Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi A3 or VW Golf

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

pajo1981 wrote: »
    The current A3 is basically an 8 YO car, and only a total fúcking idiot would buy one new.

Same can be said if the Golf. The Audi has been refreshed extensively just like that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭pajo1981

EPM wrote: »
    Same can be said if the Golf. The Audi has been refreshed extensively just like that too.

Not to the same extent that the golf has.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

Not to the same extent that the golf has.
    The golf is underrated. Maybe Im biased but Ive driven a few different cars (including my bro's BMW) and I can safely ay that my TDI Golf trumps em all.Granted its an import, but its head and shoulders above every car I've driven.(My BMW driving bro will vouch for this).:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

The current A3 is basically an 8 YO car, and only a total fúcking idiot would buy one new.

The turbo engines are from 07 for the 1.4 the 1.8 tfsi are from 09
    1.6 and 1.9tdi engines aren't produced anymore

KilOit wrote: »
    The turbo engines are from 07 for the 1.4 the 1.8 tfsi are from 09
    1.6 and 1.9tdi engines aren't produced anymore
    Golfs are cheaper.And better. Import a golf with all the trimmings from the UK and your laughing compared to a poverty spec A3from a robbing garage.

• Advertisement

PARKHEAD67 wrote: »
    The golf is underrated. Maybe Im biased but Ive driven a few different cars (including my bro's BMW) and I can safely ay that my TDI Golf trumps em all.Granted its an import, but its head and shoulders above every car I've driven.(My BMW driving bro will vouch for this).:cool:

It all depends what exactly you are comparing it against.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,360 ✭✭✭roosterman71

But the Leon is a better looking car than the golf or a3 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

If someone was buying me the car I would select the a3 as I think it looks more pleasing, however if it were my own money I'd go for the golf as it might represent better value for money and would be easy to sell on afterwards.

I agree. But they really fceked up on the interior. It's well screwed together but materials are bad in parts. But my last one with 120k km on it was rattle free.

Not interior wise.The Leon looks good from the outside alright.But the badge-grabber will pay lots more for those 4 circles;)

• Advertisement

It all depends what exactly you are comparing it against.
    True.Its a 04 1.8 petrol.Dont get me wrong.I love bmw's. My next car will be BMW.(second-hand)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Scrappychimow

Audi A3s are way better than boring 2nd best VWgolfs, metaphorically speaking golf drivers are tesco customers and us Audi drivers shop in M&S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Scrappychimow

I'm afraid you should stick to Aldi.

Audi A3s are way better than boring 2nd best VWgolfs, metaphorically speaking golf drivers are tesco customers and us Audi drivers shop in M&S.
    Ha.gas stuff. Are you Ross O Carroll Kelly??:D

Post of the century.:DI drive a golf by the way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

"Us Audi Drivers". haha jesus you'd swear your driving a Bently. I like Audi they have pedigree (thanks to marketing) but to say it's in a different league to Volkswagen is stupid. Same production line, same engines, same transmissions, same suspension, same electrics.
    If I was buying a new car tomorrow and i had to pick a VAG product I'd stick with Volkswagen, why spend thousands for the same car?

Oh ya the four little rings.

Sitec wrote: »
    "Us Audi Drivers". haha jesus you'd swear your driving a Bently. I like Audi they have pedigree (thanks to marketing) but to say it's in a different league to Volkswagen is stupid. Same production line, same engines, same transmissions, same suspension, same electrics.
    If I was buying a new car tomorrow and i had to pick a VAG product I'd stick with Volkswagen, why spend thousands for the same car?

Oh ya the four little rings.
    Hes taking the piss. Surely!;)

I'm afraid you should stick to Aldi.

You are trolling. Stop before I need to use bold text.

True.Its a 04 1.8 petrol.Dont get me wrong.I love bmw's. My next car will be BMW.(second-hand)

What engine has yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

What engine has yours?

Sounds like he's comparing a 2.0L TDI 140 golf to an E46 316i...

Don't think many cars would have trouble trumping that particular model, not exactly Bavaria's finest engine.

• Advertisement

What engine has yours?
    The old despised 1.9 tee dilly eye:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Hes taking the piss. Surely!;)

I wouldn't be surprised if that was a serious post.

For me its partly due to the attitudes and ego's that drivers of certain German brands display that would cause me not to want to be assosiated with owning one.

I see it in work regularly, customers leaving in a passat and trying to give me step by step instructions on how to use the 'special' electronic handbrake as if its something that only people of a certain 'class' would be familiar with.
    I've actually been on the recieving end of looks of distain and disbilief and was once even looked up and down when I mentioned to them that I used to own a new model passat.:rolleyes:(long story..I didn't own one by choice)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Fishtits

Both are "runabouts"

The A3 should have a few more creature comforts than the Golf but you never know...

Can't beat the base Golf, 90 bhp, manual windows etc, imho. 55mpg., recorded as completed 450k Miles before terminal wear.

The old despised 1.9 tee dilly eye:D

You need to drive a few more cars then:D

Advertisement