Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xpac/Hepatits C in Wrestling

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I don't know about Hawk but Orton and X Pac were both fired because of it, and if it is the reason Wolfe is out TNA hastily pulled him aswell. It's pretty clear they take very swift action if they find out somebody has it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

I don't know about Hawk but Orton and X Pac were both fired because of it, and if it is the reason Wolfe is out TNA hastily pulled him aswell. It's pretty clear they take very swift action if they find out somebody has it.

I am repeating myself here. Orton was fired as he didnt tell anyone in the match he had it. He bled on Undertaker, Randy, the ref and the cameraman. NOT because he simply had it. In correction to what I said before though Bob DID tell Johnny Ace, head of talent relations he had it when he was hired for the job.

X-Pac wasn't fired because he simply had it. The commission in Missouri found out he had it. It was a commission situation.

Hawk had it in the late 90s on which was the reason Animal was in WCW in 2000/01 and he wasnt. The plan was when he got his health under control Hawk would then join WCW too. Also Hawk and Animal had WWE tryouts post WCW most memorably the match with RVD/Kane on Raw. Hawk's situation was extremely widely reported at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,479 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056271293

^ Dessie Wolfe was back this week at TNA Xplosion as a commissioner

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

drayme wrote: »
    Again what if El Generico goes into the ring with Sean knowing and accepting the risk? Sean's health status is public and he does tell every opponent he has it.

Then Generico is stupid for doing it, I never said otherwise.
    You are taking that guys word here? How do know he got it from Abby? Do some research about the indy worker he wrested in Puerto Rico, apparently he shares needles and screws every ring rat he can find.
    I also never said I was taking his word for it, I'm simpy saying what the short film is about.
    WWE didnt turn him down for that and Nigel indirectly shoot the hep rumour down.

There are mixed reports on the whole thing, hence why I said it was alleged. The commish role doesn't involve getting in the ring which doesn't help get rid of the rumors.

You seem to think everyones posts are trying to target you, which isn't the case. I'm not disagreeing that other wrestlers from the past have Hep C, that is a stone cold fact. I'm saying that the WWE and TNA are now wiser to the disease than they once were and make it their business to check for it. As someone else pointed out, Daniel Bryan discussed that very point and that he wasn't made sign his contract until his results came out. Props to the WWE for doing this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I think there is some mild hysteria in this thread about Hepatitis C and how easy it is to transfer the disease. Just look at Magic Johnson who played games of basketball without passing HIV on to anybody (given HIV is similarly transferable to Hepatitis C).

But Waltman is lying to suggest there is not a risk. It has been proven in medical research that it can be transferred via contact sports. (For anybody interested you can read it in "A case–control study of risk factors for hepatitis C infection in patients with unexplained routes of infection" in the Journal of Viral Hepatitis.
    In conclusion, for patients with unexplained routes of HCV infection, our data incriminate previously unidentified risk factors (abortions, some dermatological procedures, outpatient injections, contact sports, beauty treatments, professional pedicure/manicure) and confirm those already recognized (hospitalization, digestive endoscopy, acupuncture and intranasal cocaine use).

If (and it is still an if) X-Pac had it, I don't doubt it would be an issue. Particularly in the current climate Vince is not going to hire somebody with Hepatitis C. Whatever about Cowboy Bob and Hawk in the past (remembering that Orton was rumoured to be fired to appease an angry Undertaker), they would not hire somebody now knowing they had the disease.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

As someone else pointed out, Daniel Bryan discussed that very point and that he wasn't made sign his contract until his results came out. Props to the WWE for doing this.

Wasnt a test strictly for Hep C. They were testing his liver as it a "signpost" for a whole range of possible illnesses as well as drug/alcohol abuse.
    If (and it is still an if) X-Pac had it, I don't doubt it would be an issue. Particularly in the current climate Vince is not going to hire somebody with Hepatitis C. Whatever about Cowboy Bob and Hawk in the past (remembering that Orton was rumoured to be fired to appease an angry Undertaker), they would not hire somebody now knowing they had the disease.

Do you have confirmation on that? Not saying it isnt the case now. Whose to say they dont "manage" someone in that situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭sliotor

Wasnt a test strictly for Hep C. They were testing his liver as it a "signpost" for a whole range of possible illnesses as well as drug/alcohol abuse.

Yes I did mention that before that they were testing for everything and would not finalise his contract until he had a signoff from his doctor concerning his kidney issue.
    The point of the reference is to show that nowadays wwe are very detailed with there health checks and are not taking chances.

Advertisement