). Last week I amassed 97.3km which was a useful final push as the preceding two weeks were a little light on miles.

Over the course of the past 118 days of training I have managed 3 x 20mile+, 2 x 19mile and 2 x 17 mile runs. This is a good bit ahead of where I ever was before when leading into a marathon and I feel I am much better prepared overall this time. Hopefully the relatively easy two weeks in store will result in a bit of freshness being regained.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Day 118/NYC-15 - MLR - 23.5km @ 146bpm
    Joined the gang in the park this morning for a MLR. I hadn't met any of them before but by the time I separated from them 11 miles later I had managed to chat to Claralara, Mr. Slow, Chinguetti, Vagga, RayCun and Orla who I imagine to be Jaffac?? Didn't manage to get to talk to Digger as he had to head off early

Sorry about that mate, no doubt our paths will cross again soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Best of luck with the taper over the next couple of weeks. Good to meet you at the weekend there. I'll send you a copy of my marathon video when I make it big!! :D

Day 120 - Rest Day

Day 121/NYC-12 - Recovery Run with strides - 11.5km @ 136 bpm
    Easy recovery run with 6 x strides thrown in. Should have been 8 but I didn't realise until I got home:o.

Time: 01:03:47
    Distance: 11.6 km
    Av Pace: 5:30 min/km
    Max HR: 163 bpm

Day 122/NYC-11 - LT Session - 12km @ 144bpm
    I made a bit of a balls up on this run...meant to do 3 x 1,600m intervals so went to Morton Stadium for my fist time even though I just live around the back of it! My main reason for using the track tonight was to get good surface and loads of light. When I got down there there was a football match taking place on the pitch, a girls training group, a boys training group, a seniors training group and a throwing training session all taking place. There was also a couple of others doing their own thing so lots of ditractions all round!
    After a few aborted attempts to get the intervals going I decided to call it quits. With everything else going on around me I kept going way too fast and not being able to hold a sustainable pace. I trotted around for another few kms to finish the session with 12km.

Time: 01:03:32
    Distance: 12.0 km
    Av Pace: 5:19 min/km
    Avg HR: 144 bpm
    Max HR: 168 bpm

Day 123 - Rest Day

Day 124/NYC-9 - Recovery Run w/ strides - 8.6km @ 147bpm
    Easy recovery run again with 8 x strides thrown in to make up for the last strides session! Nothing else to report. Body is feeling a little fresher.

Time: 00:45:13
    Distance: 8.6 km
    Av Pace: 5:16 min/km
    Avg HR: 147 bpm
    Max HR: 170 bpm

Day 125 & 126 - Rest Days

Day 127/NYC-6 - MSR - 19.6km @ 138bpm
    Last sizeable run before Sunday. Meant to do this yesterday but real life took precedence. Body felt really good for most of this run. Got a little tired towards the end but that may have been because I pushed the effort progressively over the last few kms. Nothing serious though so I am hoping the energy continues to return at a similar rate over the next few days!
    I watched the marathon on TV this morning and was kinda jealous that I wasn't out there. Well done to all the Boardsies who took part and there were some great times posted too!

Time: 01:46:22
    Distance: 19.6 km
    Av Pace: 5:25 min/km
    Avg HR: 138 bpm
    Max HR: 158 bpm

Day 128/NYC-5 - Recovery Run - 9.3km @ 139bpm
    An easy recovery run today where I had great intentions of keeping it very slow. Kept having to force myself to slow down though and even that I was probably a little quick given the proximity to Sunday. I have noticed the HR was a little high @ 139 when I'd have expected it to be closer to 130.

Time: 00:50:30
    Distance: 9.3 km
    Av Pace: 5:28 min/km
    Max HR: 148 bpm

Day 129/NYC-4 - Rest Day
    I was supposed to do a run tonight but given the weather out there I decided against it. Instead I'll get out for a few tomorrow night as the last run on Irish soil before I fly out on Fri morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Killerz

Best of luck on sunday, bc. Hope you can sort the corral cr@p out at the expo. Nevertheless, enjoy the big day!

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭slowsteady

+1

Good luck on Sunday. Not a great start with the corrals but hopefully you can get that sorted.

Better news on the weather front, cool start but sunny and very light breeze, just enough to cool you as you power down the finishing straight 2 minutes inside the target time:p.

Enjoy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Good Luck on Sunday!

slowsteady wrote: »

Better news on the weather front, cool start but sunny and very light breeze, just enough to cool you as you power down the finishing straight 2 minutes inside the target time:p.

Ya, weather looks close to ideal once we get running although it'll be pretty cold just sitting around beforehand!
    That's great Positive Visualisation there, I just hope at least some of it comes through on the day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭liamo123

Have a good one Sunday man..... Best of luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Best of luck for Sunday. Looking forward to reading the report.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Best of luck John.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭W.B. Yeats

Best of luck in NY NY, I'm sure it will be all you want it to be!

Day 130/NYC-3 - Recovery Run w/ 3km @ MP - 11.6km @ 139bpm
    Last Irish run before I travel tomorrow. Took it nice and handy most of the way around, then did 3km @ 5:00min/km pace to stretch out a little (And more importantly because P&D told me to do it!!)
    Feeling pretty good but after the 3 @ 5:00 pace I'm happier that I'll be targeting 5:10 pace on Sunday! HR was a little higher than optimal again tonight but I was well insulated so I'll put it down to that. No sign of illness anyways thankfully.

All that remains now is the packing...now where did I put my passport again?? :D

Time: 01:03:33
    Distance: 11.27 km
    Av Pace: 5:28 min/km
    Avg HR: 142 bpm
    Max HR: 160 bpm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

You've had a fantastic stint of training and all that's left is for you to rock it :D

Advertisement