Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sportsmanship?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭DB888

It actually was a brilliant fight.Mihai is an absolute warrior,took a beating from the start but never once looked like he wanted out,so much respect for him.Id totally agree with John F's point with a 17yr old fighting pro rules

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ollieo

stevemc01 wrote: »
    First of all, Richies gameplan was not to 'cheap shot' (as its being called) Mihai, what happened was unfortunate but it wasn't intentional. From where I was and from the video it appears that they touched and Richie followed up quickly with the left. It looks a hell of a lot worse because Mihai is an orthodox fighter and Richie is a southpaw. Again it didn't look good but it wasn't planned, Richie generally doesnt touch gloves and he didnt realise what had happened until after the fight.

Although I train with Richie, these are my opinions and my words. I can confirm that he is not the devil and neither does he have 666 printed on his head. What happened last night was just one of those things but I'll stress again and I know this for a fact, it was not intentional or planned. Mihai seems happy to accept that and thats the main thing. Hopefully everyone involved will learn from it and move on. Best of luck to Mihai, he has a great future.

I never said Richie was the devil or anything similar, but it was a cheap shot, it wasn't illegal but it certainly wasn't sporting.

I will say no more about it as I said previously it "could have been a rush of blood" and probably was.

Advertisement