Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radio Ads and the Cork Accent

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I have a very mild, almost neutral, accent most of the time, but strong bits of Corkage creep out every so often and I like that. If you think it's funny to listen to, it's even funnier to find yourself speaking in that way. :pac:

One of the funniest things EVER is the sound of a really camp guy with a strong Cork accent. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭FinnLizzy

The Republic of Telly seems to go overkill on the Limerick/Cawrk accents.... either that, or they're just trying to make fun of poor people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Really thick Cork accents are rare enough but jesus they are annoying, anyone trying to sound like that should be committed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Well im going out with a cork girl and must say i really like it, i must be odd:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

The boared.ie crews sad Cork inferiority complex is coming to the fore again.There's only two kinds of people in ireland people from Cork and people who wish they were.Suck it up and stand to attention for your national anthem you sad and pathetic shower of miserable begrudging beep beeps.:)

As a Cork person born and bred, I cringe for you.
    I also see little to no attacks on Cork people here - just good-natured messing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Babydiva

The Cork accent stimulates all of my senses accumulating in a multi orgasmic explosion of joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭jpm4

_meehan_ wrote: »
    I hate those ads with the over-exaggerated accent..I'm from Cork and I've never heard anyone talk naturally with an accent like that..it's all for show!

Yeah me too....I literally cannot remember the last time I told somebody I was from Cork and didn't get the reply : "Oh, you don't sound like you're from Cork?". People seem astonished when it is pointed out that 1) Most Cork people don't sound like Gift Grub Roy Keane and 2) Cork is a large county and has a few different accents at least within.

Advertisement