Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's up with this weather ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Plastik

Yep, disgusted I didn't cycle in this morning. Damn my laziness. Have just plotted out a nice 55k for when I get home though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

• Registered Users Posts: 7,386 ✭✭✭fletch

Nicest cycle home this evening in a LONG time...traffic backed up the entire length of the Phoenix Park...no wind....20degrees...a pleasure :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

A rare sight..great to see and savour

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

It's a real novelty not having wind, feels like the bike just got upgraded to a far better model that practically pedals itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,301 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

weather station said 26.5 yesterday

upto 22 already (11:00am) heres to driving around and standing around all weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Unreal out there, tan lines well and truly started now. hayfever gone nuts though but i ll take that over the wind

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Bloody cold up the military road this afternoon with visibility ranging from bugger all to none whatsoever. Ended up bailing and going down by Powerscourt to do a couple of laps of Knockree / Coolakay. I'm hoping for a few degrees warmer and few metres more visibility next Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

smacl wrote: »
    Bloody cold up the military road this afternoon with visibility ranging from bugger all to none whatsoever.

Was up there myself this aft. Wasnt too cold. Visibilty was dreadful though. What kit were you wearing?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

Sally Gap was just horrible this morning. Went as far as the Shay Elliott and back. Zero visibility, cold wet fog and a nasty wind. The only thing missing was black ice. It's June FFS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭get on your bike

+1 on that. Was up there this afternoon and was planning a longish route but turned left at Sally gap and back over old hill and home. Was bleeding rotten up there. Fingers crossed for next Sunday long term forecast saying nit much wind or rain but temp to drop. Whats de ideal conditions for de ww200 I'm wondering

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭seve65

beautiful sunshine & sunset north of glanmire tonight, but it was b*****dy freezing !

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭ccull123

oh the wind and rain is back again folks......
    What a crap summer. For every good day there has been at least another 20 bad. I think i have just learnt to accept it and work with it( that doesnt mean i like it though) :)
    Someone please tell me August will be better. I need some motivation to get me through the Winter Months:)

ccull123 wrote: »
    oh the wind and rain is back again folks......
    What a crap summer. For every good day there has been at least another 20 bad. I think i have just learnt to accept it and work with it( that doesnt mean i like it though) :)
    Someone please tell me August will be better. I need some motivation to get me through the Winter Months:)

august will be better

i'm lying

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

It was gorgeous in Wicklow mid-morning today.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Whitehawk

Im holding out for a good september!

What are yous on? It has been very warm for weeks now with loads of sunshine. I cycle to work every day and got rained twice in the last month, even then it wasn't that bad. Got burned two saturdays ago. Needed suncream today.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Just got soaked there but my tan lines are looking great from all the nice weather. :)

This day next week I'll be away in the sun so I'm not too worried about the rain. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

It was gorgeous in Wicklow mid-morning today.

Is mid morning 10:30-10:35?

Diarmuid wrote: »
    Is mid morning 10:30-10:35?
    I left my house in Artane at about 10:30 in a light drizzle. It was warm and sunny by the time I got to Connolly station. Had coffee outside in the sun in Enniskerry. It remained sunny all the way home. It was a touch windy. I'll give you that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

miserable as always down here in tralee :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

Heading over to the Tour of the Lakes in Mullingar in the morning, weather forecast is for strong to gale winds and showers - its the middle of July for crying out loud ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭ashleey

Left Kilkenny at 3 to overnight in mullingar with family who drove up and then to Donegal tomorrow. The bike is going on the car and I'm driving. The rain was dreadful. Never again. Good luck in tour of lakes tomorrow the forecast is bad. There was an inch of standing water on the roads after portlaoise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

........and now a request for everyone complaining about the weather......

:D:D (NSFW)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

EH IT'S IRELAND GUYS, THIS IS NORMAL WEATHER, DRY AND SUNNY IS A BONUS.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Jawgap wrote: »
    ........and now a request for everyone complaining about the weather......

:D:D (NSFW)

the techno viking part made me laugh haha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

Just back from 2 weeks in Portugal where due to the relentless sunshine I was forced to watch the Tour in an air conditioned bar where the pints were E1.50 and an espresso was 70c.
    Still, great to be home.....:rolleyes:

CPL 593H

ashleey wrote: »
    Left Kilkenny at 3 to overnight in mullingar with family who drove up and then to Donegal tomorrow. The bike is going on the car and I'm driving. The rain was dreadful. Never again. Good luck in tour of lakes tomorrow the forecast is bad. There was an inch of standing water on the roads after portlaoise.

72km in the pishing rain and 40mph winds a nice summers day up here :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Buy a mountain bike

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

the techno viking part made me laugh haha
    That bit was funny, the whole video is good fun, why can't all companies have team videos like that ?

Advertisement