Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you ever vote Fianna Fáil again?

Options
  • 12-05-2011 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭

So the election is over and we now have a sparkling new Government to seperate us from our hard earned cash. We all know that voters (particularly Irish ones) have short memories, but I would be interested to hear if the fine citizens of After Hours would ever consider voting Fianna Fáil again in the future after the antics of the Bertie and Biffo Show, and what it would take to make them do so?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

never have never will

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭DaveDaRave

Already did.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭policarp

Foxhound38 wrote: »
    So the election is over and we now have a sparkling new Government to seperate us from our hard earned cash. We all know that voters (particularly Irish ones) have short memories, but I would be interested to hear if the fine citizens of After Hours would ever consider voting Fianna Fáil again in the future after the antics of the Bertie and Biffo Show, and what it would take to make them do so?

What's the difference?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

DaveDaRave wrote: »
    Already did.

Ahhhhhh. The irish voter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Noel Coonan is our local FG TD and never was there a more useless TD going. Mr Invisible as they call him

And people wonder why we vote Michael Lowry....
    Well at least he works!

If Noel Coonan is the best that FG can provide well I'm looking elsewhere next election

So yes OP, I'd consider it
    And I'm not one bit happy of the government dipping into private sector pension funds

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Never did nor ever will as they wont change.. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭sherdydan

Mary O'Rourke got my first preference last time around!

gladly vote for them over the blueshirts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

There is no difference between FF's and FG's politics, none, zero, zilch.

It's same ****, different party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

sherdydan wrote: »

Hey, the 1930s called. They want their political rhetoric back.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

charlemont wrote: »
    Never did nor ever will as they wont change.. :cool:

Same here - looks like the other crowd (FG and Labour) are going to be just as "popular" with all their brilliant ideas.

Maybe I'll vote Christian Solidarity or Sinn Féin next time.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

will again in fairness even FF didnt row back on election promises anywhere near the breakneck speed FG have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

miju wrote: »
    will again in fairness even FF didnt row back on election promises anywhere near the breakneck speed FG have

Did they not? I can't say I noticed at the time. I was too busy watching them bankrupt the fucking country.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭puppetmaster

orourkeda wrote: »
    never have never will

Have to laugh that this poster and the "already did " poster are pretty much identical in the way that they vote. Wont change cause the other crowd are "insert usuall Bull here". Same ideas just supportin a different team. Loyaly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

TheZohan wrote: »
    There is no difference between FF's and FG's politics, none, zero, zilch.

It's same ****, different party.

Unfortunately seems to be the case alright........and while we're thankfully rid of blatant corruption, that improvement isn't enough.

But count me in the "haven't since O'Malley and never will" grouping - we need rid of corruption and incompetence, and at least we're halfway there.

I actually cut a few acquaintances out of my life because they voted FF earlier this year; they might be happy to live with cronyism and corruption, but I've no desire to hang out with people with that mindset.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

In fairness, I'll take broken election promises over the destruction of my country anyday. I'm giving FG and Labour a bit more leeway than I'm used to giving politicians, seeing as how their current actions are almost entirely directed at the task of attempting to clean up after the royal mess their incompetent and corrupt predecessors put us all in...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

policarp wrote: »
    What's the difference?

Track record

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Liam Byrne wrote: »

I actually cut a few acquaintances out of my life because they voted FF earlier this year; they might be happy to live with cronyism and corruption, but I've no desire to hang out with people with that mindset.

There's adverts asking people to (rightly) turn in welfare fraudsters. Inform on insurance scammers etc. What comeback has the citizen?

Continue voting against your own self interest people. Let's see where that gets us.
    In fairness, I'll take broken election promises over the destruction of my country anyday. I'm giving FG and Labour a bit more leeway than I'm used to giving politicians, seeing as how their current actions are almost entirely directed at the task of attempting to clean up after the royal mess their incompetent and corrupt predecessors put us all in...

FG are driving FFs getaway car.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Craebear

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

It depends on how drunk I am at voting time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Nope. They're the worst thing to happen to this country since the black and tans. Basically kept us a nation of peasants

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    Nope. They're the worst thing to happen to this country since the black and tans. Basically kept us a nation of peasants
    I agree with you. They have made so many bad decisions and have been so short sighted a transition year class could have ran the country better.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

RayM wrote: »
    Did they not? I can't say I noticed at the time. I was too busy watching them bankrupt the fucking country.

in fairness FG wouldnt have done any different most governments cant control bubbles

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

And what about the two years following the bubble bursting where FF did nothing, lied to the electorate and continued to pull strokes up to the final day?

You may say FG = FF but they really dont. FG at least have an ideology and some set of principles. FFs motto is get into power at all costs and at the expense of anyone. Abuse that power to stay in power for as long as you can.

Im no FG fanboy and they aint perfect, but FF they are not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

ColHol wrote: »
    And what about the two years following the bubble bursting where FF did nothing, lied to the electorate and continued to pull strokes up to the final day?

You may say FG = FF but they really dont. FG at least have an ideology and some set of principles. FFs motto is get into power at all costs and at the expense of anyone. Abuse that power to stay in power for as long as you can.

Im no FG fanboy and they aint perfect, but FF they are not.

And to be fair to FG and Labour (and again, I'm no huge fan of the Blueshirts or the Nouveau Stickies), at the very least they don't have anywhere near the same track record with wanton corruption as FF. I can't see it being necessary to drag Enda or Gilmore in front of a Tribunal in years to come, which is a start at any rate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Have to laugh that this poster and the "already did " poster are pretty much identical in the way that they vote. Wont change cause the other crowd are "insert usuall Bull here". Same ideas just supportin a different team. Loyaly.

Your not pulling the strings right so :P

We should have a levy on people that voted for FF in the last election instead of on pensions :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭swordofislam

And I'm not one bit happy of the government dipping into private sector pension funds

Think you mean
    And I'm not one bit happy of the government asking me to do anything at all to help the country can't someone else do it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭swordofislam

in fairness FG wouldnt have done any different most governments cant control bubbles
    Would FG have had the SSIAs?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Would I ever vote Fianna Fáil again?

Yes - when hell is proved to exist and it freezes over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

The way I see it. In the next couple of years FG will be viewed by the public the same as FF are now. Similarly, FF will be viewed as angelic as FG seemed during its GE'11 election campaign.

Why? Because the Irish public are generally forgetful.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭flash1080

I vote for the best candidates in my constituency, so I will be voting for FF again.

Advertisement