Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

17" Dell laptop €443

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Try now - a shipping label has been created for mine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭snowstreams

Laptop arrived there today. Cant wait to use it later on after work.
    It took 6 working days to deliver to me, so not too bad at all. Im half tempted to get another laptop from Ibood but ive heard some bad stories from some other people who ordered laptops from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Just informed mine arrived also, looking forward to putting it through it's paces.
    Goody goody goody :D

Pretty good system - i have been playing around with it today after it arrived. Very pleased with it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Got mine today but won't be able to use it till after the weekend :(

Still very happy considering the feedback of the other thread on Ibood

• Advertisement

Anyone who got their laptop please check something for me.
    According to the iBood description there was a 2 year collect and return warranty on the unit but when I checked my service tag on http://support.euro.dell.com there was no warranty associated with it.
    Use this link to check warranty status
    http://support.euro.dell.com/support/topics/topic.aspx/emea/shared/support/my_systems_info/en/details?c=uk&cs=ukdhs1&l=en&s=dhs&~ck=anavml

Anyone??

Yeah it lists the country as netherlands too! No warranty or service contract. Have you been in contact with ibood?

Not yet, I wanted to make sure if wasn't just me seeing things first.

Did you register the laptop? I registered it and got an email

Dear Customer
    Thank you for contacting Dell.
    The Original owner information provided in the last request is not matching with our records. Kindly fill the online form www.dell.com/dhs/globaltagtransfer again with express service code along with additional information (e.g. Express Service Code, Country of current registration if the product was transferred from one region to another, Name of the store if purchased from a retail store, auction id if purchased through online auction) in the comments box.
    We appreciate your cooperation.
    Regards,
    International Tag Team

I did this last night and havent heard back since.

• Advertisement

Have you heard anything back from Dell yet McLove? I got the same email today as you did a few days ago. I filled in the form again, but this time just mentioning that the old country was netherlands, and new country ireland.
    I picked netherlands because the box said netherlands on the outside. I'll see how I get on so.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Just after getting to use the laptop yesterday and i've encountered 2 problems, 1 being major.

The first is that it won't ask for the security key of some wireless routers for some reason, not sure why but i find plugging it in and then out and after a few attempts it'll ask for them.

The second is very serious. It keeps crashing when i stream videos. I forget if youtube is one but megavideo and videobb are. I'll be watching a dvd later so i'll see f it does the same. It just crashes and you can hear the audio buzzing. only way to get it back is to shut it down manually.

Trying to sort out the warrenty now. :(

Have you heard anything back from Dell yet McLove? I got the same email today as you did a few days ago. I filled in the form again, but this time just mentioning that the old country was netherlands, and new country ireland.
    I picked netherlands because the box said netherlands on the outside. I'll see how I get on so.

What did you put for original owner and email address? - I am contacting ibood regarding this

Mc Love wrote: »
    What did you put for original owner and email address? - I am contacting ibood regarding this

I might have done it wrong, but i just put my own name for previous owner and also for current owner.
    I thought the problem finding the service tag was just happening because dell were searching the ireland database of tags.
    And if they search netherlands they might find it.
    Im not sure though, I'll put up anything i get from dell up here.
    Let us know if Ibood respond back.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭rafaetha

SickBoy wrote: »
    After a very quick compare...
    Lenovo pros
    Slightly faster CPU
    Wireless N
    Extra year of warranty

Be careful about Lenovo warranties. Depending on the model your warranty would be "mail in", i.e. you have to post the laptop to their repair center and pay for the postage. Anyway, manufacturers extended warranties are ****. I'm not sure if it's Lenovo or Asus but one of them covers you for parts on the 2nd year but not for labor. I'd suggest you all read through the warranty terms before considering it a decision point.

Just checked the warranty on my system again there and it seems to have been updated, maybe iBood have registered all the laptops automatically?
    Description	Provider	Start Date	End Date	Days Left
    CAR		DELL		23/03/2011	24/06/2013	758
    CAR		DELL		23/03/2011	24/06/2012	393

Thanks for checking that out sickboy. I just checked there and its the same for me.
    Thats good, so theres no need to wait for a response from Ibood :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭loopymum

I followed the instructions that came with laptop to register it and I got the same information as sickboy.

But I got this email earlier tonight

Dear Customer

Thank you for contacting Dell.
    The Original owner information provided in the last request is not matching with our records. Kindly fill the online form www.dell.com/dhs/globaltagtransfer again with express service code along with additional information (e.g. Express Service Code, Country of current registration if the product was transferred from one region to another, Name of the store if purchased from a retail store, auction id if purchased through online auction) in the comments box.
    We appreciate your cooperation.

Regards,
    International Tag Team

I have no idea what information to enter, anyone heard back from ibood?

Advertisement