Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite retro-videogame soundtracks

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭a5y

Uplink (Introversion Software)

I'd a few others to post, but they won't be retro for some time yet. : \

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,247 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

The 1st underwater level in DK stands out for me. It's really like walking into a time machine for me.

I always get that confused with this :pac:

Some of the best cheesy Cave music

• Registered Users Posts: 10,545 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

LOVE the Battle Garegga 'arrange' OST. And to think, I started off hating this game, one of the finest shooting games ever made. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,667 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

You hated Garegga? I guess you're more into mad pink bullets all over the screen and scantly clad Japanese schoolgirls adorning the sides aren't ya? :p

Garegga is brilliant. Raizing's best game after Souky in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Never hated it per se. More I never really 'got it'. Then I chucked €100-ish at a Saturn copy, instantly had some sort of buyers remorse which spurred me on to actually play the living boulangeries out of it.

The more you play with it, the more it grows on you. Like an aul fellas trouser custard in a darkened cinema. :pac:

I am inclined to agree, Garegga is Raizing's best game. However I would follow that with Batrider, then Soukyugurentai.

I'll be playing DoDonpachi Saidaioujou 2 weeks from now, so will be able to comment more on the schoolgirl shooting games then. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,992 ✭✭✭Doge

OwaynOTT wrote: »

That top gear track sounds heavily influenced by Italo,
    possible by the Artist "Laserdance" also:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

This is one of my faves. Fire field, the last track on the original F-Zero on SNES.

There's something about the 2 part harmonized digital bassline that just grabs you by the ears and swings you around and won't let go. It wasn't a bad game either, for 16bit, early 90's pre 3D gameplay....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,261 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Here's one I'd happily listen to on it's own without the game. Remember getting a trailer for the game included with resident evil 2 (i think) and it used this song.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,558 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just bought the Wip3out soundtrack from Adverts.
    I had the original soundtrack cd but it's walked in the intervening 17 years!
    This is from the third game.
    Afaik it may be just the music files from the game cd stripped out onto a cs of their own.
    Don't know.

Hey!
    While looking up the game found that Wipeout 3:SE, the version I have, has a 4 player multiplayer over two screen using the underused link cable.... wow, I wish I had one now!

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Mcjmetroid

FInd it very difficult to go against thunderforce IV for intro themes.

The whole game had that whole "heavy-metal" synth sound that made that pushed the megadrive soundchip to it's limit.

Advertisement