Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UEFA Cup final charter next Wedenday

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Tenger wrote: »
    Bet you're glad you work on the 'right' side of the fence!!!

It has its advantages. :)

Enjoyed putting people right as to why the lads were all around the perimeter road and not just some random flash mob with cameras. Great to see such numbers out there today.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭pauraic1990

Well. There was a crowd in the "The Eating place". It was great to see the big crowds. The airport police didn't have a problem with the crowd in the restaurant.

Today was great for me to see all those rare sight and 40 new reg in my log.

Do anyone have any photo of today event.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭westdub

Do anyone have any photo of today event.

Check out the Photo Gallery....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Drimnagh Road

Andrew33 wrote: »
    Do they still have it?:eek:
    I flew on that steaming pile of c**p from EIDW to LPFR a good few years ago.:D

Yes, well according to their website anyway she's still going, must say I was pleasently surprised when I checked last night as it must be a fuel guzzler, plus with more modern aircraft in the fleet now. I also imagine that parts must be hard to get.

http://www.euroatlantic.pt/html/en_aircraft_lockheed_CS_TEB.asp

Flew on it to Lanzarote a few years ago, back in 04 / 05. It was flying a lot of sun charters out of Dublin that Summer and I remember it caused chaos on one occasion as it suffered a well publicised oil leak that delayed passengers 30 hours or something similar on a flight from Faro.

Joe Duffy was inundated with calls from irate Irish passengers stranded at Faro waiting for the aircraft to return from repair at Lisbon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

Flew on it to Lanzarote a few years ago, back in 04 / 05. It was flying a lot of sun charters out of Dublin that Summer and I remember it caused chaos on one occasion as it suffered a well publicised oil leak that delayed passengers 30 hours or something similar on a flight from Faro.

It was '03 and I was one of those passengers delayed out of Dub, not by 30 hours though, 16hrs I think it was and in fairness to Sunworld, they gave us a lot of vouchers for food/drink at the airport and then bussed us all the way to Citywest Hotel (I live beside it:rolleyes:) and put us up over night and fed us again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

LeakRate wrote: »
    Its going to be chaos the morning of the 19th,if the Germans couldnt manage it,the DAA..............[/QUOTE
    I hope the doubting Thomas's will have the good grace to eat their word's.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭LeakRate

Yep Credit where credit is due,all involved did a great job

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

lord lucan wrote: »
    Some crowd out on the old airport road today............Even a few passengers remarked about all "the loonies" along the road!:D
    What loonies? Oh yeah!!-
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/38016434@N05/5735326912/in/photostream/

Here's a great shot of the line-up-
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/38016434@N05/5736405982/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

Plowman wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I was surprised they left the road open as it was mentioned beforehand that it would be closed. There was a Garda van at the mound parking area at 03.15 that morning when i passed with 2 cops talking to a couple of people parked up there. Looked like they were being moved on. Maybe it wasn't aircraft spotting they were there for!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

lord lucan wrote: »
    I was surprised they left the road open as it was mentioned beforehand that it would be closed. There was a Garda van at the mound parking area at 03.15 that morning when i passed with 2 cops talking to a couple of people parked up there. Looked like they were being moved on. Maybe it wasn't aircraft spotting they were there for!:pac:

How did the exodus of the charters and the towing of the EI/FR onstand go earlier today?

How did the exodus of the charters and the towing of the EI/FR onstand go earlier today?

Haven't a clue,was off today.:)

I'll ask around tomorrow but i didn't hear of any problems. The volume of traffic was less than was originally envisaged so it should've been handy enough for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Names

Suprisingly smoothly,16/34 was still closed today as there were still a few generators and spotlights left on it...should be all clear by tomorrow morning

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Great Shot

Can anyone tell me how there is an XL aircraft in among thie line? I thought they went bust ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

As far as i know it went bust for about 6months then became XLA Germany

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Green Back

vicwatson wrote: »
    Great Shot

Can anyone tell me how there is an XL aircraft in among thie line? I thought they went bust ?

XL Leisure Group in the UK went in to administration but other XL companies did not, including XL Airways France:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XL_Leisure_Group

Callsign XLF930M landed at Dublin, according to the following website it is operated by XL France:

http://www.libhomeradar.org/databasequery/details.php?page=0&qid=7477934&sid=651494545

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭pauraic1990

vicwatson wrote: »
    Great Shot

It XL France, it a different airline and aifferent Air Opreator Licence. It used to be owned by XL leisure group which is now bust but I dont know who the owner now. Do anyone know who thw ownership of this airline.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭w@ll3gurl

Last I heard XL France was fully owned by an Icelandic investment bank called Straumur, but for obvious reasons this may have changed since the financial crisis.

Advertisement