Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tempest 4 - NewPort Cafe Bar, Paul St, Cork - 28/05/11

Options
  • 16-05-2011 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭

With a little later notice than usual, here comes Tempest 4.

As a special note, Arcade Edition comes out next month, and with the Evo Qualifier in Dublin June's Inferno has been canceled. That makes Tempest 4 the last SSFIV tournament in Ireland!
    Who dares make the long trek to Cork to be declared best SSFIV player in Ireland for all time?

Bring it.

Venue is the NewPort Cafe Bar, Cork. Alas, the planned relocation to a new, cheaper venue has not panned out yet.
    (Also, I forgot to mention this last time before the event, but no food or drink can be consumed that was not bought on the premesis. You'll have to go outside to eat them reaction enhancing bananas)
    Entry is €10 to the tournament.
    Casuals and registration start at 11.00. The tournament will start at 12.00.

Like last time, this tournament will be run exclusively on Xbox 360s. Sorry all you PS3 boyos. Now might be a good time to invest in a converter.
    There'll be a couple of extra pads on hand for those without, but please bring your own controller of choice if possible.
    Anyone who can bring equipment (Games, consoles, monitors, etc) please do so!

If anyone needs to contact me and wants my mobile number, PM me.

Finally, this event will be seeded based on the results from the previous events. The seed list is currently:

seedt4.png

Here's a quick map of the venue in relation to the bus and train stations.

SFCorkMap.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Rules are as follows

Prize pot will be split 60/30/10 among the top 3 finishers.

A group stage followed by a double elimination stage. Each match in the group stage will consist of 3 games with each game beings best of 3 rounds. The third game of a match in the group stages will only be played in the event of a tie after the second set. If one player wins the first 2 games the third game is not played.

After the group stage is over a draw will take place to determine the first round upper bracket matches of the double elimination stage. Winners of a group will be randomly drawn against the runner ups of other groups. The first round of the lower bracket will also be a random draw from the players who lost in the first round of the upper brackets.

Each match in the double elimination stage will be best of 3 games and each game is best of 3 rounds.

1. All characters are selectable.

2. Custom controllers and button configuration is allowed.

3. Turbo is banned. Anyone who is caught using this feature will be disqualified.

4. Players can change characters in each round of the double elimination phase. However once a match has started they may only change characters in a match after losing a set. The winner of the first set must stick to his character he started the set with and may only change if he loses the second set, in which case the winner of the second set must then stick to the character he used in the second set.

5. Double Blind select available in the event of people being concerned about counter picking. An admin will assist with this if required.

6. Rock, paper, scissors is used in the event of people being unable to agree on which side they want to sit on.

7. In the event of a player pausing a game during a round or his stick/pad fails during a round, he forfeits the round unless both players agree to carry on. If there is a dispute an admin will resolve the dispute.

8. In the event of a game ending in a draw, the game will scrapped and not counted towards the results. It will then be replayed.

9. Players who are overly disruptive during a competition or who are distracting other players can be removed from the tournament at the discretion of the tournament admins.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Recording with the band that day. :( Sorry Sairus, I really wanted to make it down and play top heel for the day.

Recording with the band that day. :( Sorry Sairus, I really wanted to make it down and play top heel for the day.

Ah, darn shame.
    You wouldn't have stood a chance anyways, so it's all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Will try and make my way down. Wouldn't want to miss the last Super tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Speedhaak

I'll definitely make this one, Sorry I missed the last two. Work schedule has been all over the place. Have HDMI and VGA monitors available if needed.

• Advertisement

Speedhaak wrote: »
    I'll definitely make this one, Sorry I missed the last two. Work schedule has been all over the place. Have HDMI and VGA monitors available if needed.

Ah no worries. And monitors would indeed be great. We had a spare 360 with no monitor last time, which is always a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Cool, I'm in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

I'm in as usual, don't think I should be so free this time around as I'm getting quite comfortable with stick at this stage, me thinks. :)

Yeah, I'll be up to bringing me xbox again as well, even though mine was the one that sat out the last time due to a lack of monitors. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Chris IWS

I should be along. I have an XBox VGA cable if anybody has a VGA only monitor lying around.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Shokashi

I'll be up again. Doing some major training because of Chris's balrog. I think it was him. See you guys there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Definitely up for this

• Registered Users Posts: 11 seanalot

It be on! Glad it's still on in the newport. It's nice to have a few pints with my streetfighter. I bought a stick an everything. So I'm taking -10 hit to dexterity until I get the hang of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

seanalot wrote: »
    It be on! Glad it's still on in the newport. It's nice to have a few pints with my streetfighter. I bought a stick an everything. So I'm taking -10 hit to dexterity until I get the hang of it.

Taking after me, are we? :p

This needs to be settled.
    First to Five. Misty v Seanalot. 28th May.
    Get hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Sorry Sai. Would love to come down but I am in the studio with Doom that day :(

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭goodjay

thanks for PM,now iv no excuse to miss it this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Missing Score

I wish I could go ;_; but I'll be on my holidays at the time... for the next one though, do you guys ever do MvC? ^_^_^_^

I wish I could go ;_; but I'll be on my holidays at the time... for the next one though, do you guys ever do MvC? ^_^_^_^

Sorry to hear it, but they're on regular every month now so we'll catch you again!
    MvC goes sadly unplayed in these parts. I was briefly learning the game, but complete lack of interest made me give up on that. I still bring my copy to all the events for some games though!

Sairus wrote: »
    Sorry to hear it, but they're on regular every month now so we'll catch you again!
    MvC goes sadly unplayed in these parts. I was briefly learning the game, but complete lack of interest made me give up on that. I still bring my copy to all the events for some games though!
    Awesome -- I've got a few friends at work who play a bit of MvC and MK now as well too. They'd probably be interested as well.

With AE coming out though I should brush up on my SF ^^';

Awesome -- I've got a few friends at work who play a bit of MvC and MK now as well too. They'd probably be interested as well.
    Good stuff! Sure send them down our way anyways. Even if they don't end up entering the tournament it's always good to meet some of the other local fighters!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭goodjay

With AE coming out though I should brush up on my SF ^^';

iv boath these games,deff be up for a few fights.playing Mk single player boss battles is anofe to make me give up gaming for life:mad::mad:

Is the tourney always on a saturday every month or do you ever mix it up and rock a sunday or a bank holiday monday? :>

• Registered Users Posts: 10,977 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

As has been said many, many times, Sundays just do not work for small one day tournaments.

As has been said many, many times, Sundays just do not work for small one day tournaments.

Well I can only hope you can excuse my abhorrent ignorance! Forgive me, sir -- I am new to this thread and tournament. I hope that my naivety can earn me the graces of your pity etc etc so on and so forth

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Well I can only hope you can excuse my abhorrent ignorance! Forgive me, sir -- I am new to this thread and tournament. I hope that my naivety can earn me the graces of your pity etc etc so on and so forth

Ignore him he's from tallaght :pac:

But he is right. There's just no attraction for Sundays (or bank holidays). People don't fancy going out to the tournaments as much and even when they do it's harder to get there if you're using public transport.

Is the tourney always on a saturday every month or do you ever mix it up and rock a sunday or a bank holiday monday? :>

Yar, alas running these on Sundays rarely works out. Buses/parking and venue bookings by themselves are generally more awkward. Even aside from that, people just have a tendency to go to church like good little boys laze around on Sundays so numbers are usually lower.

I try to keep the Cork tourneys as close to the 4th Saturday of every month as possible.

Ahh, cool -- yeah it makes sense about sundays. I live quite close to the city centre so the whole transport thing never really occurs to me to be honest >.< ty for explaining that :>

If you're around the city centre I run casuals in my house every now and then, including a session this weekend. You're more than welcome to drop on by.

Just bumping this so y'all have no excuse to miss me kicking your asses and taking your money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Blood-Martyr

Sairus wrote: »
    Just bumping this so y'all have no excuse to miss me kicking your asses and taking your money.

Execpt when we need to work weekends and cannot make the gig.

Yo ain't getting my money Sai :)

Advertisement