Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xpac/Hepatits C in Wrestling

Options
  • 16-05-2011 9:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

any reason why he isn't in the wwe anymore?

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

He was at the HOF. No reason why he can't perform either as he had a great match recently with El Generico I believe. Suppose maybe his age is a disadvantage but no reason why he shouldn't make cameos.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Correct me if I'm wrong but was he not recently diagnosed with hepatitis C? I couldn't imagine Vince allowing him compete with a transmittable illness in fairness.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong but was he not recently diagnosed with hepatitis C? I couldn't imagine Vince allowing him compete with a transmittable illness in fairness.

There we go. That and his gimmick is abrasive (jewish obnoxious loudmouth who speaks like he's black) and hasn't changed his moveset or look in 13 years. There's a reason they call it "X-Pac heat"! :D I do know a couple of people who love him and wonder where he's gone but the vast majority don't miss him!

I think he's got a problem with pills/weed/etc so I imagine he's unreliable; otherwise I'd imagine he'd have some kind of job with his friends in high places in WWE.

I imagine a wrestler could sue WWE if they wanted him to work with a Hep C+ patient in a match. It would put the wrestler's health at risk. I wonder if someone will sue TNA over it if indeed Desmonde Wolfe does have Hep C.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

He's actually said that when he wrestles that he can't transfer it to somebody else. Doubt he'd still be wrestling if he was giving others hep. But I'm not too informed on the subject so he could be lying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

If he got a cut on his hand and his oponent had a cut somewhere else on his body and Waltman's blood came in contact with that open cut then it would be able to transfer would it not?

Just a wee bit risky if that was the case and I certainly wouldn't be too happy to get in the ring with him.

• Advertisement

He's a Goddamn liar. Hep C is a blood transmissable disease (injury - if both you and Pac are bleeding) intravenous drug users (sharing needles), unprotected sex and if ur mom was HepC+ when pregnant.

Technically if u book the match properly there's v little risk; but wrestling is a full contact sport, and even in WWE's era of no-blading there's usually there's someone bleeding once a month by accident. (Nose bleed, botched spot etc).

Yes it's a workable disease but it still means getting IF alpha etc shots each week and a quarter get liver failure and some unlucky ones get liver cancer.

Put it this way : Would you wanna horseplay around with someone with a knife in their pocket? You'll likely not get stabbed, but there's always the risk looming.

Wrestling promoters and Pac are scumbags for continuing to wrestle and putting others at risk. As a jr doctor and a wrestling fan I'm absolutely appalled at this unecessary danger.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭sliotor

If he got a cut on his hand and his oponent had a cut somewhere else on his body and Waltman's blood came in contact with that open cut then it would be able to transfer would it not?

Just a wee bit risky if that was the case and I certainly wouldn't be too happy to get in the ring with him.
    yeah i think that is the case, i believe in the video thread, there is a video of a wrestler who wasnt able to get in wwe because he had hep c and he believed he got from abula the butcher cutting him with a blade that he had previously used on himself in the match, sorry cant remember the name of the wrestler but i believe it is in the video thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

jaykhunter wrote: »
    He's a Goddamn liar. Hep C is a blood transmissable disease (injury - if both you and Pac are bleeding) intravenous drug users (sharing needles), unprotected sex and if ur mom was HepC+ when pregnant.

Technically if u book the match properly there's v little risk; but wrestling is a full contact sport, and even in WWE's era of no-blading there's usually there's someone bleeding once a month by accident. (Nose bleed, botched spot etc).

Yes it's a workable disease but it still means getting IF alpha etc shots each week and a quarter get liver failure and some unlucky ones get liver cancer.

Put it this way : Would you wanna horseplay around with someone with a knife in their pocket? You'll likely not get stabbed, but there's always the risk looming.

Wrestling promoters and Pac are scumbags for continuing to wrestle and putting others at risk. As a jr doctor and a wrestling fan I'm absolutely appalled at this unecessary danger.

Its not like the promoters are putting the guns to the heads of the Wrestlers.. If they're stupid enough to do it thats there own perogative

Wrestlers have no regard for their own safety (re: deaths in the last 15 years) and Promoters need to step in. Just because they're slave drivers and "that's the way it is" it doesn't mean it's right.

I've no sympathy for wrestlers who don't need the money and choose to wrestle pac, but the indy circuit isn't bustling with wrestlers with such a sunny disposition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

You act like there isn't a load of wrestlers who have Hep C. Also you are acting like wrestlers are refusing to wrestle him when in actual fact they are lining up to wrestle him.

Anyway X-Pac sobriety is an issue. Even though he has able clean for nearly two years. Also his body couldnt handle a full time schedule.

Still a great wrestler when used on a full time basis and a great mind for the business so he has a lot to give.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

The Hep. C issue is huge. He really shouldn't be wrestling at all, because no matter how carefull you are in a match, mistakes can still happen. But does the blame fall on Xpac or the promoters?

Pac was made it well known of his disease, and any promoter looking to book him knows this. He may want to keep wrestling, but the fact is it is too high of a risk. It sucks that such a disease means he should stop doing what he loves, but that's life.

TBH I was annoyed myself when Chikara announced that he was going to be wrestling on one of their biggest shows. A company with such a good name and Quackenbush risks it all to book him. What would have happened if he got cut during the match with Generico and blood mixed? That's a young, extremely talented wrestlers future over. WWE and TNA wouldn't hire Generico because of it. Is it really worth risking that just so a few 100 indie fans can give snowflakes to your match that doesn't pay big bucks?

Xpac needs to realise that it's not fair on others for him to step into the ring, and promoters needs to say no to booking him. Both parties need to man up.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Cactus Colm

Hadn't heard about the Hep C... that's a shame. I quite enjoyed X-Pac back in the day, and was always abit disgusted when the fans started booing him so vehemently. He got stale, didn't change anything, so can't blame them, but he was still a good worker who put on decent matches. Felt especially annoyed at the booing during the x-factor stable, never had a chance to get off the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

Is hep c not curable?

Also just like to add there's no point in the Cena and the Rock match. Guaranteed Cena win.

The Hep. C issue is huge. He really shouldn't be wrestling at all, because no matter how carefull you are in a match, mistakes can still happen. But does the blame fall on Xpac or the promoters?

Pac was made it well known of his disease, and any promoter looking to book him knows this. He may want to keep wrestling, but the fact is it is too high of a risk. It sucks that such a disease means he should stop doing what he loves, but that's life.

TBH I was annoyed myself when Chikara announced that he was going to be wrestling on one of their biggest shows. A company with such a good name and Quackenbush risks it all to book him. What would have happened if he got cut during the match with Generico and blood mixed? That's a young, extremely talented wrestlers future over. WWE and TNA wouldn't hire Generico because of it. Is it really worth risking that just so a few 100 indie fans can give snowflakes to your match that doesn't pay big bucks?

Xpac needs to realise that it's not fair on others for him to step into the ring, and promoters needs to say no to booking him. Both parties need to man up.

There is a number of wrestlers in WWE and TNA who have Hep C currently. People are making informed decisions here.

It is kind of weird that people are getting all uppity about Hep C when the majority of wrestlers are taking much greater risks bumping, using roids/HGH, doing pills and such like.

drayme wrote: »
    There is a number of wrestlers in WWE and TNA who have Hep C currently. People are making informed decisions here.

It is kind of weird that people are getting all uppity about Hep C when the majority of wrestlers are taking much greater risks bumping, using roids/HGH, doing pills and such like.

The difference between the bumps, pills, 'roids etc. is that they are all self inflicted. If you take a big bump, pump your body with steriods it's only yourself that suffers really, so I won't get uppity about that. Doesn't mean I support it but it's your body, **** it up if you want.

But Hep C is directly putting the other wrestlers health and their career at serious risk, not your own. Mind if I ask who you think in the WWE and TNA have Hep C (Besides Chyna, but I have no source on her having it other than ****ing X Pac), because with WWE I'd find it hard to believe. They have turned guys down for contracts based on Hep C alone.

The difference between the bumps, pills, 'roids etc. is that they are all self inflicted. If you take a big bump, pump your body with steriods it's only yourself that suffers really, so I won't get uppity about that. Doesn't mean I support it but it's your body, **** it up if you want.

But Hep C is directly putting the other wrestlers health and their career at serious risk, not your own.

I get this and I dont whats the difference when someone's health status is known? Just another risk to navigate.
    Mind if I ask who you think in the WWE and TNA have Hep C (Besides Chyna, but I have no source on her having it other than ****ing X Pac), because with WWE I'd find it hard to believe. They have turned guys down for contracts based on Hep C alone.

Who have they turned down?

The fact that WWE and TNA talent have it was mentioned a bunch of times when newsletters reported the story about Waltman. It is a closely guarded secret it seems who but for whatever reason there is supposedly more wrestlers in TNA than WWE.

Road Warrior Hawk had it and continued to Wrestle.

Bob Orton Jr. had it since childhood. He got fired by WWE as he bled a gusher in a match between Randy and Undertaker as he didnt tell Undertaker or Johnny Ace he had it. As he thought they knew. Undertaker went ****ing mental and Ace was close to losing his job.

Pwtorch also reported this after that:
    Following the Bob Orton hepatitis fallout, word has leaked that at least two on-air WWE personalities are also affected by the disease.

Because of hepatitis' contagious nature, the two do not engage in overly physical angles with the potential for bloodflow.

Undertaker, despite testing negative, remains upset that Johnny Ace allowed Bob Orton, who is positive for hepatitis, to bleed in their exchange late last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

There's no solid evidence to suggest WWE and TNA wrestlers have Hep. C (and I don't count a very vague PW Torch report as solid evidence). Especially considering how quickly TNA dropped Waltman once they found out about it.

There's no solid evidence to suggest WWE and TNA wrestlers have Hep. C (and I don't count a very vague PW Torch report as solid evidence). Especially considering how quickly TNA dropped Waltman once they found out about it.

Ok, mate.

TNA knew it already it was that the Athletic Commission wouldnt let him wrestle in certain State.

Ok, mate.

TNA knew it already it was that the Athletic Commission wouldnt let him wrestle in certain State.

You made a big accusation and have yet to provide a decent source for it. Where are you getting your information?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭sliotor

i have to say drayme i believe your wong about wwe bringing in talent with hep c to wrestle full time schedule's, even if that is correct bob orton he was not brought on full time just to work a segment and in the wrestling road diaries danielson talks about wwe testing his blood and not finalising his contract until there was a signoff from a doctor concerning his kidney issue and there is a video on you tube of a wrestler been turned away because he had it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,979 ✭✭✭cena

Just read there on the pro wrestling torch app the he could be returning soon either behide the scenes or in front of the camera. Also he, undertaker and triple h were at a recent fcw show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

cena wrote: »
    Just read there on the pro wrestling torch app the he could be returning soon either behide the scenes or in front of the camera. Also he, undertaker and triple h were at a recent fcw show.

Here's a link to the news: http://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/feed_news-19518-ExWWE_Superstar_Returning_Very_Soon.php

You made a big accusation and have yet to provide a decent source for it. Where are you getting your information?

Where have I accused anyone all I did was direct people to reports. So that's kind of a dumb thing to say.

Secondly if you dont comsider the Torch and the Observer decent sources then lol @ you.
    sliotor wrote: »
    i have to say drayme i believe your wong about wwe bringing in talent with hep c to wrestle full time schedule's, even if that is correct bob orton he was not brought on full time just to work a segment and in the wrestling road diaries danielson talks about wwe testing his blood and not finalising his contract until there was a signoff from a doctor concerning his kidney issue and there is a video on youtube of a wrestler been turned away because he had it.

You are talking about a range of different time periods and different health situations here.

Where have I accused anyone all I did was direct people to reports. So that's kind of a dumb thing to say.

Secondly if you dont comsider the Torch and the Observer decent sources then lol @ you.

You referenced a rather old PW Torch article that just says 'two people had it' without naming names. That's not good enough. You said:

which is a huge accusation to make any you haven't provided any links to back it up. And I do consider the Wrestling Observer a relatively reliable source, if they actually said it post the link. Otherwise you're talking nonsense.

You are talking about a range of different time periods and different health situations here.

As are you when you mention Xpac, Bob Orton Jnr and Hawk.

It's only since the mid 90s that we have really wised up to Hep C, and alot of the old guard would still see no problem with it. Thankfully they don't wrestle anymore bar the odd indie show, but even then that's still ignorent on the performer and promoters part.

'Taker getting pissed off? Rightly so! Why should his health be put at risk like that?

The difference between the risk of taking a big bump and the risk of getting Hep C are like this: With the big bump, you both agree to it. You both decide to put your body through it and take the risks, but ones you are also trained for and your body can recover from that (Hopefully) won't cost you your day job. If a wrestler has Hep C however they are putting the other wrestler and their career in huge risk. Say if X Pac had of bled accidently during the match with El Generico, and the blood got into his system. Genericos career is then ****ed, as WWE and TNA won't touch him, and hopefully indie companies will so wise up and then that'll cost him even more pay days, all because someone with Hep C decide to keep wrestling and not take the other wrestlers health into consideration.

I'll try find you the topic, but there was a great short film posted here about a guy who got turned down from WWE because of his Hep C that he got from wrestling Abdullah The Butcher (Ignore Billy Grahmn during the interview, he just uses it as a chance to say **** the WWE). Plus it's the apparent reason why WWE turned down Nigel McGuinness and why he hasn't been wrestling for TNA anymore.

You referenced a rather old PW Torch article that just says 'two people had it' without naming names. That's not good enough.

According to who it is not good enough?
    which is a huge accusation to make any you haven't provided any links to back it up. And I do consider the Wrestling Observer a relatively reliable source, if they actually said it post the link. Otherwise you're talking nonsense.

Hawk, Orton and X-Pac having hep is a matter of public record it has been widely reported and all three have talked on record about whether it be media interviews, shoot interviews or news interviews. The Wrestling Observer has reported about all three people numerous times. Hawk having hep C is in the Tributes II book. I didnt know these were obscure facts here.

The difference between the risk of taking a big bump and the risk of getting Hep C are like this: With the big bump, you both agree to it. You both decide to put your body through it and take the risks, but ones you are also trained for and your body can recover from that (Hopefully) won't cost you your day job. If a wrestler has Hep C however they are putting the other wrestler and their career in huge risk. Say if X Pac had of bled accidently during the match with El Generico, and the blood got into his system. Genericos career is then ****ed, as WWE and TNA won't touch him, and hopefully indie companies will so wise up and then that'll cost him even more pay days, all because someone with Hep C decide to keep wrestling and not take the other wrestlers health into consideration.

Again what if El Generico goes into the ring with Sean knowing and accepting the risk? Sean's health status is public and he does tell every opponent he has it.
    I'll try find you the topic, but there was a great short film posted here about a guy who got turned down from WWE because of his Hep C that he got from wrestling Abdullah The Butcher

You are taking that guys word here? How do know he got it from Abby? Do some research about the indy worker he wrested in Puerto Rico, apparently he shares needles and screws every ring rat he can find.
    Plus it's the apparent reason why WWE turned down Nigel McGuinness and why he hasn't been wrestling for TNA anymore.

WWE didnt turn him down for that and Nigel indirectly shoot the hep rumour down.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Hawk, Orton and X-Pac having hep is a matter of public record it has been widely reported and all three have talked on record about whether it be media interviews, shoot interviews or news interviews. The Wrestling Observer has reported about all three people numerous times. Hawk having hep C is in the Tributes II book. I didnt know these were obscure facts here.

You still haven't backed your argument up that there are workers currently within WWE and TNA who have Hep C. Stop dodging the question. There's no shame in admitting you don't have proof. One vague quote from one old article isn't proof. Hawk, Orton and X-Pac aren't currently active in-ring in either company.

One vague quote from one old article isn't proof.

Ok, judge.

I am not dodging any issue I posted a link to a story which you wont accept. I am not dodging any issue stop being a jackass. Conversely no one is offering any proof that there is no one in WWE/TNA with it.

Dave Meltzer mentions that there is cases in both companies from time to time when the issue comes up. Due to certain laws it is difficult for journalists to "out" those with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ Less of the personal abuse drayme. Your point would have been just as good without it.

Title edited so people know that the discussion has moved on from X Pac.

• Advertisement

gimmick wrote: »
    ^ Less of the personal abuse drayme. Your point would have been just as good without it.

Sorry but people are a bit OTT in going after me. All I was demonstrating is that historically many have had it and WWE/TNA dont have a zero policy on hepatitis. It isn't a reason for automatic dismissal.

Also via meds the Hepatitis can be rendered inactive.

Advertisement