Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show 13-5-11

Options
1222324252628»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Calico101

Please don't ask me for evidence....this is a chat forum after all!

A friend dismissed reports of scientific findings that could have aroused suspicion, saying traces of Madeleine’s DNA allegedly found in the back of the car they hired 25 days after she disappeared could be explained easily.
    He also sought to explain why sniffer dogs - trained to detect the "smell of death" - allegedly became so excited when shown the boot of the car.
    "Kate and Gerry had to transport all their rubbish to a communal rubbish dump half a mile away," the friend said.
    "There was a regular run with the boot of the car being full of rubbish including bags of rotting fruit, rotting meat and soiled nappies belonging to the twins."
    The friend said the dogs would have been confused by the mix of smells. It is understood new DNA tests are being carried out by the Forensic Science Services in Birmingham and results could be passed to Portuguese authorities this week.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1563652/Madeleine-McCann-parents-fear-their-phones-are-being-tapped-in-Britain.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Cadaver dogs are trained to pick up the smell of decomposing human flesh. So this ''friend'' can fúck right off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Im sure tha cadaver dogs know the difference between human flesh and a half pound of shaws!

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Cris Jones

jos28 wrote: »
    Just a couple of points of clarification. If you read my post correctly you will note that I did not say supermarket, I said shop. Which in my case was my local village shop where I stood less than 20 yards from my car. I stood at the door, asked the assistant to pass me the milk while keeping my eye on the children at all times. This occurred over twenty years ago and I mentioned it to prove that as parents many of us have taken risks. It is very easy for people to get on a high horse and claim that they were always perfect parents. I challenge any parent to swear that they NEVER took their eyes off their children as some stage. As regards the thread, I would argue that it is not a 'sick thread' as you state. If you read back through the thread you will see posts that reflect both sides of what has become a very divisive issue. Admittedly some people posted what I consider to be distasteful images which are doing the rounds on forums and emails worldwide. If you look beyond them you will see some rational and compassionate posts. The main point that I was trying to make is that I cannot understand why I struggle to feel sympathy for the McCanns. If you read my post correctly you will see that I was attempting to ascertain why. If you read post 776 by Greentopia, you will see that she offers a very plausible explanation;' I think actually they would gain a lot more public sympathy if they admitted what they did was wrong in leaving the kids unsupervised even for such a short time, but I've not heard them say that once in any interview' This is the kind of response I was endeavoring to find. By the way, as Jonathonanon pointed out - I am female (and as human as most parents) !
    You did say supermarket and it doesnt matter if it was shop or supermarket, or 20 years ago, you left your kids alone and jonathan anon and all the other posters backing you up are all just high on dissing this couple and agreeing with each other on a sick thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Cris Jones

Calico101 wrote: »
    Please don't ask me for evidence....this is a chat forum after all!

Say no more.;):D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

The man is a highly educated doctor,he can surely think on hes feet and string a sentence together!

On the one hand people castigate them for NOT being in bits and yet when they DO lose the rag people use it as a stick to beat them anyway?

Ah lads! FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Appleblossom42

Greentopia wrote: »
    I've been reading up more on the case this morning and it seems the Portuguese police did such an inept job in obtaining and examining forensic evidence it's not surprising they found little evidence. They just wanted them to go away so they wouldn't hurt their tourist industry.
    The British experts that were brought in found some blood samples in the apartment but the results were inconclusive.
    What evidence is there that makes you so sure the parents were involved, apart from a gut feeling?
    They were cleared of any involvement in her disappearance by the police because of lack of evidence.

Sniffer dogs cannot be used to establish a case, only to support one.
    The dog handler in the case himself admitted the animals offered no more than "a guide".
    Traces of blood can last a hundred years or more as evidence so basically what the dog identified could have been anyones blood who ever stayed in that apartment.
    Also the police only brought sniffer dogs in to investigate months afterwards, after several other people had stayed in the apartment which means any evidence found by the dogs is totally compromised.
    Also if there was a deceased body in that apartment there would be scent all over the apartment not in one small area behind the couch as was the case.

What sources do you have that proves that they lied in interviews?
    I didn't see any shifty behaviour or smirking last night. I just saw an aged and gaunt woman who -as someone else put looked like a broken woman. I say a husband who probably wants to stay strong for his wife and remaining kids.

Yes they are self-possessed and in control of their emotions in public but so what? many people show little public displays of emotion. You can't extrapolate anything from that. Also they're British middle-class. Stiff-upper lip and all that.

They're probably doing their best to keep it together in public (and they were advised to do so before their first public appeal for help) but how they behave in private could be quite different. Kate said last night her husband was on the floor in tears after it happened.
    And actually I do remember her crying on Oprah.

What you say reminds me of the protagonist in Albert Camus's book The Outsider-condemned to death for a murder because he didn't cry at his mother's funeral.
    That book reminded me of the folly of judging peoples actions based only on whether they conform to social mores or not.

Tubridy: So Kate, how did you KNOW that Madeleine was taken when you went into the bedoom?
    Kate McC: The shutters were open. I mean, I'm not lying about that.

Totally agree, very well put. All those people talking about them grieving, what's the big deal? Grief is not just to do with death, it's to do with loss. They're grieving the fact that Madeleine is no longer with them. If I went into my three/four year old's bedroom at night (especially on holidays) and found her gone and the window open, the very first thing I would do is think someone had come in and taken her too. Gerry McCann said on the show that the cadaver dogs were there at their request. All the files were not released so hopefully with the British now looking at the files again at the McCanns request (not exactly the action of parents that had something to do with her disappearance), they might find something to help reopen the case. Also it was disgusting the way the papers were saying Gerry wasn't even her biological father. Is it any wonder they want to guard themselves, they're not in the public eye to entertain us with, will they or won't they break down on tv and to then to critise their every move and look. Why should they show those personal feelings to the baying crowd? Before Madeleine went missing they were probably very private people. They are both doctors so would be able to keep some sort of distance too. Hopefully David Cameron will give the go ahead for the case to be reopened.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Calico101

. They are both doctors so would be able to keep some sort of distance too.

Just an aside, but I've always thought that if they really are guilty of killing/disposing of Madeline, only someone with the professional detachment that being a doctor requires would be capable of it.

Advertisement