Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you ever vote Fianna Fáil again?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭cosanostra

I never have and never will on the basis that FF are in politics for themselves and not the people

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

The way I see it. In the next couple of years FG will be viewed by the public the same as FF are now.
    FG might be viewed in years to come as incompetent or something similar, etc if they make future errors but when it comes to levels of corruption, lies and dodgy characters - no, I don't think (and hope!) they (FF) will ever be matched.
    ...the Irish public are generally forgetful.
    True. Lest we forget and learn from history or once again its bound to repeat itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

The irish culchie will crawl back to fianna fail like a battered wife crawls back to her bastard of a husband. Stage one of this process is "sure they're all the same" which is where we're at right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Bambi wrote: »
    The irish culchie will crawl back to fianna fail like a battered wife crawls back to her bastard of a husband. Stage one of this process is "sure they're all the same" which is where we're at right now.
    There's city folk just as guilty of crawling back to FF as country folk.

Personally, I don't think I could trust anyone in FF who was involved with the previous government. If that lot were ousted and FF could convince me that they're actually going towork for the Irish people, as well as offering up workable plans to better the country, then I'd be willing to give them a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

If they're offering a credible option and providing a good opposition, then I can't see what not.

Didn't see FG or Lab offering any good alternatives during the boom years and they have quickly reneged on their promises. Can't see any good option in any of the 3 main political parties.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

Biggins wrote: »
    FG might be viewed in years to come as incompetent or something similar, etc if they make future errors but when it comes to levels of corruption, lies and dodgy characters - no, I don't think (and hope!) they (FF) will ever be matched.

True. Lest we forget and learn from history or once again its bound to repeat itself.

About 5 mins after getting into power they poured a couple billion euro into IL+P. A poxy little bank with massive debts that was realistically worth 200m in the boom. That's not stupidity, or incomopetence. What that is, is a blatent disregard for the people who voted for them. To be so blantant so early on makes me feel sick. Can't stand anyone who voted for these shammers. Just as bad as FF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

humanji wrote: »
    There's city folk just as guilty of crawling back to FF as country folk.

Precisely! Dublin returned Lenihan, Cork returned Martin & my own former constituency of Limerick inexplicably returned the useless libel-spouting prat with the tash.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

No. As long as there is air in my lungs not one of those fcuking treasonous b@stards will get a sniff of my vote.

As an aside keep an eye out for the FF TD that sits next to Mehole Martin with Lenihan isn't there. He makes me laugh everything. Its like they got him straight from an asylum. Jaw open, drooling, spaced out.

Sums up the party's record on the economic disaster really.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Sure even for their policies/ideas, they can't be bothered their arse even to turn up in the Dail to support those or their own yesterday - or even the FF man himself that introduced a private members bill!
    A LABOUR TD has lashed out at Fianna Fáil for not being able to provide a single TD during discussion on a bill they had themselves brought forward.
    Shortly after discussion on the bill began this evening, not one Fianna Fáil TD was present in the Dáil chamber during discussion on the party’s Private Members’ Bill...

See: http://www.thejournal.ie/nobody-home-ff-benches-empty-for-discussion-on-ff-bill-135148-May2011/

...And they expect others to be stupid enough to support them? Laughable!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

orourkeda wrote: »
    Ahhhhhh. The irish voter

Ahhhhhh. The AH poster

flash1080 wrote: »
    I vote for the best candidates in my constituency, so I will be voting for FF again.

That's all well and good until you realise that all they do in the Dail is vote the way their party tells them to vote.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sideway

short answer is yes but i think this country has to get away from the ff fg divide , we need a dif. system from here on in ,fg now in power and nothing is really changing or going to change , its all about jobs for the boys , we need a new system and new ideas or we are all f...... . we are corrupt people in a corrupt country and untiill this changes we are heading for disaster .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Gophur

FF need to be eradicated, extinguished, eliminated, for their arrogance, incompetence and their corruption.

It's sad to hear so many saying they would vote for FF, even after what FF have done to this once great Country.

We're down on our knees because of FF, yet some people would still consider supporting them. Incredible!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,856 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Noel Coonan is our local FG TD and never was there a more useless TD going. Mr Invisible as they call him

And people wonder why we vote Michael Lowry....
    Well at least he works!

Yeah, he works on lining his own pocket. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Foxhound38 wrote: »
    So the election is over and we now have a sparkling new Government to seperate us from our hard earned cash. We all know that voters (particularly Irish ones) have short memories, but I would be interested to hear if the fine citizens of After Hours would ever consider voting Fianna Fáil again in the future after the antics of the Bertie and Biffo Show, and what it would take to make them do so?

Wait hold on a sec... there was another 1?
    TheZohan wrote: »
    There is no difference between FF's and FG's politics, none, zero, zilch.

It's same ****, different party.

The problem wasn't the politcs, it was the politicians...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

You know just over a hundred years ago a black person in the US would have said the same thing about Democrats,as they were the "slave supporting" party,while the republcans were not.

Bit of a length but you get my picture.Stating you'll never vote for a party agan is ridiculous.Especially over time when new people enter etc and with the reforms FF are taking(With even John Bruton commending them for it,and scowling at his for FG part for not doing any).

This idea that the whole of FF is corrupt,being some evil doers in a cave plotting away to get back into power is laughable.

Well lads and lassies,heres an update,The only thing all political partys want to do is get into power!Why you may ask?No not for selfish means but to implement policys that they believe help people.And as for corruption,well every party has it.I'll speak from my own perspective from the youth party groups in my college,The most ignoran and power seeking are in FG,why?Because they think FF has no position o help then.Besidesone person seemingly the FF one has nice genuine people.Then the Socilaists are just whack jobs :pac:

Advertisement