Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tropico 4

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

And here's my take on T4 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

From this review in the Metro, these lines make me think the differences are just cosmetic;
    There are 20 new buildings but they all seem to be there merely to provide a bullet point for the back of the box and don't advance the gameplay in any meaningful way. Unless you think that being able to build a shopping centre would've greatly improved the original.

and
    The new ability to hire individual governmental ministers is just busywork that adds nothing in terms of your overall control of the island.

This was a problem I had with 3. Some of the final improvements didn't open new gameplay e.g. the Ferris Wheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,842 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Seems more like an expansion than a sequel. The president has the same quotes but they sound like they've been recorded again, why not make him say something different? The same goofy tannoy conversations play every time you build certain buildings, sick of hearing about snuggles the bunny every time I build a dump. They've added the Middle East and China but they make very little difference to the game. The auto-repair icon for destroyed buildings is handy though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 artem

Wow this game looks ace. I only know Tropico 1 since I stopped gaming a few years ago..... makes me want to start gaming RIGHT now. Let's see if I can get it :D

Advertisement